Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Venom Creeper
Loading

Notices

Thread: RMDW T's & T's & set up

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #61
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Hex tip from Rolly,,thanks bro...
viper's creeper build
im pretty new to rock crawling but ill help anybody here anytime i can...everyone here has helped me out more than they know, thanks to the everyone here and keep up the great builds.
Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2010, 03:16 PM   #62
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Moses Lake
Posts: 110
Default

Question about the rear upper link setup. I have my links set about 2" apart and about 5/8" abouve original spot. Maybe I am missing something but with this setup i have absolutley no articulation and rig rollsover with the slightest of ease. What am I missing? Thanks
Jay2380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 03:34 PM   #63
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2380 View Post
Question about the rear upper link setup. I have my links set about 2" apart and about 5/8" abouve original spot. Maybe I am missing something but with this setup i have absolutley no articulation and rig rollsover with the slightest of ease. What am I missing? Thanks
have you moved your shocks to the lower mounting positions on the front and rear axles along with your lower links?
Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #64
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Moses Lake
Posts: 110
Default

yes i have. I have tried it both ways and in the lower spot is where i get no articulation. I am running 3racing shocks with stock creeper springs and 23 wt oil.
Jay2380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:15 PM   #65
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Malta, NY
Posts: 1,341
Default

well just when you sniped the tires did u cut out the section between the yellow lines or did u just cut a grove right on the yellow line
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:36 PM   #66
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: eugene
Posts: 549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2380 View Post
Question about the rear upper link setup. I have my links set about 2" apart and about 5/8" abouve original spot. Maybe I am missing something but with this setup i have absolutley no articulation and rig rollsover with the slightest of ease. What am I missing? Thanks
what is binding or hitting when you try to articulate the rear axle? can you post a pic of your rear link set up? that will help alot on trying to help you out. you also have to remeber that to much articulation is bad. a good rule of thumb is to be able to list 1 tire off the ground and it maxes out at about 5 to 6 inches (ground to bottom of the tire) with the other 3 on the ground. when i did this set up i had redo my rear link geomotry and had to move my shocks out farther....

Last edited by lazynocturnal; 11-13-2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: added the pic of my rear set up...
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:46 PM   #67
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2380 View Post
yes i have. I have tried it both ways and in the lower spot is where i get no articulation. I am running 3racing shocks with stock creeper springs and 23 wt oil.
it sounds like something in your set up is binding and is keeping your truck from its full articulation. but it is hard to tell just because it might not be just one thing and could be a couple of things causing the problem. try to examining your rig and find out if any suspension parts are rubbing or binding against each other. also try keeping your set up but put the venom shocks back on and see if there is any improvement(maybe there is too much of a length difference on the aftermarket shocks). can you post up some pictures, that would help us in understanding a little better.
Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ...the burning end of the rope.
Posts: 5,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomcrawlerdud View Post
well just when you sniped the tires did u cut out the section between the yellow lines or did u just cut a grove right on the yellow line
VCD,,,just make a cut where the yellow lines are,,dont remove any material.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:10 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ...the burning end of the rope.
Posts: 5,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolly View Post
it sounds like something in your set up is binding and is keeping your truck from its full articulation. but it is hard to tell just because it might not be just one thing and could be a couple of things causing the problem. try to examining your rig and find out if any suspension parts are rubbing or binding against each other. also try keeping your set up but put the venom shocks back on and see if there is any improvement(maybe there is too much of a length difference on the aftermarket shocks). can you post up some pictures, that would help us in understanding a little better.
The shocks are binding on the lower link rod ends,,take the wheels off and take pics form the side and just lightly forward looking back at the lower link mount so I can see what you angles are.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:02 PM   #70
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Moses Lake
Posts: 110
Default

Heres what i got. The springs are the 3racing springs not the creeper ones.





Jay2380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ...the burning end of the rope.
Posts: 5,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2380 View Post
Heres what i got. The springs are the 3racing springs not the creeper ones.





pics dont show man,,,,
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:27 PM   #72
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Moses Lake
Posts: 110
Default

Anything?

Jay2380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ...the burning end of the rope.
Posts: 5,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2380 View Post
Anything?

Nope,,white box,,red X
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:56 PM   #74
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Moses Lake
Posts: 110
Default

I am not following what you need to see!
Jay2380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ...the burning end of the rope.
Posts: 5,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2380 View Post
I am not following what you need to see!
your pics arent coming through,,just little boxes with red X's
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:29 PM   #76
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Moses Lake
Posts: 110
Default

Alright how about now

Name:  P1000450.JPG
Views: 1065
Size:  97.0 KB

Name:  P1000451.JPG
Views: 1038
Size:  94.9 KB

Name:  P1000452.JPG
Views: 1030
Size:  93.0 KB
Jay2380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #77
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: muskegon
Posts: 270
Default

maybe the shock bodies are binding on the chassis plates
icemancrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:51 PM   #78
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Moses Lake
Posts: 110
Default

They did but i put some spacers in and they do not hit anymore.
Jay2380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:24 PM   #79
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Naoma, WV
Posts: 1,470
Default

Perhaps the bent rodends on the upper links are binding? If you have some straight rodends leftover from the kit it might help.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ...the burning end of the rope.
Posts: 5,013
Default

check to make sure the driveshafts arent bottoming out inside themselves
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com