Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Integy 2.2 roll cage questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 08:04 PM   #1

Default Integy 2.2 roll cage questions

I am thinking about running the Integy cage on my creeper and i was wondering what material do you make the body panels out of and how do you put them on the cage? I really dont wanna drill holes in the panels and zip tie it to the cage because i want it flat on the outside with no zip ties or screw showing. Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated thank you in advance.
twacrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

the panels are generally made from lexan as its just about the most resilliant material you can use. plus you can apply paint and decals to the inside so it lasts longer. as far as attaching the panels without screws or zipties....hmmmm, good luck. most types of adhesives have been tried and failed. its next to impossible to attach panels to the frame so they dont come off in hard hits on rocks etc...without a mechanical fastener of some sort. you might be able to bend or heat the panels and make them kind of snap on to the frame but they will probably come off. if you are competing and lose a panel you can be forced to take an on or off course repair to make the rig compliant to the rules,,a 10 point penalty.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

another idea to add on to rdmw's, is like he was saying heat and form the lexan to bend around the cage. then leave some extra, drill a hole on the inside (part wraped around) and zip tie in some not so noticeable places...
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

For my creeper panels I went to walmart and bought a cheap plastic binder.. Cut the side panels out and attached with zip ties.. I know you dont want to use zip ties but I am just recommending the binder as it is similar to lexan but you have a bit of color choices.

I am posting a thread with pics of my creeper shortly..

Goodluck with finding a way to mount the panels. Let me know if you find something
rcguy is offline   Reply With Quote