Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: New LCOG - Creeper Chassis - "LCG-VP"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default New LCOG - Creeper Chassis - "LCG-VP"

- - - - Teaser - - - -

LCG VP Chassis

I'm pleased to anounce that after lots of brain storming I've finaly figured out how to give the Creeper the lowest posible center of gravity with the creeper stock trans. Once I get a photoshop mock up done, I'll post up the idea... perhaps... or you'll have to wait for the still shots. Havn't decided just yet.

The kit when ready will have a new Skid Side Plates and links to go along with it. This is going to take some time from start to finish with the move and everything but I'm sure it will take the creeper to an even higher preformance levels than ever before.

My target price is going to be $65. Keep youre fingers crossed.
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
RCC Addict

oh yay cool
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
RCC Addict

so how is this going to work any ways?
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Do you think you will be offering just the new skidplate by itself??
Need a tester???
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #5

Spewing just ordered ur 4vp. Ohwell.can't wait to see pics.
Top work bloke.
green troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Default Peak...

This is going not going to be a bodiless chassis to start off. I finished the preliminary design tonight and seams like it's going to work out well at a glance.

This will give you a narrower flat skid but longer making it longer and a belly dragger like the LCC however tuned properly you will rock this truck. LCC driving is a slightly different crawling style.

There will be high clearance rear lowers, and slightly steeped up front lowers.

My prototype will be cut from 1/4in delrin then the production chassis will be cut from 3/32in aluminum for reduced weight and durability.

This is what I'll call a Lay down Tranny design.

Here's a peak for now... Stay Tuned.
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #7
RCC Addict

after i heard this it got me thinking. if you use some 6061 aluminum plate thats about 3/8in thick and about 3 1/8in long by about the width tranny and you can lay the tranny down in the same stock position so it will be compadible with the stock chassie, vultur, vulture xr, and the 4vp v3. i was also thinking that you could also mount the links close to gether like the losi lcc and that should help to keep the rear and front ends sentered when you spread and raise the rear links. ive had this stuck in my head for a while know and this just helped me remember it. once i get some plate i think imgoing to make a custom one just for my self .
Old 03-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomcrawlerdud View Post
after i heard this it got me thinking. if you use some 6061 aluminum plate thats about 3/8in thick and about 3 1/8in long by about the width tranny and you can lay the tranny down in the same stock position so it will be compadible with the stock chassie, vultur, vulture xr, and the 4vp v3. i was also thinking that you could also mount the links close to gether like the losi lcc and that should help to keep the rear and front ends sentered when you spread and raise the rear links. ive had this stuck in my head for a while know and this just helped me remember it. once i get some plate i think imgoing to make a custom one just for my self .
I'm going to start with the lowers wide then cut the prototype stock skid to see how close i can get them without interfearing with the drive shaft. If I can get them together in the center I will, but I think the drive shaft might rub. Only time will tell now.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:40 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
if you use some 6061 aluminum plate thats about 3/8in thick and about 3 1/8in long by about the width tranny
Wow, 3/8" thick?? That is rather thick, for aluminum. I think that 5/32" or maybe 3/16" would be fine.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:29 AM   #10
RCC Addict

what i mean by 3/8in thick is im going to drill and tap a hole in the side of the aluminum so i can mount it with out needing to bend up any thing.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:20 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
what i mean by 3/8in thick is im going to drill and tap a hole in the side of the aluminum so i can mount it with out needing to bend up any thing.
My suggested thicknesses would allow drilling & tapping holes as well. Part of why Delrin is usually thicker is that it allows the strength when drilled & tapped.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #12
RCC Addict

The skid is going to be 1/4in delrin and may be made to fit the stock chassis but for starterd it will not. Perhaps down the road I'll offer the skid by it's self.