Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Venom Creeper
Loading

Notices

Thread: RMDW T's & T's & set up

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #81
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Malta, NY
Posts: 1,341
Default

thats for the info rmdw
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2010, 12:10 AM   #82
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sydney/Australia
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
No Problem,,,Siping just makes Rovers better than they are stock...I use flush cut pliers to sipe mine,,dremel is way too messy.

"Thomas"
cheers Thomas, i'll have to sipe mine when i get time

thanks again
granborismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:13 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ...the burning end of the rope.
Posts: 5,013
Default

Im gonna do some more siping soon.Ill update you guys on what I do to mine. W/ pics....
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:34 AM   #84
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ...the burning end of the rope.
Posts: 5,013
Default

Hey guys,,I know Ill probably catch some "What do you care?" replies over this but....just as a reminder as Ive seen an influx of multi-post lately, for those who havent seen this....we were doin really well there for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Tip 2,,,,You DO NOT need to post a NEW thread for every problem you have. Post a thread about your crawler and then stick with that thread. Post your problems in Your thread. We all will read them and do whatever we can to help you. If you have a question about something you want to do or a tech problem you are having then we will be able to find all your issues in one location. Here's the other side to this idea,,,if people would stop posting a thread for every single problem they have then maybe we can clean up the VENOM forum so that maybe people WILL READ THE THREADS.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #85
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: eugene
Posts: 549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Hey guys,,I know Ill probably catch some "What do you care?" replies over this but....just as a reminder as Ive seen an influx of multi-post lately, for those who havent seen this....we were doin really well there for a while.
lol, i was noticing the same...
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:11 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ...the burning end of the rope.
Posts: 5,013
Default

Price list is updated and current.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:46 PM   #87
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Price list is updated and current.
hey RMDW, i run a full droop setup on my creeper...would your rear axle link plate benefit my setup? since i have a full droop i dont suffer from TT.
Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ...the burning end of the rope.
Posts: 5,013
Default

If your suspension is extended and you apply torque Id bet the right front tire lifts...yes? no? Like if the right front tire is hung over a rock or down into a hole....
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:02 PM   #89
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
If your suspension is extended and you apply torque Id bet the right front tire lifts...yes? no? Like if the right front tire is hung over a rock or down into a hole....
in most cases yes (i run 8oz. on each front wheel and i do have my rear upper links separated but not raised)...would your rear link plate eliminate this?
Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:05 PM   #90
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: eugene
Posts: 549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolly View Post
hey RMDW, i run a full droop setup on my creeper...would your rear axle link plate benefit my setup? since i have a full droop i dont suffer from TT.
from some one who runs droop with this mod. i have to say that it does help.
sorry for the hijack rmdw
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:09 PM   #91
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazynocturnal View Post
from some one who runs droop with this mod. i have to say that it does help.
sorry for the hijack rmdw
thats great to hear...thanks for the info lazy, looks like this is gonna be my next mod.
Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:10 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ...the burning end of the rope.
Posts: 5,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolly View Post
in most cases yes (i run 8oz. on each front wheel and i do have my rear upper links separated but not raised)...would your rear link plate eliminate this?
If your tire lifts when you apply torque then you have torque twist...you dont experience it with droop normally cuz the left rear shock is already bottomed out...you do still have it without the right link geometry...it just happens at different times than for a sprung rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazynocturnal View Post
from some one who runs droop with this mod. i have to say that it does help.
sorry for the hijack rmdw
No Problem Lazy...any direct info is welcome.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:14 PM   #93
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
If your tire lifts when you apply torque then you have torque twist...you dont experience it with droop normally cuz the left rear shock is already bottomed out...you do still have it without the right link geometry...it just happens at different times than for a sprung rig.



No Problem Lazy...any direct info is welcome.
thanks for the all the info RMDW...i will definately be contacting you about the rear link plate soon.
Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:24 AM   #94
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wake
Posts: 3
Default Template?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Let the Crayons roll....stand by for much more

TECH TIP 4 & 5

Pics of how my VC is set up to help with Torque Twist. Specifically look at the rear axle and the rear upper link geometry.








Howdy, after a couple of years in racing offroad/onroad RC you guys have convinced me to try crawling. The Venom Creeper seems to be the best bang for the buck and a great platform to upgrade. I have a red one on the way to my LHS.
RM, not sure if anyone has asked this but would you be willing to share your template for the battery/servo plate and the rear link plate? I have an unusable cf touring car chassis that I want to try to make these two plates out of. That would be awesome if you would. Let me know.

