Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: wanting a winner... build thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: wanting a winner... build thread

Red 13, ill get you a couple pics once home from work... Long day so far..
The steering is pretty good this way, better I'm sure once I get my cc Bec hooked up. Doesn't help in a bind, I'm for for a better torque servo tho too. I'm around 100oz without a Bec.. not good
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

I run about 4 1/2 inches to 5 inches. Seems good for me. And even now, on my course, it seems to get caught under rocks. But other than that, it works amazing.
masonis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Hi mason, do you have any updated pics of ur course? I read ur thread an haven seen any... I have to get some posted of mine as well. I just am back to work an getting home before dark doesn't happen much. Maybe this weekend.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Ok, update time... Cc Bec is here (not on yet), rover, white dots showed up today. There huge! Makes the panther cougars I have look like 1.9.. I'm waiting for a pair of aluminum wheels I got from.. Powercrazy.. they look almost like the creeper rims or even like Thomas's wheels.. so once they get here an paradox dual foams, the rovers Will go on! Can't wait!
No crawling as of yet today, maybe with a flash light before too long here... I'll get some pics up soon.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Old 03-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

I will post some new pictures tonight. The course has a lot of very technical spots and very steep spots. The crawler is being fixed now. The abs peeled off so now its getting re absd again. Should be back before the weekend. Your truck is looking good dude.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

Almost looks like my truck with the short shocks in back, tires, how u have the beads on. Hah
Old 03-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

You reminded me to put some new pictures up. I am saving the pics to my photobucket and they will be up tonight. Look at em.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Ok I got my rovers yesterday an today after work I put them on a set of wheels cause I couldn't wait to test them... Let's talk bout some serious point an shoot! These things are awesome! Pics to come in the morning ...
Old 03-17-2012, 04:51 AM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Can't wait for a btl plate! Bta steering! The rovers, just WORK! Huge diff, I could here the tread pulling the rig around... For the lipo on top of it, it actually moved my one mountain stone out of the way! Front tires didn't touch down an had a little havg up, the rear tires an lipo together moved the 15 or so lb rock backwards!
The last pic is just a poser pic with the scx-10 an wraith... This is my home course till I can get more stone. Then ill be doin more of a build "up"
Old 03-18-2012, 05:14 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Well I have a problem... Rig was Workin fine yesterday. Even went thru an calibrated the tx an rx as I switch to a 2.4 just to ghecj it out. Also manually set my sidewinder the old fashion way with the beeps an lights. When I started off things were goin good. Then it shut down, still had steering. So i figured lipo cut off. Put another battery in an this is what happen. The esc turned on an blinked like it normally would but no melody(beeping when arming). Steering still worked but no forward or rev.. came home went thru set up again, lipo cut off, drag brake, the whole speel.. any suggestions.. other then get a castle link... LOL
Old 03-18-2012, 05:15 AM   #52
I wanna be Dave

It's like It's not putting power to the motor an it knows it, that's why its not beeping or making a melody when arming. I checked the wires, I'm still soldered good.. thanks for any help
Old 03-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #53
Rock Crawler

Ok you need to pull the throttle all the way until it starts beeping. Then after it starts beeping. Full reverse and it will start beeping then it will stop and it will work.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Here ya go Red 13.. sorry so long to post..

Yeah its a little off sided on the one side but it is on the bottom an def does its job... I have been happy with it so far. I have some sheets of carbon fiber I may be making the next one out of. It's a bit slicker for sliding over the rocks, not sure how it will be once it gets ruffed up tho..
Old 03-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Ok, after getting some crawl time, I'm enjoying my losi shocks on all four corners, they work great! Also liken the stance.. My articulation is around 6 - 6 1/2 inches. DUring this time I realized my 6oz up front wasn't enough without my 6cell battery, so I strapped an extra (around) 2oz on the axles just to check to see how much I may want on the new aluminum rima I'm waiting for...

Old 03-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

With the rovers I had to limit my steering just a bit till my trusses, pin lox, an btl plate show up in the mail. Don't want to lose a spring cup... Or break anything till I get the parts from rmdw. I have some soldering to do.. as my black wire came off the motor tab, oh well... Then back to testing an more pics..
Old 03-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #57
Rock Crawler

So it was just a wire messing up the esc
Old 03-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

It was spring that holds one of the brushes on that was stuck in the brass wire to the brush. Was holding it back... The black wire came off after... All better now an doin some crawling under a local bridge.. pics to follow.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #59

Thanks for posting pic of skid. I got my new one made also made a new rear one. Posted pic of them in my thread. Thanks again...
Red_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

One an two are the same, 3 is diff an 4 is.. its as I work my way down the wall. It pulled itself up, over, an out of ever situation I put her in! As I keep doin work an getting out to crawl, I'm just amazed at how this little thing or that helps in such a big way....

Hard wired my cc Bec in today(still didnt get a castle link) its set at default for now. I did just purchase a hobbico cs-170 tho.. so till the field link an servo get here, ill get the Bec set for 6v an the servo will put out 333oz.. I can't wait! Cause I'm getting half of that, I hope, at this point.. more like a third!

No problem red, ill be checking out ur thread as ya go.

wanting a winner... build thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanting to build a quadcopter iamsuperbleeder Non Crawler RC's 21 03-25-2012 11:42 PM
Wanting to build my own lcc xThexFearedx Team Losi Comp Crawler 0 04-18-2010 11:26 PM
T-shirt winner(s) thread Cloak General Crawlers 23 08-14-2009 08:56 PM
wanting to try another tuber build iceman320 General Crawlers 8 03-29-2009 06:22 PM
wanting to build a clod PONYBOY87LX Tamiya Clod Buster 5 01-25-2008 11:52 AM