Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: noobie looking for setup advice...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 12:14 PM   #1

Default noobie looking for setup advice...

So I'm getting a venom creeper for the holidays. Looking to get this thing running cheaply but reliably.

I'm looking to get an ezrun 35a esc from hobbypartz. But the motor i am little lost on. From reading posts on here, I don't want the ezrun combo. I should get an outrunner motor. No idea what size or anything though.

I am going to get a traxxas waterproof servo for the steering and the ezrun 35a esc. I think 3s lipo is where I need to be. So really just need insight on what motor to get. I want something that will give me good run time and not have to worry about it overheating. I'd also like to keep it semi waterproof. I'm strictly bashing in the rock piles at my house. No comps or anything. I'm also looking to stay dirt cheap. in the future I will do upgrades. but for now, I just want to get up and running.
crudeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #2

Holmeshobbies.com sells a drop in outrunner, Renegade, I think. It is a drop in replacement (a lot of outrunners have different bolt pattern and shaft size) and is suppose to be good stuff.
I have a an integy 55t brushed motor that works pretty good on 3s, but I really want to put this motor in.
Look in the vendor section, they have a whole thread on this motor
troyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crudeau View Post
So I'm getting a venom creeper for the holidays. Looking to get this thing running cheaply but reliably.

I'm looking to get an ezrun 35a esc from hobbypartz. But the motor i am little lost on. From reading posts on here, I don't want the ezrun combo. I should get an outrunner motor. No idea what size or anything though.

I am going to get a traxxas waterproof servo for the steering and the ezrun 35a esc. I think 3s lipo is where I need to be. So really just need insight on what motor to get. I want something that will give me good run time and not have to worry about it overheating. I'd also like to keep it semi waterproof. I'm strictly bashing in the rock piles at my house. No comps or anything. I'm also looking to stay dirt cheap. in the future I will do upgrades. but for now, I just want to get up and running.

for a full lipo setup i would go to VALUEHOBBY.COM. i got my whole lipo setup there for under $100. if i may sugest getting a NOVAK ROOSTER CRAWLER esc and a TERRA CLAW 55T combo for a $110 from towerhobbies. this is a great esc that will NOT burn up any motor or your gearbox. this esc is also waterprofe so u dont need to worrie about that and bruched motors usually dont have any problems when they get water in them just as long as u blow them out when your done playing. your servo sounds to be a good servo for a starter. i would get a CASTLE CREATIONS B.E.C. unit to give that servo more torgue for crawling.

this should get u started for a reasonble price. good luck and happy crawling
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote