Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Masonis1's project creeper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #101
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomcrawlerdud View Post
does it say what its max burst is and its current discharge rate for that 40-90c battery?
Burst is 90c and constant is 40.
masonis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #102
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28offroader View Post
I agree 40c is more then you'll need...but the larger the c, the larger the battery wires....makes putting connections on a pain.
I think they are 10gauge or something.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #103
Rock Crawler

A picture says soo much. Got the traxxas yokes, and its almost ready to run. I need to let the locktite dry a bit then going to test in the dark. I cant wait to run this.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #104
Rock Crawler

Ok... I just tested it, wow, got through stuff i couldnt believe. Now the tires seem to bunch up and lock up underrocks. Should i use the foams that came with the rovers?
Old 03-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Masonis1's project creeper

Hey mason, still rubbing when you turn? I have read a lot of threads.. the best an most said idea is the link should be between the tabs an ur shocks closest to the center, inside the links.. have you tried that to get rid of rubbing ur tires? Just a thought from seeing ur pic.. still waiting for my traxxas shafts to show, :( losi shocks got here today tho!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #106
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Hey mason, still rubbing when you turn? I have read a lot of threads.. the best an most said idea is the link should be between the tabs an ur shocks closest to the center, inside the links.. have you tried that to get rid of rubbing ur tires? Just a thought from seeing ur pic.. still waiting for my traxxas shafts to show, :( losi shocks got here today tho!
No rubbing. Its perfect. At the moment. I just have problems because i have a big 6cell nimh on the front axle and no lipo.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Ok cool.. I just barely miss an I have my shocks between the tabs an my links in towards center. I just haven changed it cause I was waiting for my new shocks.. there here now! An yeah my problem also is the 6cell bats.. but I have a pile of them! An I'm spending my money else where first.. finding a charger will be before the lipos them selves.. I want a good multi bat charger then pick up a lipo here an there..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #108
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Ok cool.. I just barely miss an I have my shocks between the tabs an my links in towards center. I just haven changed it cause I was waiting for my new shocks.. there here now! An yeah my problem also is the 6cell bats.. but I have a pile of them! An I'm spending my money else where first.. finding a charger will be before the lipos them selves.. I want a good multi bat charger then pick up a lipo here an there..
sounds like a plan
Old 03-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #109
Rock Crawler

ok, new video coming soon.
i know it should be in the wraith section but im outting it here because some of my creeper parts are on there. hah nothing much tho. this is my friend tommys crawler. i wasnt able to be there to record it so its kinda bad, i did my best to make it ok with editing. let me know when its up.

Last edited by masonis1; 03-05-2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 03-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #110
Rock Crawler

Ok couple things. Video is up on my youtube. Youtube.com/masonis1 now back to the creeper

Plates have been painted. Looks good
Old 03-06-2012, 06:20 AM   #111
Rock Crawler

Today, going to mount the plates to the upper links after drilling holes for the wire ties im using. I tried running the big battery in a couple places, on the rear upper links, couldnt crawl up hills, on the front axle, pushed the wheels flat and was harder than hell to turn, i dont know where to mount it. To test i will just put in front.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #112
Rock Crawler

Ok. Sorry if i ask too many questions that have been answered before. My next question is something im going to go search. But if i cant find an answer, here it is. Should i run the stock creeper foams with the rovers? They seem really soft up front with the weights too. The tires are flattening out a lot. But other than that, the truck is working good. I need te be able to steer more tho. Seems like with the rovers, the truck seems to just go straight when trying to turn.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #113
Quarry Creeper

The stock foams are better foams than what comes with the Rovers...but, the stock foams are too short for the Rover tires. Run the Rover foams untill you buy some upgraded ones.
28offroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #114
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28offroader View Post
The stock foams are better foams than what comes with the Rovers...but, the stock foams are too short for the Rover tires. Run the Rover foams untill you buy some upgraded ones.
Ok, will those help me with turning?
Old 03-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #115
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonis1 View Post
Ok, will those help me with turning?
Also, should i cut them in the stars again and in half?
Old 03-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #116
RCC Addict

go get yourself a set of the paradox dual disk foams. they are made to work with a tire that is 5.5in tall or the same height of the rover tire. they are cut in half already and the new style are star cut also
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

Star cutting foams causes soft spots in the tire..points where the tread isnt supported...Paradox Dual Disk foams are two unglued 1 inch thick disks per tire..each disk supports the tire more independently meaning that when one tire shoulder is being compressed the foam isnt being pulled across the inside of the tire.

Paradox Dual Disk foams are NOT star cut...not by me anyway.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #118
I wanna be Dave

And just a note about amps vs. volts...

volts = power
amps = length of time power is available

amps have nothing to do with how much power you have...they only determine how long youll have the given power.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #119
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Star cutting foams causes soft spots in the tire..points where the tread isnt supported...Paradox Dual Disk foams are two unglued 1 inch thick disks per tire..each disk supports the tire more independently meaning that when one tire shoulder is being compressed the foam isnt being pulled across the inside of the tire.

Paradox Dual Disk foams are NOT star cut...not by me anyway.
okay thats my mistake. saw a pic of creeperbob's dual disks and tought u were star cutting them. may bad
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #120
Rock Crawler

Ok cool. Well after talking to rmdw im going to make my own bec jack then im going to buy a btl kit and im gunna get my friends dad that has a foam cutter to cut the foams for the rovers in half until i can get something better

I looked in the tire section and i found the star cuts benifit it, i guess that was good when no weights were in the wheels but when i added weight, it started to suck.

Masonis1's project creeper - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
project creeper santa cruz crawler Venom Creeper 218 08-19-2012 09:40 AM
adale4130's creeper scaler project adale4130 Venom Creeper 13 06-19-2010 08:50 AM
Project C-10 Creeper brianw 2.2 Scale Rigs 0 04-08-2010 01:00 PM
Project Creeper mastathug0 Venom Creeper 13 01-16-2010 09:40 PM
project creeper input wanted badtodabone General Crawlers 16 07-30-2004 02:47 PM