Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Joywrex's Creeper Build (First RC ever)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Shopping for shocks

These:
http://prolineracing.com/performance...cks-90mm-95mm/
or these:
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB1439
joywrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #62
RCC Addict

i run the losi 4" shocks. they run great. most os the people that has a creeper run these shocks and when u get them dialed in right they work perfect.
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:07 AM   #63
Rock Crawler

I'm going to spread out the rear links but for the front links I was thinking of using the shaft from the rear lockouts i took off to extend them. I could use washers and connect it to the large pill shaped holes on the chassis plates like so:

Thoughts?
Old 06-12-2011, 05:06 PM   #64
Pebble Pounder

extending them should work fine, i did the same but drilled a new hole just past the last link mount hole( see pics of crkc stage 2 setup on there site) you could also fab up some cheap links, i used solid 1/4 aluminum but you can also use 1/4 brake line over some 6/32 or 8/32 all thread with some traxxas rod ends.
it won't hurt to spread the fronts out to either side of the original mouting points with a spacer in between. that plus raising and spreading the rear links will get rid of a lot of TT.
good luck!

Last edited by floundern45rc; 06-12-2011 at 05:08 PM.
floundern45rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #65
Rock Crawler

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Klown View Post
I started with a 3600mah NiMH battery, for me it worked laying it across the rear axle. Later I was given a lipo charger and then bought a 1300mah 2s battery off of a guy on this forums. This worked very well on the right side of the front axle, so much that I bought 2 more. On my dad's I put a 1300mah 3s between the chassis and the tranny on the left side.
I want a 3s but I have the rooster crawler esc. It says no more than 2s. I have read in the forums that people have used a 3s fine. How risky do you think this is? Does the 6v bec help reduce the risk at all?

Also, what gains do you get from running more cells?
Old 06-24-2011, 08:40 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

Default Creeper dig unit or other?

Are there better dig units for the creeper than the venom one? Or is that just what everyone gets?
Old 06-24-2011, 09:14 PM   #67
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joywrex View Post
I want a 3s but I have the rooster crawler esc. It says no more than 2s. I have read in the forums that people have used a 3s fine. How risky do you think this is? Does the 6v bec help reduce the risk at all?

Also, what gains do you get from running more cells?
in this chase the bec doesnt really come into play when your talking about voltage to power the esc. yes the bec will reduce the voltage to what u have it set at for the servo put it has nothing to do with the amount of voltage going to the esc. what a lot of people do in this case (im also going this route) is when u go lipo get the novak 3c lipo cutoff switch. it will dramadicly reduce the risk of smoking the esc. from the sounds of it (again i havent gone lipo yet but from the sounds of peoples explantions) this switch will reduce power input to the esc when it feels that the esc is under extrem stress to keep from smoking the esc, witch intern will keep the risk at a lower rate.

Last edited by venomcrawlerdud; 06-24-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:19 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Quote:
Are there better dig units for the creeper than the venom one? Or is that just what everyone gets?
unforcantly that is the only dig unit u can get for a venom creeper trans. im shure with some carful mods u can fit a different one on there but most people go with the venom cus it is just a direct built on.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

Just ordered some white dot rovers and dual disk foams.

I lengthened the front upper links by using some washers. Easy peasy.

Now one of my creeper shocks is leaking a little. Does anyone know what the stock creeper shock oil wht is?

I also ordered the paradox rear link/batt plate part. I hope it comes soon. If only I knew other people who crawl...
Old 06-24-2011, 09:48 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

vents yay

Old 06-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #71
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomcrawlerdud View Post
in this chase the bec doesnt really come into play when your talking about voltage to power the esc. yes the bec will reduce the voltage to what u have it set at for the servo put it has nothing to do with the amount of voltage going to the esc. what a lot of people do in this case (im also going this route) is when u go lipo get the novak 3c lipo cutoff switch. it will dramadicly reduce the risk of smoking the esc. from the sounds of it (again i havent gone lipo yet but from the sounds of peoples explantions) this switch will reduce power input to the esc when it feels that the esc is under extrem stress to keep from smoking the esc, witch intern will keep the risk at a lower rate.
Oh u mean this?:
http://www.zno-rc.com/pages/products...o_cut-off.html
Old 06-25-2011, 06:42 AM   #72
RCC Addict

yup, alot of people use it when running a novak rooster crawler esc and a 3c lipo.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:54 PM   #73
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomcrawlerdud View Post
yup, alot of people use it when running a novak rooster crawler esc and a 3c lipo.
Cool. More money though. Is there any other way to determine that you should stop and charge the battery? For even cheaper?
Old 06-30-2011, 04:16 AM   #74
Rock Stacker

Quote:

what vcdud has said is wrong.

most people use a external bec (eg: castle creations) when using 3s with the rooster crawler, this takes a bit of the power strain away from the esc to try not to "smoke" it, not letting servo's pull heaps of power through as well as your motor.
a 3s pack fully charged is over 12 volts.

the rooster only has a low voltage cutoff for a 2s lipo as far as i know.

what the novak smart stop does is stop a 3s lipo from being drained beyond its lowest safe voltage, something like 3 volts per cell = 9 volts ish .therefore not "smoking" your BATTERY packs or seriously damaging them

to answer the question, yes you can get much cheaper ones, that have lights and sound buzzers when the low voltage is reached. obviously made in china, but what isnt. They are about $3 or $4.

hope that helps you understand a bit more. anyone else feel free to chime in if i am any way off track.

edit, just search for low voltage buzzer on google or ebay

Last edited by granborismo; 06-30-2011 at 04:21 AM.
granborismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #75
Rock Crawler

Ok I understand. I already have a BEC for the servo so that should put less strain on the ESC. In order to not damage a 3s lipo i get I will buy one of the cheap low voltage units. Thanks VCDUD and granborismo!
Old 06-30-2011, 01:20 PM   #76
Rock Crawler

Default star cutting foams?

So I have my new rovers with stock dual disk foams. Should i do star cuts in the outer foams? I can't see how that would help very much...
Old 06-30-2011, 04:24 PM   #77
RCC Addict

looks good just make sure that u keep the pinion angle of the steering knuckle straight up and down or clocked back some
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:05 PM   #78

this thread has help me alot expecially the first page on assembly because i dont have a manual
speed king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed king View Post
this thread has help me alot expecially the first page on assembly because i dont have a manual
I'm glad it helped you.

Here is the instruction manual.

http://www.venom-group.com/mmVENOMGR...ction%20V2.pdf

If possible, install the motor before the battery tray! It's a pain to do it after.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #80

thank you for the hint ill try to do that
speed king is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3d print, build, creeper, step by step, venom