Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: comp worthy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default comp worthy?

do yall think the ckrc creeper is decent 4 shafty comps? im ready 2 order it..... but still second guessing it......and are the specs legal?
rybredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rybredd View Post
do yall think the ckrc creeper is decent 4 shafty comps? im ready 2 order it..... but still second guessing it......and are the specs legal?

Axial XR10 is a much better choice, if you want a shafty, the Axial AX10 is still a better choice.
There's tons of aftermarket hop ups for the Axial's.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

is the shafty class fading out other than scalers? i definitely want to start going 2 some comps......but not if im the only shafty......ive had 2 shaft drive bashers......only reason i never had a moa is because of the " crawlers dont have a v8 strapped to each axle" saying i hear a lot... guess ill do some more searching...haha

thanx 4 the reply
Old 01-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rybredd View Post
I never get tired of watching people stare as my Creeper does things that defy shafty logic...any rig for the money can be built to be Comp Worthy as the saying goes...there are some places that a Creeper just wont go that an MOA will but I havent put my Creeper against an AX/LOSI yet that will out crawl it...every rig due to weight and driver style will do better in certain areas than others...My Creeper is built to compete and has won plenty of comps and a series...so yes,,if you build it up and do the necessary mods it is comp worthy.

Track down Cruizin Illusion, Rubbneck, BigPopa or some of the other guys who have seen my rig in action and just ask them how it does in relation to the AX or LOSI

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 01-13-2011 at 05:00 PM.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #5
RCC Addict

im running my creeper very much like the rtr comp creeper from ckrc (i have the same basic parts) and i love it. althought i havent run in any comps yet (b/c there are no comps in my area) the only differents is that im not running the same electronics (im actually running better electronics acct for the battery, at least to me).

Last edited by venomcrawlerdud; 01-13-2011 at 05:19 PM.
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

i also comp with my creeper and im winning. 3 comps, 2 first, 1 second. when the axial west coast qualifer comes to longbeach wa. im going to run with my creeper. im still working out the kinks as i put a new chassis on it and running my own bta setup a month ago. like rmdw said, its all driver and how he likes his rig set up. theres things that shaftys just cant do that moas can. but thats just nature of the beast.
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:16 PM   #7

mate i got a venom creeper level C kit from ckrc crawlers and some more stuff also for a price posted to Australia and it cost me $800 and i made a custom chassis abd skid for it and it is one awesome truck. im still waiting on some more parts to turn up but one of my mates with a XR-10 came over one day and even said if he wen to sportsman class again he would build it the same as the way i have built this truck. To me that is a big thing because since i have started with crawlers i have been driving against him and we have been trying to beat eachother through all the comps. He has also been a axial guy since he started, never owned anything else but axials. I will post up a thread of the venom creeper i am building but here is a quick look

Kurt

Team KICKASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:13 PM   #8

i wouldnt take nothing for my creeper thats the only thing i will comp
taa84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

thanks guys..........nice ride kickass!