Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Finally got it mostly together!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2011, 07:28 PM   #101
RCC Addict

the thing looks nice bro, good work
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2011, 07:39 PM   #102
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomcrawlerdud View Post
the thing looks nice bro, good work

Thanks alot-The Creeper is by far my favorite truck My poor Tmaxx is covered in dust and the Losi race truck hasnt seen the light of day in a year!
I hope to find the stuff that Creeperbob used to remove his anodizing- Think he said red devil lye? I gotta ditch all the different colors but I sure like all the Paradox parts I've got now and a special thanks to Bob for the chassis!
bluenosegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:00 PM   #103
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenosegoat View Post
Thanks alot-The Creeper is by far my favorite truck My poor Tmaxx is covered in dust and the Losi race truck hasnt seen the light of day in a year!
I hope to find the stuff that Creeperbob used to remove his anodizing- Think he said red devil lye? I gotta ditch all the different colors but I sure like all the Paradox parts I've got now and a special thanks to Bob for the chassis!
whats your losi race truck?
Old 10-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #104
Pebble Pounder

Its old school- I really cant remember the exact name of it but its when Losi came out with the hydra drive slipper clutch. I got the truck back in the early 90's but I've still found parts for it and its still competiive- 3 yrs ago I raced it here at srs speedway and took 2nd in stock 2wd truck. Funny because only maybe 3 people there had any idea of what it was- needless to say they had grey hair also! lol. Its a keeper if for nothing but nostalgia- sits in the closet with my losi XXT- the old 4 link race truck. Here's a pic- I stil have near new race tires too! Maybe someday it'll come back to race again.
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #105
Yashua

Quote:
Got the chassis on today. I am liking the way the truck looks and cant wait to get it out on the rocks. I used stock lower links for the rear uppers and had to shorten up some old rear lowers I had made for the front uppers but all seems to be working good on the bench. My only concern is I'm going to have to be more careful when the truck tumbles with the steering servo so exposed and the same with the rear shocks. Might just be my imagination but the trucks overall weight seems to be a bit less. Also plan to take all the anodizing off and do some trim work on the BTL plate since I dont run my battery up front and it gets caught up on the rocks at times, but makes a convienent place to experiment with weight.
WOW , YOUR QUICK , LOOKS GREAT MAN, NOW FOR THE TUNING.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #106
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
WOW , YOUR QUICK , LOOKS GREAT MAN, NOW FOR THE TUNING.

Ya I just couldnt let it sit there on the table! It started talking to me! I have it set now relatively close to my set up with the stock chassis but of course I was able to put the links where I'd really like them so we"ll see how she does now. I might run to Ace today and see if they carry the Lye to remove the anodizing or just wait till I get some runs in. I might have to make other links? I sure am glad to be bodiless now! I do have a new body from my spare parts kit though- sure to be used some day. I will post some video of the new rig asap! Thanks all you guys on the forum for all the help!
O and one thing I did recently that Crawlerdad recommended was to vent my tires better and run stiffer foams in the rear. The last outing proved this is a great set up- lets the front dig in better and the rear to slip a little to help avoid roll overs. No dig yet but this was a major improvement on really steep inclines and ledges.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #107
Yashua

Quote:
ya i just couldnt let it sit there on the table! It started talking to me! I have it set now relatively close to my set up with the stock chassis but of course i was able to put the links where i'd really like them so we"ll see how she does now. I might run to ace today and see if they carry the lye to remove the anodizing or just wait till i get some runs in. I might have to make other links? I sure am glad to be bodiless now! I do have a new body from my spare parts kit though- sure to be used some day. I will post some video of the new rig asap! Thanks all you guys on the forum for all the help!
O and one thing i did recently that crawlerdad recommended was to vent my tires better and run stiffer foams in the rear. The last outing proved this is a great set up- lets the front dig in better and the rear to slip a little to help avoid roll overs. No dig yet but this was a major improvement on really steep inclines and ledges.
glad its working, i like the foams rmdw has, they're double skinny foams side by side and work really well. They allow one side of the tire to collapse and the other side to remain tall.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #108
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
glad its working, i like the foams rmdw has, they're double skinny foams side by side and work really well. They allow one side of the tire to collapse and the other side to remain tall.

