Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: RMDW T's & T's & set up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 03:25 AM   #101

Hi Mr. rmdesignworks

You have many videos for see your Venom in action?

Thanks
supertato is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #102

Default Thank you Thomas

I hope It works New avatar
JAFO-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:15 AM   #103
Yashua

Default Team paradox

WELCOME ON BOARD JAFO, , I'M THE OTHER NEWEST TEAM MEMBER, HOPE YOU DO ENJOY THE CREEPER AS MUCH AS I AND MY WIFE DO OURS. WE'RE WORKING ON HER NEW RIG RIGHT NOW
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:23 AM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
WELCOME ON BOARD JAFO, , I'M THE OTHER NEWEST TEAM MEMBER, HOPE YOU DO ENJOY THE CREEPER AS MUCH AS I AND MY WIFE DO OURS. WE'RE WORKING ON HER NEW RIG RIGHT NOW
JAFO actually drives what will be one of two completely Paradox'd Axial hy-brids...he is going to be using a Creeper trans soon (ya just cant beat that centered motor). Ive got some pics of his Ax Ill post soon.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:28 AM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertato View Post
Hi Mr. rmdesignworks

You have many videos for see your Venom in action?

Thanks
I have this one>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS91x9hEk-Y and a real short one thats bad when I tried the drive and film method.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post

Thanks CreeperBob and wifey and welcome on board too
JAFO-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Default Tech Updates

In recent months I have been doing a lot of tech research on the Creeper as far as reliability, performance and part/s comparisons. Here's some of the things I've found....

The axle housings are sick....they just last better than anything else I've seen anywhere as far as "plastic" cases go. This includes the "STOCK" Plastic C-hubs and Knuckles. The aftermarket Hot Racing ALuminum parts just make things better but if everything is built right and maintained by the owner the stock parts will last a very long time. The stock steering angles you can achieve with proper set up is just outrageous.

The stock cvd's leave something to be desired but recently people have been posting more and more that the stocker's have been doing fine...(hopefully Venom got the manufacturing issues taken care of)...RC4WD XVD's are the way to go however if you just don't want to think about breakage. I am as brutal as I can be and the XVD's just keep asking for more...I cannot recommend the RC4WD XVD's enough. In fact I am in testing now for different applications of these brutes in another brand of axle.

The Stock Creeper trans has given a few people issues over being tight until broken in. Mine was perfect from day one and hasn't looked back. I have had my rig so bound up that I could literally watch my Traxxas drive shafts twisting from end to end and the tranny never even squeeks. The biggest drawbacks to the stock trans...two...the drop down design and lack of better integrated front and rear skid plate, and the difficulty of motor removal/install.

I have to say when I first saw the lower link design I wasn't too sure about them, but I have changed my mind...I like them. I do think however for the serious comp'er that single bend 30* links with a bend close to one end would work better. I straighten mine for the rear and leave them stock for the front...I only straighten the larger bend leaving the shorter bend at the axle end to create high clearance links.

Some findings about RMDW Paradox parts....am I biased? You bet! I made 'em and the freakin work. Simplicity, Application and Performance---what more could you want?

Flex Skid...ok this part is a controversey in and of itself...but that's what Paradox parts are all about. I have run one of these since I first designed them. Since I dont limit myself to one way of thinking I decided in hte last few weeks to try something different though. I made some different types of skids for the tranny from materials like Lexan and polystyrene that were designed only to protect the trans and give better slide, they didn't attach to the axle like the Flex Skid. Nope....nowhere as good as the Flex Skid. I'm putting mine back on until the new suspension parts are finished.

I've been running the Traxxas steel yokes and Long truck shafts for a few months now and they are a little loose but still going strong. The front one is in real good shape thanks to the Flex Skid.

The Vulture works well and is holding up very well to the abuse I keep throwing at it.

The Creeper Link just keeps following along wherever the rest of the rig goes and does it's job everytime.

Side Notes:
I've been trying to get the time to cut out some BTL plates so they are ready to go and I am working on a V3 Creeper Link which will be even more adjustable.
I just finished a design I've been workin on for the Tuber guys. I can already guess the reaction I'll get when I unveil it in the next few days once the Vulture production runs are under way or complete whichever comes first.

