Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Masonis1's project creeper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #81
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Masonis1's project creeper

you do see the battery tray their but i grinded the top sides that bolt in the tray is their to hold my electronics..
Volture'Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #82
Rock Crawler

So drove my truck front wheel drive only, got through my course, gunna have to make it harder. Got some really large stone for the course, i have everything coming in. So should have this thing going soon.
masonis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #83
Rock Crawler

so i got a problem now... my sv2 burned up on my rc10 and included the lipo in the mess. so now i dont have much to run with the truck. i might use my big battery in the front axle but idk. also, which lipo would you get? remember, these are going to be used in an rc10, mini revo, and the crawler.
HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : Turnigy nano-tech 1300mAh 3S 45~90C Lipo Pack
or
HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : Turnigy 1300mAh 3S 30C Lipo Pack
or to be lazy cuz i have trx connectors,
HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : Turnigy nano-tech 1400mah 3S 40~80C Lipo Pack (TRA2823 Traxxas 1/16 models)
ive heard good things about the nano techs.

OH! well ever since my first lipo incedient. my mom has been scared to death of them. hah well, should i try a life pack or would that be bad...?
Old 03-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #84
RCC Addict

first of all you will never be able to run a rc10 mini revo and crawler on the same battery. you will have to small of run time on the rc10 and mini revo, when u want to get a good battery for your crawler and u will never get a good battery for a crawler if u want run time for the rc10 and mini revo. get to batterys. a 5000mah for rc10 and mini revo and a smaller one for your crawler.

i have a sc10 that i run an onyx 5000mah 2s 25c lipo, a hpi sprint 2 that i run in a spec toruing class which i have to run a venom 4000mah 2s 20c battery and then i have 2 1300mah 3s 40c lipos for my crawler. your bettery off getting one bigger mah and one smaller mah battery. bigger for run time and smaller for crawling
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #85
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomcrawlerdud View Post
first of all you will never be able to run a rc10 mini revo and crawler on the same battery. you will have to small of run time on the rc10 and mini revo, when u want to get a good battery for your crawler and u will never get a good battery for a crawler if u want run time for the rc10 and mini revo. get to batterys. a 5000mah for rc10 and mini revo and a smaller one for your crawler.

i have a sc10 that i run an onyx 5000mah 2s 25c lipo, a hpi sprint 2 that i run in a spec toruing class which i have to run a venom 4000mah 2s 20c battery and then i have 2 1300mah 3s 40c lipos for my crawler. your bettery off getting one bigger mah and one smaller mah battery. bigger for run time and smaller for crawling
well the largest battery i found to fit the rc10 is a 1600mah 3s. the battery box is about 96mm long, 40mm wide, the mini is about the same, not as wide. i was using the same battery for those two for a while. not really looking for run time. the crawler, what size should i get, 800mah- maybe 1500mah? idk.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

well spray painting the plates to go on the upper links. primered, purple/gold flaked sparkle coat, then im using the mesh grill from my old xbox 360 to add a checkered pattern in another color, unsure at the moment. should look good.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #87
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonis1 View Post
well the largest battery i found to fit the rc10 is a 1600mah 3s. the battery box is about 96mm long, 40mm wide, the mini is about the same, not as wide. i was using the same battery for those two for a while. not really looking for run time. the crawler, what size should i get, 800mah- maybe 1500mah? idk.
The battery box on an RC10 should fit a standard 6 cell size pack. Venom makes a 50C 5000 mAh pack that is the standard size. Don't know where you are looking. I got my 800mAh batteries for my comp rig from Value hobby. Google them or look in my build thread. $6 a piece, I have 10 of them... enough for me and my sons, just sayin.

ESC fires, can't control that. As for the Lipo's, that's a different story. I'm 36. If I burn my house down due to a lipo fire, I have to handle it. Do your parents a favor, GET A LIPO CHARGING SACK! It is made to shrink around the battery at the temp when a fire occurs. It cuts off oxygen to the fire, snuffing it out. It is going to smoke like hell, but not flame up. The owner of my LHS burnt her house down due to a lipo fire. Don't play with it. And have a dry chemical fire extinguisher on hand. With that knowledge you shouldn't have to be scared of lipo's. my .02
lead lobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #88
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lead lobber View Post
The battery box on an RC10 should fit a standard 6 cell size pack. Venom makes a 50C 5000 mAh pack that is the standard size. Don't know where you are looking. I got my 800mAh batteries for my comp rig from Value hobby. Google them or look in my build thread. $6 a piece, I have 10 of them... enough for me and my sons, just sayin.

