Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: finally got one, need some help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default finally got one, need some help

I'm changing the motor and esc and was thinking about arc4wd 540 Crawler Brushed Motor (55T), and a Outcry Crawler Single Motor Electronic Speed Controller. what do you guys think ?

anything else i should look at?
08yfz45031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

dont do a 540 can motor,,its to big for the link clearance up front you need a short can. try an integy or similar in 55t or 45t. I dont know much about the Outcry esc,,I personally use a Rooster Crawler on 3S and dont see myself changing

Anything else you should look at? yeah every thread in the Venom forum,,we have build threads and information about every problem and part that needs to be addressed like tires and shocks and linkages, and changing the chassis set up for better performance,,the Creeper is a great out of the box rig as far as climbability but lacks a little in all out comp worthy performance,,,but that goes for every rig out there. My $0.02
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

looking at them now, how is the traxxas xl5, thats whats in the truck
08yfz45031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The XL5 really isnt a Crawler esc its more of a racing esc for vehicles like a Slash or Stampede, I dont think it has the Low end you want for crawling,,,it would be fine I think for bashing or something like rock racing where you want more high end throttle response,,,Now I may be wrong,,But I really think you would want osmething more suited for crawling. The thing about crawling though,,,rules are for points not for getting through the day,,,try it and see how you like it. If you do, keep it. If you dont,,,well,,,there are many options from $80-$200 out there.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:44 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08yfz45031 View Post
looking at them now, how is the traxxas xl5, thats whats in the truck
it will work for bashing like rmd said. i used it in my creeper when i first got it. it was lying around so i used it. then i took my sidewinder out of my slash and reprogramed it for crawling. works great. the biggest thing you will come to dislike about using the xl5 is the lack of drag brakes (can use the poor mans brake, ajust the trim back slightly) and having the delay from braking to reverse.
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote