Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: dig unit help!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #1

Unhappy dig unit help!!!!

when i go out and craw its fine then when i installed the dig unit and try to crawl then the gears slip and when they dont my gears make a weird sound . so i dont know whats going on because its fine without it but when i instaled it its doing all theses weird things this is my second time intalling it and i lubed it really good and its still making all these problems
green venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Have you installed and set it correctly as per the instructions? Do you have a proper radio with EPA and 3 position 3rd channel?
Maxx_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

flip the dig fork 180 degrees i had the same problem
jojo303d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #4

yea i have the radio for it its the stock one that came off the 2 stage setup and what do you mean about the fort 180 degrees i dont understand sorry
Old 08-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by green venom View Post
yea i have the radio for it its the stock one that came off the 2 stage setup and what do you mean about the fort 180 degrees i dont understand sorry
The shift fork is designed to only work one way when installed...make sure its right.
Attached Images

rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #6

Question ok well

well i got it installed correctly but when i got it installed and was running it the gears where slipping really bad but i installed it right i looked at it so many times its so weird idk wat it is
here this is what my crawler looks like your the firt people to see it just go to this link
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...83ecc69&type=1

Last edited by green venom; 08-03-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
well i got it installed correctly but when i got it installed and was running it the gears where slipping really bad but i installed it right i looked at it so many times its so weird idk wat it is
here this is what my crawler looks like your the firt people to see it just go to this link
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...83ecc69&type=1
RIg looks good but the pics dont help at all to solve your issue. My next best guess is this...your ridg servo isnt set right and the dig isnt engaging properly...the dig lock ring has to engage the main gear and the rear output gear evenly to keep the gears from slipping so Id say its either stopping too far on the main gear or the rear output gear and that allows it to slip...in order for the dig function to work to dig lock ring has to evenly engage the rear output gear and the molded lock inside the end of the dig housing this locks the rear axle while the front can turn...for front dig freewheel the dig lock ring has to center on the rear output gear only.

Check the trim and EPA settings on your radio for hte 3rd channel....adjust the servo settings and maybe adjust the servo itself until the dig works properly.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:26 PM   #8

Question

Ok well is it able to take a lot of tork because i ran the dig on carpet and the gears slipped and when i run it on the hard florr it worked so is it supposed to take that much or is this normal?
Old 08-03-2011, 11:47 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Not normal at all it can take as much torque you can give it
jojo303d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:48 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ok well is it able to take a lot of tork because i ran the dig on carpet and the gears slipped and when i run it on the hard florr it worked so is it supposed to take that much or is this normal?
make sure your drive shafts are tight too...but check the servo