Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Is there an aluminum arm for the dig?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Is there an aluminum arm for the dig?

I just finished a project I was working on forever. I took the Creeper tuber I just got finished with out to run around in the snow and I only have 2WD. I snapped the plastic arm on the dig. It's the arm that the link connects to from the servo.

I have a servo saver on the servo it's self and that arm is part of the servo saver built into the dig. I set the end points on my Tx and thought it should be good to go.

I want to find an aluminum replacement so I don't have this happen again.
Mutant_Xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Is there an aluminum arm for the dig?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant_Xj View Post
I just finished a project I was working on forever. I took the Creeper tuber I just got finished with out to run around in the snow and I only have 2WD. I snapped the plastic arm on the dig. It's the arm that the link connects to from the servo.

I have a servo saver on the servo it's self and that arm is part of the servo saver built into the dig. I set the end points on my Tx and thought it should be good to go.

I want to find an aluminum replacement so I don't have this happen again.
There isn't any aftermarket part for the bell crank...just remove it and put on a direct linkage from the servo horn to the dig slide shaft...that's how mine worked. I never used the bell crank.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:45 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Well the snow would have made the plastic brittle. If this happens again, there might be something wrong with your settings or the dig itself. You know that the dig is not supposed to be worked under power or when moving right? Maybe loosen up the savers some might help also.
Maxx_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I know the dig isn't supposed to be worked under power but if the digs not lined up just right you can't go from open to 4wd unless you drive. I already have the servo mounted so it's uses the bellcrank. I also have the end points setup so the servo doesn't make any noise when it's locked or in 4wd. I think it was just the poor plastic Venom uses and the fact that the bell crank is so tiny.
Mutant_Xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I used a 200oz/in standard size Spektrum servo for mine and ran it under power all of the time...the direct linkage works great and with a servo saver on it shouldnt have any issues....mine didnt and I used a stock plastic servo horn on the Spektrum servo. I only had mine set up for 4x4 and rear lock though. Just never had a time when I wanted or needed the rear wheels free. Im not sure as to the type of plastic the bell crank is made from but the rest of the plastic parts like the axles etc are as good as any other brand. Im not real keen on the wheel's plastic as it seems soft and the bell crank may be made from the same.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Plastic & cold do NOT mix. A bind that may bend the plastic a bit when warm will likely break it when cold. It may only take a few minutes outside (depending on temperature) to make most plastic brittle.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

like this.....

Is there an aluminum arm for the dig? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MRC Hitec Aluminum Servo Arm cublime Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 6 08-26-2009 03:29 PM
aluminum servo arm help broncoholic Tamiya Clod Buster 2 04-12-2007 07:50 PM
aluminum servo arm kwj48 Electronics 1 02-10-2005 05:54 PM