Last edited by Rhymenocerous; 12-27-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Rhymenocerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:55 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ...the burning end of the rope.
Posts: 5,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymenocerous View Post
Howdy, after a couple of years in racing offroad/onroad RC you guys have convinced me to try crawling. The Venom Creeper seems to be the best bang for the buck and a great platform to upgrade. I have a red one on the way to my LHS.
RM, not sure if anyone has asked this but would you be willing to share your template for the battery/servo plate and the rear link plate? I have an unusable cf touring car chassis that I want to try to make these two plates out of. That would be awesome if you would. Let me know.
The easiest thing to do is to use the stock servo plate that comes in the kit to make your own plates,,then you get the servo where you want it etc..anyone on here can tell you that my stuff is all pretty extreme by design and I have to tone it down for other's. If you need help making your own otherwise Ill be glad to help you out but I dont feel comfortable sending you a template that may not work for you and what you want.

use a piece of cardboard or plastic sheet to make a plate the size you want on the axles...align the plate so the center of the pinion yoke is centered on the plates' center line...the mark the center line on the stock servo plate so you can align it on the piece of cardboard/sheet. mark your axle mounting holes on the cardboard/sheet then >>>for the front axle<<< set your servo in place where you want it...make sure the servo isnt gonna get hit by the tires when at full steering lock or hit anything else...also make sure the servo is fully supported by the plate and protected. You can also measure to find half of the width of the stock servo plate to find center...I make parts that I know work because I test them...but templates are a tricky thing to make right for someone 1 off. use the same centering technique to make the rear axle plate but make it about 1/2" wider than the stock servo plate and drill two holes addtional to the axle mounting holes,,these two addtional holes will be in the corners toward the chassis and spread apart...easy referrence is drill these two holes 1/4" in from the leading edge and side of the plate on each front corner. the use servo mounts as the standoffs. also use a piece of all-thread or a tube/pipe between the standoffs or they will want to turn when under load.

let me know if you need anything else or if you need more help..I hope you understand my reasoning for my decision not to send a drilling template.

Thomas @ RMDW
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:03 PM   #96
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: murrieta
Posts: 280
Default

Wow what a great thread. I'm a crawler noob and am going to order up a Creeper this weekend. This thread is just what I needed to be able to get some hop-ups ordered at the same time and tips for it. Thanks for taking the time to do the write-up.
28offroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #97
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 237
Default

Mr. rmdesignworks,

I am sure you expect little, to no, back patting or apple polishing for posting this thread, but I feel compelled, none the less, to offer my sincere thanks. I am new to this forum, but not at all new to RC forums in general. I understand the frustrations, and realize the shear amount of time and personal effort that went into, not only the research and development of all these tips, but into the careful wording and explanation of each point you made.

I feel that sometimes, most of us, just don't really want to take the time involved into writing a post like this, and consider, as you did, the best way to convey a point without offending people unnecessarily, or by being too nice and not effectively conveying the real point.

You have done a superlative job with this posting, and I personally learned a great deal about the creeper from reading this post alone!

Again, I just want to thank you, and congratulate you on a thankless job that far too many people will overlook and never consider all it takes to compile a posting this complete.

KUDOS
Rockwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:44 PM   #98
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ...the burning end of the rope.
Posts: 5,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf View Post
Mr. rmdesignworks,

I am sure you expect little, to no, back patting or apple polishing for posting this thread, but I feel compelled, none the less, to offer my sincere thanks. I am new to this forum, but not at all new to RC forums in general. I understand the frustrations, and realize the shear amount of time and personal effort that went into, not only the research and development of all these tips, but into the careful wording and explanation of each point you made.

I feel that sometimes, most of us, just don't really want to take the time involved into writing a post like this, and consider, as you did, the best way to convey a point without offending people unnecessarily, or by being too nice and not effectively conveying the real point.

You have done a superlative job with this posting, and I personally learned a great deal about the creeper from reading this post alone!

Again, I just want to thank you, and congratulate you on a thankless job that far too many people will overlook and never consider all it takes to compile a posting this complete.

KUDOS
I want to say thanks for the comments and endorsements,,,ill answer more in depth when i get a more user friendly keyboard back....
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #99
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: philly
Posts: 129
Default great

About to buy a new creeper, my first crawler, and by far this is the most helpful thread ever! I have had questions about builds, diffs, cvd's and found every answer here. A must for every creeper owner. thank you for taking the time to do this! can't wait to start my build.
floundern45rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #100
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ...the burning end of the rope.
Posts: 5,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf View Post
Mr. rmdesignworks,

I am sure you expect little, to no, back patting or apple polishing for posting this thread, but I feel compelled, none the less, to offer my sincere thanks. I am new to this forum, but not at all new to RC forums in general. I understand the frustrations, and realize the shear amount of time and personal effort that went into, not only the research and development of all these tips, but into the careful wording and explanation of each point you made.

I feel that sometimes, most of us, just don't really want to take the time involved into writing a post like this, and consider, as you did, the best way to convey a point without offending people unnecessarily, or by being too nice and not effectively conveying the real point.

You have done a superlative job with this posting, and I personally learned a great deal about the creeper from reading this post alone!

Again, I just want to thank you, and congratulate you on a thankless job that far too many people will overlook and never consider all it takes to compile a posting this complete.

KUDOS
Most people see very little return on things they do...I however have been overwhelmed with the return I have received on these boards. Everytime a person posts up and tells someone to read something Ive written or posted I get a return on my time and energy. I must say that in most cases in my life when I have given someone the information they needed for something I have seen a true return for my effort...I have been repaid many times over on here. The guys on here have taken bits and pieces of what I have offered up and used what they needed...that is my pat on the back, and it happens almost daily. That is also why I let the guys know regularly how much I appreciate thier support.

More importantly though, quite a few of the guys have sent me pm's or posted up a quick thank you for some little thing they read about or saw I had tried and just wanted to pass along a quick endorsement.

To me...from what I have seen, the Creeper forum is it.

And,,Rockwolf,,,Thanks to you too for an indepth endorsement.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com