Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: 28's Creeper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 07:50 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
TT is mainly link geometry...you have the rear set up well enough but you also need to seperate the front uppers...move them to the outside of the link tabs on the axle...15mm worth of spacer/s will be needed between the tabs or two rod end balls. Heres the problem...the front axle roll center is still too close to the front axle. Also your shocks need to angle outward from the chassis to the axle mounting points...not like stock but a little. Having them so far apart at the top and almost equally spread at the axle/s makes for less outward spring response. My front shocks are almost straight up and down from the chassis to the axle but my front upper links are spread apart.

How much weight are you currently running in your front wheels? You need at least 3-4oz to help the front end settle the spring pre-loads.
Cool, I'll move the front links and see what I can do to the shocks. I do plan on moving the shocks like yours inside of the chassis for better steering.
No weight yet in any of the wheels. I plan on getting some this weekend though. I'll go with 4 in fronts to start with. Thanks..
28offroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2011, 11:02 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwscooters View Post
NICE! can you tell me where you ordered the drive shafts from, when I do a search for them they say they are for tamiya, are those the right ones? thanks Greg
Those are the right ones. They are for the Tamiya CR-01. They fit with no modifications, short in back, long in front. I bought mine from, the Toyz...
http://thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_deta...cat_name=CR-01
Old 01-29-2011, 07:11 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28offroader View Post
Those are the right ones. They are for the Tamiya CR-01. They fit with no modifications, short in back, long in front. I bought mine from, the Toyz...
http://thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_deta...cat_name=CR-01
Thanks for the info, there on the way. 7-14 days shipping cost $22.00. Should be awesome when installed.
mwscooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #24
RCC Addict

having weight in the front will help them stuck to the rocks and spreading the links apart will help as well and try to take the rear shock that is on the opposite sie of the one that is lifting and make it stiffer that will help as well but the links make the most difference
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Got my CR-01 drive shafts FINALLY! one month shipping! Went to install no set screws. Does anyone know what size set screws to use in them. Thanks
mwscooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw27x View Post
having weight in the front will help them stuck to the rocks and spreading the links apart will help as well and try to take the rear shock that is on the opposite sie of the one that is lifting and make it stiffer that will help as well but the links make the most difference

Guys as you all know I am a huge ANTI-STIFFER SPRING Protester for fixing or to decrease TT...all this does is make your suspension stiff and your rig unpredictable....link geometry is the way you fix TT,,,NOT SPRINGS AND OIL!
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Been a while since I've posted here but I'm now moving forward with getting this Creeper up to par. I don't comp but I want it to be capable as it can be whenever/wherever I do run it.
Since the last post of done a few other little things to it. Moved the front upper links and shocks, took the bend out of the rear lowers and flipped them, put on some Rover white dots and added about 4oz of weight in the front tires, rc4wd front axles, pin loxs and JB welded the diffs. All of these mods are an improvment but I'm still not where I want to be with it.
Pic of how it sits now...

My shocks leak, steering servo is crap and I hav'nt been able to get the TT down to minimum where I can live with it, so in hopes to rectify the problems, I've got parts on order.

Parts list ordered....
RMDW XRv2 chassis
RMDW BTL kit
RMDW front/rear truss kit
RMDW bec jack
Hitec 7954sh servo
Losi 4" shocks
New style venom tranny skid

Debating on whether to order the HR knuckles and c hubs. The stockers have held up great so far and having a spare from the rear lockout install I think I'm good for a while. Just wondering if they're going to become the weak link real quick once these other parts are installed though?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Default Re: 28's Creeper

if the knuckles and C's have held up well, then i would say stay with them. but the front truss kit was designed with the use of the aluminum C's. the XRv2 will definitely be worth the wait. Ive run mine for a while and i love it. along with that the BLT steering will give u more steering and allow u to bring that battery of the back and be able to mount it right on that front axle
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

If the front truss was designed around the HR aluminum c hubs then I'll just go ahead and pick those up along with the knuckles.
I do plan on moving the batt up front but I'm not sure the 2200mah battery that I have will allow for steering clearance. I'm going to look into a smaller mah.
Anybody know the max size or mah batt that'll still allow for steering clearance on the rmdw bta kit?

Old 02-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28offroader View Post
If the front truss was designed around the HR aluminum c hubs then I'll just go ahead and pick those up along with the knuckles.
I do plan on moving the batt up front but I'm not sure the 2200mah battery that I have will allow for steering clearance. I'm going to look into a smaller mah.
Anybody know the max size or mah batt that'll still allow for steering clearance on the rmdw bta kit?

The trusses will work with the stock C's youll just have to add a couple of washers to make the difference is between the HR C's and the stock plastics...but its not much.

1350's will fit
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Alright, I'll look for some 1350 mah.
Good to know the truss will work with the hubs. Probly going to still get the aluminum HR goodies, it'll be good to have the piece of mind.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

The polished links look sick , did you use oven cleaner? and the xrv2 kit is going to look cool with the links as well !! the losi shocks w white springs is what the paradox team uses on the crawlers , i havent heard of tt with these shocks . subscribed
santa cruz crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #33
RCC Addict

rigs looking good 28 welcome to the sicness
viper6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by santa cruz crawler View Post
The polished links look sick , did you use oven cleaner? and the xrv2 kit is going to look cool with the links as well !! the losi shocks w white springs is what the paradox team uses on the crawlers , i havent heard of tt with these shocks . subscribed
Thanks, I used Commercial strength Greased Lightning straight up. Did'nt care for it cause it took a long time...about 30-40 minutes soaking. I've used Industrial strength before and that works a lot better, only takes about 10-15 minutes.

I'm sure there will still be TT but hopefully at a minimum with it all set up together.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper6171 View Post
rigs looking good 28 welcome to the sicness
Thanks bro...

Old 02-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #36
RCC Addict

the tt will go away if u have ur links geo set properly/ based on some previus pics, try moving your rear link mounting holes on the chassis down some and try moving your front link mounting points on the chassis up some. front link geo will do just as much as the rear when it comes to elimating tt with link geo
Old 02-23-2012, 11:37 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomcrawlerdud View Post
the tt will go away if u have ur links geo set properly/ based on some previus pics, try moving your rear link mounting holes on the chassis down some and try moving your front link mounting points on the chassis up some. front link geo will do just as much as the rear when it comes to elimating tt with link geo
Rear uppers at the chassis are as low as they can go without modding a new mount. Same for the front upper height ... or having to shorten the links to mount in existing holes. Neither of which I want to do untill the new chassis gets here and see how it works out. I'll set the links like you described and start there.
I think my biggest problem right now are the shocks. Always leaking fluid, loosing dampning is just making them too soft.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:23 AM   #38
Quarry Creeper

mine leak also. and the top caps strip out with time , the springs are too soft , i got the ckrc stage 2 kit , the springs that it comes with seem to be much better, but i will be purchasing the losi shocks w white springs .
trial an error
santa cruz crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:37 AM   #39
RCC Addict

i bought the stage 2 kit for mine as well. i'm using the 70mm links on mine. but what i had to do to get my tt down was drill 4 new holes in the chassis. with having links that were long enough it was just as simple as figuring out where i wanted the holes to be
Old 02-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #40
Quarry Creeper

I see a lot if guys running the 70mm links but I hav'nt read where it says why it's better??