Wow thats a great idea! Leave it to Thomas huh! But i really like the dual stage foams in the rear and the stock rover foams in the front- dealing with whats on hand ya know. The side by side foams are a great idea though- just another thing to tinker with! I do like the stiffer rears though, acts like a dig in some spots. I might get the new rig out tomorrow to papago...... Its callin.....
Old 10-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #109
RCC Addict

Quote:
Its old school- I really cant remember the exact name of it but its when Losi came out with the hydra drive slipper clutch. I got the truck back in the early 90's but I've still found parts for it and its still competiive- 3 yrs ago I raced it here at srs speedway and took 2nd in stock 2wd truck. Funny because only maybe 3 people there had any idea of what it was- needless to say they had grey hair also! lol. Its a keeper if for nothing but nostalgia- sits in the closet with my losi XXT- the old 4 link race truck. Here's a pic- I stil have near new race tires too! Maybe someday it'll come back to race again.
dang thought it was a fairly resent one. was thinking of making an offer on it, cus ive been looking for a good off road racer for my local track. but u said u want to keep it so w.e. think looks great for how old it must be.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #110
Pebble Pounder

Did not get the chance to run the new chassis but did get rid of the anodizing. Looking pretty good I think! The red devil lye worked really well, so much better than oven cleaner- Thanks Creeperbob!
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2011, 06:55 AM   #111
Pebble Pounder

I have missed all the comps so far this season dealing with family issues and I have only had the chance to run the new chassis for a couple packs but so far I'm liking it alot. Had to get the front upper links higher on the chassis to help with the TT and its doing better. Biggest problem now is the shocks. Think I need some Losi shocks or steal some from MR Tmaxx. The stock shocks are just to long and I cant get the ride height I want. I took a couple pics out of a video to show but they dont seem to be loading correctly? I will get some more maybe today- think I can talk my 6yr old daughter into a quick trip to the park.
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2011, 12:19 AM   #112
Pebble Pounder

So I got one pic today- my daughter took up all my time flippin the jeep over! So cool that she is starting to understand Dads passion! "Try to follow me dad" 3s on a 27turn ! ya right the creeper is a creeeper!

Made the roof panel from an old storage container lid and what I call a "hood" from my old stock lexan body.

The 2200 mah 3s have to go. My buddys losi is out doin me when I dont run the pack on the front axle but its just to long for the steering throw that the creeoer has.-- Maybe steal some of his batteries from Dlux? nice 1800mah that are really small??????
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2011, 06:02 AM   #113
Yashua

Quote:
so i got one pic today- my daughter took up all my time flippin the jeep over! So cool that she is starting to understand dads passion! "try to follow me dad" 3s on a 27turn ! Ya right the creeper is a creeeper!

Made the roof panel from an old storage container lid and what i call a "hood" from my old stock lexan body.

The 2200 mah 3s have to go. My buddys losi is out doin me when i dont run the pack on the front axle but its just to long for the steering throw that the creeoer has.-- maybe steal some of his batteries from dlux? Nice 1800mah that are really small??????

looking good micheal, yeah a smaller pack works better with the creepers steering. I use e flite 1250 mah 2s and can run 3 courses with them and they are preety small.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:13 AM   #114
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Finally got it mostly together!

So its been a long while since I posted on my Creeper. Fractured my ankle in four different places in December but I'm walking again now- slowly-very slowly but able to get the rig out. Got some losi shocks on her and got some 3s 1300 lipos and the truck is running really well. Cant believe how much better it is with the losi shocks- finally able to get the ride height I wanted and they are so much smoother than stock. The smaller lipos fit much better up front compared to my 2200's and still give me about 45 mins run time per pack. After reading some on Creeperbobs thread I got my front steering knuckles to a slightly negative angle and it really helps out with the torque twist and makes it "feel" more stable. I hope to make it to a comp soon- the truck is ready, am I?

This is a quick clip from yesterday- we crawled for four hours but I forgot to take more video-to much fun driving again!
http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/...=3-12-2012.mp4

Last edited by bluenosegoat; 03-13-2012 at 02:31 AM.
Old 12-26-2021, 07:13 AM   #115
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Finally got it mostly together!

So it's been almost ten years since my last post on the creeper. It's still running strong after 7 years in storage. Have an axial clone trans with dig on the way. Sure wish they'd bring this truck back. I had a another still in the box ( when it was 100 bucks) but seems to have disappeared? Ran two packs Christmas day and what fun, hooked all over again!

Sent from my LGL455DL using Tapatalk