Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: on the Creeper wagon 2,,,sportsman/basher rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 12:00 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default on the Creeper wagon 2,,,sportsman/basher rig

Ok guys,,I decided to start this thread off with a bit of tech about what I have planned. I have more of a ROCK RACER look and feel in mind about this one...for a new series of racing I am working on here in COLORADO.

Ill post pics tomorrow but this is the plan,,,

Rooster Crawler ESC.
Steering servo still not decided.
Stock wheels.
Proline Moabs for a bit more wheel speed.
Probably 2S lipo,,,I dont think I wanna mess with 3S on this one.
Modified lower links,,all four.
Modified upper links,,all four. Rears relocated for TT. Need to relocate the fronts too cuz of the increased speed it will have.
15 tooth pinion.
Integy 55T lathe motor can with 55T armature and handwound to 45T.
No dig.
Lockers to be locked w/ JBWeld,,Ill do a full post up on the lockers when I mod them.
Full axle housing shave,,,Ill also do a full write up on that too.
Stock Chassis only for now.
Custom chassis braces,,not sure what Ill do yet.
Not sure if this one will get a FLEX SKID.
I might do full lights on this one.
Not sure on what body yet either,,,might go more scale but I may use a VULTURE chassis for this one as well which would be bad a$$ with full lights.
I do want to do an interior with a Wild Willy driver figure.
I am also leaning toward running a shorter wheel base,,,10.5" to 11" by shortening the links.

Heres the first pics guys,,,you can see the long bend has been taken out of the front and rear lower links. The fronts are turned inward to get more clearance for tires and shocks,etc. The rears are turned upward to get more ground clearnce.

The motor is installed,,55t can and armature handwound to 45t. 15t steel pinion. No dig.

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 09-06-2010 at 05:10 PM.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2010, 12:00 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Im snagging the second post for now so I can post pics too.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:18 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Can't wait to see what you come up with! Sounds awsome.
catzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Im snagging the second post for now so I can post pics too.
Now that's sneaky

Get some pics of your CVD's when you start building.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Yeah im using stock cvd's for this build and I am gonna use the micro rotary deburring bits that I got at Tool Zone to open the slot up some more,,hopefully they hold up.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:10 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

see pics in first post guys...first of many.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:03 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Ya know theres a distinct possibility this rig may go 6X6..either way I am gonna use stock knuckles and C-hubs front and rear as I might also go 4WS. This rig is gonna probably go semi scaler too.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:25 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Ya know theres a distinct possibility this rig may go 6X6..either way I am gonna use stock knuckles and C-hubs front and rear as I might also go 4WS. This rig is gonna probably go semi scaler too.
ah-ha!. like "creepermodman" posted his 6x6 creeper in the pic thread and never had a build thread. but you being you, your gonna 1 up him someway or another. I vote 6x6...dare i say 8x8
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Ive been bashing it around in my head and have decided that unless something drastic happens this rig is going 2.2 6X6 Scaler. Im gonna go for a Double Bogy rear end of sorts. I may go four link on all four axles too. We will see how the suspension works out as I build...Im gonna really be hitting it this weekend so should have some decent progress pics Sunday night or Monday.

Im also thinkin triple winches,,,one front one rear and one on the bed as a recovery platform. Full lights. Definitely lipo power probably 3S 5000mah,,,Ill take the 55T out of my comp rig and use it for the scaler and put a 45T in the 2.2 Pro rig. Im thinkin a 12t-15t pinion cuz Ill have a bit more torque as Im gonna run Moabs all the way around. Im going for a lot of flex between the lead and follow axles in the rear and a little more in the front axle. Gonna plan on makin everything water tight too. Im going for fully submersable ability.

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 09-08-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:32 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Lovin this idea!!!!!
catzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:36 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Ive been so busy getting paradox Pin Lox and foams made that I havent had any time to really do anything on the 6x6,,,which Im gonna dub the "Super Duty" or "SD" cuz Im gonna use the F650 Super Duty body (cab only) for the rig.