I'm still having issues with the RMDW website but I think I know what's wrong now. I worked on it and thought I had the issues resolved but it turned out to be only one issue of three. It will hopefully be up and running soon.

More info coming soon.

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 02-20-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmuthatrucker View Post
Now that is a good thread/post/topic thingy.

Shame the n00bs will probably overlook it the same way they overlook every other thread answering their questions
No - Didn't overlook this thread.

Just bought a Creeper. It arrived yesterday - but before I started building I wanted to see what I could find. Voila!

Wealth of information.

Oh... my first post.
falcon_az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:08 AM   #109

Hi mate I'm from oz and have spent months reading everything. Just wanna say thanks for all the hard work u do on here and all the top advice and tips.

I have Had my creeper for 9 months now but have more mods in the mail so I will start a build thread and wait for peoples advice. I'm from south Australia and have done a few comps but not really a professional setup in the comp scene. And there's only like ten of us.lol.

And for a while now I've been checking ur website so I can get some of ur gear but no luck as of yet. So to hear ull have it up and running soon is good news.

Thanks mate.

Last edited by green troll; 03-02-2011 at 12:12 AM.
green troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #110

Six pages full of usefull info!
Thanks RMD.....
rollerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #111

You have PM Thomas.
VWVR6_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #112
Rock Stacker

Default Underdrive/ Overdrive

Thomas, I was just wondering if you might have tried the axial underdrive yet. If so, what were your findings?
hutsontr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:40 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutsontr View Post
Thomas, I was just wondering if you might have tried the axial underdrive yet. If so, what were your findings?
Yeah I have been workin on it...ring gear and pinion are off a bit from the Creeper. Its been slow goin on this as other stuff has been goin on...including the new trans design.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:26 AM   #114
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Yeah I have been workin on it...ring gear and pinion are off a bit from the Creeper. Its been slow goin on this as other stuff has been goin on...including the new trans design.
10-4, I hear ya.
hutsontr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:54 PM   #115
RCC Addict

Been pretty absent here in the Creeper thread. Wanted to post up on behalf of RMDW and Venom. RMDWs stuff rocks and i cant bring myself to stop running Creeper axles on my scaler. I have zero problems with them and im sure others will agree that they like reliable rigs. Charge and crawl baby.

Anyways if you have any further questions post up and we'll help ya out
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Default Motor diagrams and identification of parts...

I've been wanting to post this stuff for a while now...here are good descriptive pics and a layout diagram of the internal parts of a typical DC motor that we use. I get to talking about this kind of stuff from time to time and I forget that not everyone knows the terms or the specifics of what is being talked about.

I hope this helps someone now or in the future...

Old 12-20-2011, 09:49 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

Default Long Drive shaft mod...

Long Traxxas Drive Shaft mod...for an extra long front or rear drive shaft.

I had posted this in my build thread and figured it would work in here as well.

This mod is done using Traxxas steel yokes and two male Traxxas truck shafts and one female shaft and two springs or one spring cut to length like I did.

When I did this mod I mounted both male shafts to the yokes then matched them side by side and cut them so there was about 3/16" gap between them for compression...then I cut the Yoke end off of the female shaft and slid it over both males and centered it to find out how long to make the springs.

You could replace the springs with some spare short pieces of female shaft but they will need to be a little short so the female can move during compression of the shaft.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #118
RCC Addict

Default Re: Long Drive shaft mod...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Long Traxxas Drive Shaft mod...for an extra long front or rear drive shaft.

I had posted this in my build thread and figured it would work in here as well.

This mod is done using Traxxas steel yokes and two male Traxxas truck shafts and one female shaft and two springs or one spring cut to length like I did.

When I did this mod I mounted both male shafts to the yokes then matched them side by side and cut them so there was about 3/16" gap between them for compression...then I cut the Yoke end off of the female shaft and slid it over both males and centered it to find out how long to make the springs.

You could replace the springs with some spare short pieces of female shaft but they will need to be a little short so the female can move during compression of the shaft.

think i am gonna use this for my scaler
viper6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:38 PM   #119
RCC Addict

Default Re: RMDW T's & T's & set up

im thinking of getting the parts need to do this
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #120

Default Re: RMDW T's & T's & set up

Can some one help me I doing the bec and my wires are brown red and orange out of the bec . which wire is supposed to be yellow and witch one black . Thanks in advance
razataz is offline   Reply With Quote