Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: venom safari help!!to get

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 12:10 AM   #1

Default venom safari help!!to get

Hey guys, now im new to crawling and i wanted to get some good and inexpensive upgrades for the venom safari creeper. The only problem i have had with the safari creeper is the shock caps coming off and the diffs striping. With the shocks i put some off my hsp 1/10 and they have held up alright and with the diffs i pulled them out and superglued the gears together and have had no problems.

1. what turn motor is good for just crawling and for the occasional scale run, ive got a 45t integy brushed motor coming in 2 weeks.
2. is the waterproof esc from venom any good for the integy and what amp is the best and im planing to run a 2s lipo or 4500mah nimh battery.
3. what is the best/cheap shocks for the venom safari (metel).
4. is the brand hr racing anygood because ive got a rear lock out coming from them.
5. Any opinions on river hobby because im going to put their combo in my 2wd stadium truck.
4. Is the brand
trevely15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 04:17 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: venom safari help!!to get

I have a 45t integy in my rig an she runs great! For shocks, most run losi 4in comp shocks or traxxas big bores. Hr is awesome, I an most have there, lockouts, chubs, an knuckles.. I personally would run 2s way better performance, torque an wheel speed. Not sure bout the venom esc, never had one but ur best bet is to upgrade. Novak rooster, Tekin fx-r, or castle creations Sct/Sv2..
winnerone23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Runing venom 2s in my safari and love it. Also I don't by the water proof bs, im on my third esc now due to water. Took a realy good look at the new one found spots I can look and see the gaps were water can go straight in. So seal it up if you going to hit water. One thing I will say is their CS has been wonderful and fast.
alterchristopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

esc stock is a hit or miss. Some are really good some are really bad. Motor for fun crawling and scaling would be a 35t. Decent run times and decent torque plus a bit better wheel speed then the 55t. Venom customer service is awsome. I just bought a 2nd hand never used creeper and the one shock was cracked. Had a new one in 3 days. They are the bomb!
mgputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:28 AM   #5

yea im not allowed to buy a tekin or castle. thanks guys ive now orderd lock outs and a new steel spur gear and a new 9t pinion gear and a integy 45t. any other sugestions for a esc
Old 05-01-2012, 04:31 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Hi, I had stated up top bout a 15t Pinion for the 45t motor.. its just right for trail an way enough torque for comp crawling... If ur just crawling for fun an doing trail, you won't have enough wheel speed for trail an braking stuff for crawling, specially in a bind. That's up to you tho. A 9t Pinion on a 35t would make better sense. Just trying to help since ur thinking more along scale an trail an not comping... With that said, I'm running 3s too.. if ur running anything less you really won't have any wheel speed.. esc, why not a Tekin or cc? Just wondering
winnerone23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #7

ok thanks man, i usally go scaling around like this massive pile of dirt that just sits their and it has alot of rocks on it due to i live next to the beach.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

im running a novak fiftyfive 55t motor with a 16t pinion but i did have a 35t motor in it with a 10t pinion, both setups worked great its all person preference

also if your looking into running aluminum bodied shocks, try the traxxas slash rear xxl big bore with losi springs, or the losi aluminum shocks with losi comp springs, me personally i think the stock ones are fine and i use my creeper almost every weekend and ive never had problems, just removed the internal springs for getting twisty better and to raise my ride height up a bit to clear my 2.2 flat irons btw if your going scale re-position the shocks to almost completely vertical or else your going to tip over or just gently lay on your side, venom gave you a "scale" chassis with the safari but the left the shocks in a comp buggy position,

what your going to want to do is drop the shocks to the lower link mounts, and move the body mounts towards the bumpers about 1/2"-3/4"
and remount the shocks straight up and down, maybe raked you can use the 6mm gunmetal spacer from the stock mount on the battery tray

Last edited by Big Tex; 05-01-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Big Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Don't know much about the gear selection but the higher turn motor you get the more torque you get so be careful. Right now im working on aluminum mounts for my shocks to get them straight up and down, i'll let you know how it turns out.
01_DiscoII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

My newst stock esc works great just won't go near water with it
alterchristopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:53 PM   #11

but wouldnt it bend or even snap the scale chassis, is their a mod for this please can someone post up a picture on how they did that because that will be awsome because im just worried about the plastic snapping on the scale chassis... please post a picture up of that please that would be great.
Tom
Old 05-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Go to the local hardware store and get some aluminum angle....1/2" x 1/2" or close to it...get a 36" long piece and cut two pieces the same length as the stock scale chassis rails...drill matching holes in the aluminum angle pieces then add whatever holes you need to for shock mounts etc.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

^^x2 eventually im going to buy some .125" aluminum plate then cut and trace
the scale chassis from venom but all one solid peice from bumper to bumper on each side,
then braise it together and get it powdercoated
or maybe some engine block high temp flat black would look killer
Big Tex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2wd, creeper, integy, safari, venom

venom safari help!!to get - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Venom Safari Conversion? VenomCreeper987 Tires and Wheels 4 05-03-2012 08:11 AM
venom safari Liighthead General Crawlers 10 05-02-2012 03:13 AM
Venom Creeper Safari mgputer Venom Creeper 55 04-28-2012 02:44 PM
venom safari jkurb00 Paint and Body 1 03-04-2012 12:46 AM
venom safari trx General Crawlers 2 03-06-2011 09:34 PM