For the sake of clarification,,,when I talk about the axles on the SD The front axle is the front axle and the forward rear axle is the center axle and the rearward rear axle is the rear axle. FRONT, CENTER, REAR!!!

Ill be modding the center axle for pass through gearing ( 2 pinions--1 in 1 out ) (using two input halves)and the rear axle has to be flipped cuz when the pinion from the center axle turns it will be going in reverse rotation which would make the rear axle turn backwards. So the front axle and the rear axle will both have the ring gear on the left and the center axle will have the ring gear on the right.

Ill be making 3 servo winches but I am thinking Ill use 1/4 scale servos cuz of the amount of power I want from the units. i am also considering making a bed crane like some service rigs have for loading and unloading heavy objects from the bed of the rig or for working on other rigs. This service crane would be relatively small and have a fixed boom and a servo winch mechanism running through its own mast. I definitely need service lights and bed lights too. I havent really decided if I want to do a full interior or not. Im more ocncerned with over all appearance than up close looks. And this thing has to be able to crawl just about anywhere a scaler rig or most average comp rigs can go.

I will be getting htis thing moving starting tomorrow after I get home from a comp.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I DARE ya to post some pics!

This looks like a lot of fun Thomas. Can't wait to see what you come up with this time.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:56 AM   #13
I'm a retard

was just trying to help sry,,, I have noticed a few of your posts on other peoples thresd tho sooooo ya ok.....sorry anyways

have a good day

Last edited by rockhopperz; 09-20-2010 at 05:45 AM.
rockhopperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:53 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I just really dont know what to say....maybe this...thanks for posting.

EDIT: I cant believe you jacked my build thread so frickin hard bro. I mean linking to your own build would have been one thing but no,,,you filled the first page of my thread with your build. And you did not provide any useful info for me to build by. The link geometry is wrong on your rigs and the Jeep needs to go on a diet in my book,,,way too top heavy. I guess what Im saying is,,,not cool bro.

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 09-11-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:12 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

We had a local comp today,,,just a fun run comp and it was fun. But I discovered a possible problem with the COMP rig that will slow progress on the scaler. The left front C-hub was loose on the 2.2 Pro rig so I tightened it up and will keep an eye on it but I am concerned the axle housing is clowned a bit. Ill wait to proceed with the SD until at least 2 new axle cases come in. I have two comps coming up soon and want to make sure I have spare cases on hand.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:04 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Have a MOD pull the post that is not related to yours, or PM the member who posted. It is distracting, takes away from your thread. NOOBie Move Dude, post it up in Venom section. That would be the considerate thing to do.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:21 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

hey this looks pretty cool thomas, cant wait to see how it comes up. check out my build . . . got new wheels and a body on the way.

anywhoo. sounds sweet man
Chappy4o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:32 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhopperz View Post
was just trying to help sry,,, I have noticed a few of your posts on other peoples thresd tho sooooo ya ok.....sorry anyways

have a good day
Why dont you buy a star and learn some forum manners,,,,and you wont find a thread in here that isnt mine that has 8-12 of my build pics in it especially unsolicited....Im not uptight as you put it,,,I am however considerate of others' threads...one pic or two ok,,,maybe, to make a point or show something in a discussion.

and you say I didnt ask nicely,,,,the third word in my pm to you was please. I didnt send that pm until after you changed your photobucket standings and your pics all turned into unlinked text boxes.

I bashed our rigs in my thread after you dumped all of your pics in here and it wasnt anything that was helpful,,,and that was after you told someone else to fix TT with springs and oil,,,wrong. I corrected your misgivings to keep other's from being misled by incorrect information. I am aware these are just hobby trucks or toys but when some of us drop as much money as we do into them and they dont work because someone gives out bad info this hobby can get very frustrating for some people.