Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: wanting a winner... build thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 04:32 AM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: wanting a winner... build thread

Lol Thomas! ..... Will do, if I go bling I can't see my line..

Yeah I have mighty putty in my diffs now, smashed into every bit of the gears, it harden real nice an is holding strong. As I build up power an crawl more, an paradox, my creeper. I want it to be full of Rmdw parts.. hehe.. I'm wondering if they will take out the tiny bit of wheel play that I have? Spin the back left wheel an it moves 1/8 inch or so till the right wheel moves.. then bout half an inch till the drive line all locks together as one unit. Is this normal or do I have something wrong?

I also have a small click from forward to reverse.. thought it was. Set screw lose in a shaft or somethin hitting, maybe a pin out one side more then the other, but I checked everything but the tranny gears. All is well, even pulled the axles apart an checked an greased everything. It sounds like the front end area.. but I'm clueless... An can't find it.

Ota = over the axle... Steering
Bta = behind the axle... Steering
Btl = between the links... Servo

Last edited by winnerone23; 03-22-2012 at 04:37 AM.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #102
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Lol Thomas! ..... Will do, if I go bling I can't see my line..

Yeah I have mighty putty in my diffs now, smashed into every bit of the gears, it harden real nice an is holding strong. As I build up power an crawl more, an paradox, my creeper. I want it to be full of Rmdw parts.. hehe.. I'm wondering if they will take out the tiny bit of wheel play that I have? Spin the back left wheel an it moves 1/8 inch or so till the right wheel moves.. then bout half an inch till the drive line all locks together as one unit. Is this normal or do I have something wrong?

I also have a small click from forward to reverse.. thought it was. Set screw lose in a shaft or somethin hitting, maybe a pin out one side more then the other, but I checked everything but the tranny gears. All is well, even pulled the axles apart an checked an greased everything. It sounds like the front end area.. but I'm clueless... An can't find it.

Ota = over the axle... Steering
Bta = behind the axle... Steering
Btl = between the links... Servo
My locked diffs do that too. There is slop. But it works.
The small clicking noise as explined by rmdw is the binding of the pins. They are trying to work themselves out.i had that too. Nothing serious. Mine came from the front too.
masonis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #103
I wanna be Dave

The clicking could be any number of things...a sloppy rod end...loose yoke...a drive shaft about to go out...skipping a gear or too much gear slop in the axle...too much slop in the cvd's...

its a pain but a faster way to find issues like clicking is to remove the motor...then turn the rear wheels one way then the other and look at each part very close over and over to see if there is a slop point...before you pull the motor though....remove the rear drive shaft and power the rig up FWD only..see if the noise is still there...if so then replace the rear shaft and proceed as above...if the noise is gone then replace the rear shaft and remove the front shaft and repeat. narrow it down to front or rear first...then comes the tedious part...let me know if you need to go further then the above tests...Ill explain where to go from there.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:46 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Ok will do. If I can only hit the power in forward, an the clicking only happens from forward to reverse, how does that help? Just thinking before I do anything..

So I just got home an he'd some packages here... Yay! My lipo voltage checker/alarm got here! Balance looks good.. my lipo safe bag, my venom trans an chassis with integy 129mm aluminum links, and(drum roll....) My hobbico cs-170 got here! I can't wait to turn the wheels side to side..... Oh, bonus... FOr the 60.00 I spent for the Servo, It came with not one but two racers edge horns for it! Lucky! I was looking to buy One anyway.. no need now. No castle field link yet or aluminum rims but it all works towards the steering I just changed an have been working on... so I'm stoked!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:20 PM   #105
Rock Crawler

Wow. Hah do you know if all hitec 7954 come with aluminum horns? Also, sounds like you are gunna have a great truck.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #106
Quarry Creeper

All new Hitec 7954sh come with an aluminum horn.
28offroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #107
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the answer. What should i be looking for when i look at used servos? Like scratches or what?
Old 03-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #108
Quarry Creeper

I would'nt buy a used servo that came off of a crawler. They do generally have scratches on the case and are worked pretty hard.
Buying used electronics is kinda a hit or miss. Not really a good way to know for sure how well it works without testing before you buy. If you're buying online I'd be more interested in knowing the sellers feedback and how reputable he/she was. Also, ask how much run time the servo has and what condition it's in. If buying local test it out and check for play on the exposed gear. Imo, buying used electronics is only a good idea if you're getting a great deal....at least half off new price....otherwise I'd just buy new and have no worries about it crappin out with a warranty. Hitec has some of the best customer service and warranty out there.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #109
Rock Crawler

Ok this guy has a 7954 for 49 bucks used. No scratches and his feed back is 100%
Old 03-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #110
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonis1 View Post
Ok this guy has a 7954 for 49 bucks used. No scratches and his feed back is 100%
Just looked at that servo on ebay. It's auction style with more than 5 days left still...odds are that it'll go up at least another $10-$20 when the auction ends. Final price being around $65 shipped. Not worth it imo when you can buy it new for $80 shipped.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #111
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28offroader View Post
Just looked at that servo on ebay. It's auction style with more than 5 days left still...odds are that it'll go up at least another $10-$20 when the auction ends. Final price being around $65 shipped. Not worth it imo when you can buy it new for $80 shipped.
Ya might just buy a new one. What do you think should be my stop bidding point?
Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #112
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonis1 View Post
Ya might just buy a new one. What do you think should be my stop bidding point?
It's already over what I'd be willing to pay, so if you want to pay more then that's up to you..
Old 03-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #113
Rock Crawler

Where is everyone finding such good prices for these then??
Old 03-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #114
Quarry Creeper

Probly in the for sale section here...craigslist...or other forums.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Yeah I got my servo on the for sales here... Just bout done mounting it.. I also just scored huge on rc4wd xvd's... New in package, 28$ shipped! Which is double awesome for me cause I tried two diff times to buy them from rc4wd for 40$ ! After trying to pay with paypal, it wouldn't take me back to rc4wd website to finish paying... Then I just found them here! Mason, like I stated in ur post, watch watch watch.. don't go over what you want to spend there are more bein sold daily.. an like 28 said, try an stay around half the original price.. I got lucky, there isn't one scratch on my cs-170 an was stated with only a couple runs on it..
Old 03-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #116
Rock Crawler

What other forums? Been looking on here, none, and ive been looking on craigslist and they only are with the cars they are on.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

Someone want to direct me to donating to rccrawler... I don't see a donate button..
Old 03-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #118
Rock Crawler

Well if u do that, can u look for a servo for me
Old 03-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #119
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Someone want to direct me to donating to rccrawler... I don't see a donate button..
Great score on the xvd's...

For donation I think you can access it through your user cp...I'm using tapatalk so I it's a pia trying to find it through here..
Old 03-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #120
Rock Crawler

Ok. What about the xvd

wanting a winner... build thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanting to build a quadcopter iamsuperbleeder Non Crawler RC's 21 03-25-2012 11:42 PM
Wanting to build my own lcc xThexFearedx Team Losi Comp Crawler 0 04-18-2010 11:26 PM
T-shirt winner(s) thread Cloak General Crawlers 23 08-14-2009 08:56 PM
wanting to try another tuber build iceman320 General Crawlers 8 03-29-2009 06:22 PM
wanting to build a clod PONYBOY87LX Tamiya Clod Buster 5 01-25-2008 11:52 AM