ESC fires, can't control that. As for the Lipo's, that's a different story. I'm 36. If I burn my house down due to a lipo fire, I have to handle it. Do your parents a favor, GET A LIPO CHARGING SACK! It is made to shrink around the battery at the temp when a fire occurs. It cuts off oxygen to the fire, snuffing it out. It is going to smoke like hell, but not flame up. The owner of my LHS burnt her house down due to a lipo fire. Don't play with it. And have a dry chemical fire extinguisher on hand. With that knowledge you shouldn't have to be scared of lipo's. my .02
I will have to check out value hobby for lipos. Oh my rc10 is not standard in anyway, i have it setup where the tranny is backwards, the motor/esc are closer to center for better handling. I saw a major improvement today before the esc smoked. Esc fires they arent worried about because i run them outside, lipos, i have a dynamite lipo charging bag. I think its kevlar. But i have everything to prevent a fire in a house but still. Also, i think what happened was the lvc on the sv2 that smoked was set at 3v, i cant really tell but for some damn reason, when i was switching over to brushless again the field card seemed to be on 3 instead of normally 3.4 could that cause the pop, smoke, puff?
Old 03-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #89
Rock Crawler

Probably already answered in another thread but whats a good c rating
Old 03-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Hey, I just ordered the Metal yokes an long shafts as well. 29.00 give or take some pennies. Saved a 1.50 on shipping ordering 2 sets of yokes, the 4 we need.... So ya the price you got was good. It was the cheapest I could find the yokes, the extra 1.50 of shipping was just a bonus at check out. Builds looking great! I would start a thread as well, but there is no reason for a thread when I can't figure out how to put pics on with my phone?
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #91
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Hey, I just ordered the Metal yokes an long shafts as well. 29.00 give or take some pennies. Saved a 1.50 on shipping ordering 2 sets of yokes, the 4 we need.... So ya the price you got was good. It was the cheapest I could find the yokes, the extra 1.50 of shipping was just a bonus at check out. Builds looking great! I would start a thread as well, but there is no reason for a thread when I can't figure out how to put pics on with my phone?
Sounds good. Well i may be down for a while or atleast not running 100% without my lipos. I hate burning em up. The ironic thing is... Yesterday i literally purposely blew up 2 of my lipos, one was a little puffed and had some problems when accelerating, didnt want to burn up a car like harley, then the other i had from a long time ago i left connected to my esc for a couple weeks and killed it. I literally shot them with bb guns, hit them with naily boards and blew em up, then this happens.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:16 AM   #92
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I would start a thread as well, but there is no reason for a thread when I can't figure out how to put pics on with my phone?
I use photobucket, it's free to use. They also have an app that uploads pics directly from your phone and then will give an img code to copy then paste into a thread.
28offroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:47 AM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Really! Cool.. any idea on the name of the app or a search word for it? 28 , I just got off ur build, the new parts look great! I'm still down the hubs An c's, plus paradox parts, building slow an getting parts collected. Losi shocks an traxxas metal yokes an shafts on there way!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:22 AM   #94
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Really! Cool.. any idea on the name of the app or a search word for it? 28 , I just got off ur build, the new parts look great! I'm still down the hubs An c's, plus paradox parts, building slow an getting parts collected. Losi shocks an traxxas metal yokes an shafts on there way!
Look up photobucket on your app store.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonis1 View Post
Probably already answered in another thread but whats a good c rating
Generally the higher C rating the higher the discharge rate. But total output is figured out by the c rating and mah.... which I'm not going to get into right now, lol. But for the small mah these trucks use I'd like to have at least a 30 rating.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #96
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28offroader View Post
Generally the higher C rating the higher the discharge rate. But total output is figured out by the c rating and mah.... which I'm not going to get into right now, lol. But for the small mah these trucks use I'd like to have at least a 30 rating.
Ok. I was making sure so i dont get a 25c or something. Im thinking about a 45_90 c on my crawler with a 1300mah
Old 03-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #97
RCC Addict

a 3s 40c is MORE than enought to get u going. if u want to go any bigger than 40c than u better expect to write a damn good size check
Old 03-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #98
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomcrawlerdud View Post
a 3s 40c is MORE than enought to get u going. if u want to go any bigger than 40c than u better expect to write a damn good size check
The nano techs are 12 bucks for 45-90c
Old 03-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #99
RCC Addict

does it say what its max burst is and its current discharge rate for that 40-90c battery?
Old 03-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper

I agree 40c is more then you'll need...but the larger the c, the larger the battery wires....makes putting connections on a pain.

Masonis1's project creeper - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
project creeper santa cruz crawler Venom Creeper 218 08-19-2012 09:40 AM
adale4130's creeper scaler project adale4130 Venom Creeper 13 06-19-2010 08:50 AM
Project C-10 Creeper brianw 2.2 Scale Rigs 0 04-08-2010 01:00 PM
Project Creeper mastathug0 Venom Creeper 13 01-16-2010 09:40 PM
project creeper input wanted badtodabone General Crawlers 16 07-30-2004 02:47 PM