Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: 28's Creeper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #161
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 28's Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
JoJo, yeah that's what happen.. the ball spacer I put in when I switched to the xrv2 didn't have a ring around it like the traxxas ones an it sunk into the tranny plastic a little.. problem solved, new spacers an new gears.. while back.
figured thats what happened glad its workin for ya
jojo303d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 05:43 AM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28offroader View Post
Moved the rear links and the tt is better but I'm still not happy with it. Being a crawler newb and not ever been out and seen others I'm just wondering if I'm asking too much out of a shafty? I was able to get a short video of it today in action....figured you guys being able to see what was going on could tell me what's good and what's not. So any and all input on it's handling is greatly appreciated.

Video...
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...r/d247d4b2.mp4
prteey good test run ....rig looks nice.....
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28offroader View Post
Found out the problem with the btl plate. Did'nt realize the c-hubs had a left and right...(found that out in a different thread..)...and of course they're on backwards, causing the axle to be rolled back. Going to fix it after this post..

Got the pics...lmk if you guys want anything else specific...thanks in advance for the help..

just wonderring does the stock c hubs have a right and left?if so whats the difference?trying to finish mine......
Old 05-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #164
I wanna be Dave

If you look at the chubs..the screw holes arent centered...if the pinion tube of the axle is level then the chubs should lean back toward the chassis when the screw holes line up...this is positive castor...it will help when climbing...negative castor will kill you on climbs as the tires will push back when turning.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #165
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusher View Post
just wonderring does the stock c hubs have a right and left?if so whats the difference?trying to finish mine......
Yep, left and right side. I learned that the hard way. To add to what Thomas said here's the pic showing the knuckles after I corrected them.

28offroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
If you look at the chubs..the screw holes arent centered...if the pinion tube of the axle is level then the chubs should lean back toward the chassis when the screw holes line up...this is positive castor...it will help when climbing...negative castor will kill you on climbs as the tires will push back when turning.
ok thanks alot i'll check mine out...
Old 05-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #167
Quarry Creeper

Dig tranny came in but hav'nt had a chance to install it yet.
Went for a crawl today and had the day end early....Snapped a RC4WD XVD.
Not really happy about that, must have been weakend at a different time cause there was no binding that happened today.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #168
I wanna be Dave

Oh nice pic! That sucks...luckily(if you haven tried it) the stock axle shafts mesh with the xvd perfectly.. I had to change a cup end out off my xvd for a stock one..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #169
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Oh nice pic! That sucks...luckily(if you haven tried it) the stock axle shafts mesh with the xvd perfectly.. I had to change a cup end out off my xvd for a stock one..
Looks like I'll have to go back to stockers. Rc4wd does'nt have the xvd's listed on their page for the Creeper anymore. What a bummer..
Old 05-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #170
I wanna be Dave

Just the stock axle shaft, if it makes any diff.. I never had a problem with my stock ones.. I just happen to find the xvd for 28$ nip so I bought them.. wonder why they wouldn't have them posted on rc4wd or why they wouldn't have them...
Old 05-19-2012, 11:56 PM   #171
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Just the stock axle shaft, if it makes any diff.. I never had a problem with my stock ones.. I just happen to find the xvd for 28$ nip so I bought them.. wonder why they wouldn't have them posted on rc4wd or why they wouldn't have them...
I've never had a problem with the stock stub. I have broke 2 stock shafts at the same location before...but that was before having rmdw's pin lox and the cause was cause of the pin coming loose. With the stock stub or the rc4wd stub you'll still be limited in yout steering angle as the rc4wd shaft is what allows for more steering angle. I'll buy the stock shafts and see how long the hold up.
Rc4wd did have them on their site and that's were I bought my set from. They must have discontinued them Again as they don't generate enough $$ for rc4wd to keep producing them.
I've already sent them an email, I'll post what their response is..
Old 05-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #172
Quarry Creeper

I found a new in pack set of XVD's for $25.70 shipped. Snagged them up and should be running again by next weekend!
Old 05-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #173
I wanna be Dave

Great find! Was there another set available?
Old 05-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #174
Quarry Creeper

No just the 1 set from a guy selling his Creeper.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #175
I wanna be Dave

Oh well.. yeah that's how I found mine..
Old 06-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #176
Quarry Creeper

Lmao....
So much for rc4wd customer service.
I contacted them on the broken xvd ( bought new from rc4wd) and also sent a pic link to photobucket.

I got a reply asking for the pic attatched to the email.

I did so, and then they replied with "sorry, we're unable to warranty these because they were bought in December"

I replied with bummer! and then I asked if they were made anymore cause I could'nt find them on their website.

I got a response saying they we'nt made anymore but they might have a set left over. And if they did if I wanted them.

I replied yes.

Then they said to wait while they check.

I then get another email saying that they found one but it was'nt a combo pack, and asked if I wanted it then just to pay shipping.

I responded with I'll take it, and to let me know where to send the $ for shipping.

I then get a response that says don't worry about the shipping and that they'll send it for free.

I thought great, what great customer service!...., and then..

I get another email saying, Sorry, we looked again and can't find the xvd!

Wtf is that?, Lol.

I would've been fine with them saying it's out of warranty and we have discontinued the product.
But now I think I'll steer clear of rc4wd.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:35 PM   #177
I wanna be Dave

Man that sucks! I just pulled one of my xvd shafts cause I noticed a crack in it in the same spot urs broke a month ago.. had a comp Sat, so I wasn't goin to chance it.. I'm thinking the stock one hold up better... Cheaper an easier to get as well.. that sucks they ran you thru the ringer.. I haven bought anything from them to start with but I think that's all they had I ever wanted.. are you still up an running other then that? It's been a month since we got to chat last
Old 06-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #178
Quarry Creeper

We'll damn, if you would've broke the short shaft I would've sent you my good one. It's too bad there's not another option out there right now for some front cvd's.
I just had the creeper out a few days ago and busted the 3racing center driveshaft again. This time it can't be fixed. I'll have to throw the Traxxas steel yokes and driveshafts back in for now, not sure which brand I'll go with next....or what will fit with the dig installed.
Besides that it's been neglected, lol. I'm currently building a 2nd 5T and my time has been focused there.
I still hav'nt thrown in the dig tranny but I'm itching to do so. Maybe by next weekend I'll have it in abd give it a go.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:50 AM   #179
I wanna be Dave

I'll have to check on which one it was I pulled out .. I'm sure Murphy is already starting to laugh tho..... Lol..
As far as the dig goes, its nice! Just watch ur front shaft on high traction rock, I popped the front shaft off the metal yoke twice on the one course.. great on reg traction an smooth rock tho! It's nice to crawl the same lines an take the same gates as the moa rigs.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #180
Quarry Creeper

Do check...might as well have a full set running rather than a left here and right there...
I'll have to go check out your thread to see how you did the dig servo. I hav'nt bought a servo yet but am still leaning towards a mini hitec.