Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: mgputer Build ****Now With Pics****

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: mgputer Build ****Now With Pics****

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89lxmorepower View Post
Looking good bud glad to see those tires put to use lol i had em for months and never did nothing with em.
Love these tire. Do really good for trail because of the bar pattern so the hook in the sand and dirt plus they are super soft so they crawl great too. Glad I got these from yah!
mgputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Glad i could ya like others have me
89lxmorepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89lxmorepower View Post
Glad i could help ya like others have helped me

Indeed! Lots of good guys on here that help everyone out.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Just got an email back from venom. They are sending me a set of axles shafts free. Then I will have something to use til I can afford my titanium axles from RMDW.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

I changed the roll cage to rolled down style put in the rear interior pieces and ordered titanium axles. Have to get some shims for my rear HR lock outs. Rear tires wobble and there is probably 1/16in play between the hex hub and the bearing.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #26
RCC Addict

rig looks good man waiting to see what all you do with it .
viper6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper6171 View Post
rig looks good man waiting to see what all you do with it .

I just threw it together so I had something to trail with. The rest of the goodies will be put on here and there. Hard to tell by looking at it but everything was brand new except the body and tires. First drive was on friday last week. I am basically using the old body as a template for testing cuts. When I get my new body done it will look better. The one on it is pretty beat up.

Can't wait to get the titanium axles. Also if Thomas decides to make the creeper scale frame rails I may change my design to a truggy TTC style truck so I can lose the axial parts or buy another set of axles and build another one. Going to be ordering my 13yo a creeper here soon for his b-day and I am sure he will want a scaler too.

Last edited by mgputer; 05-15-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Here are the pics of my updates. I added the rear diamond plate and fuel tank. I changed the cage to a roll back design. I adjusted the rear axle to match the wheel wells a bit better.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:26 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

I like that a lot better...what cage kit is that specifically...?

Nevermind..I did a little research.

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 05-15-2012 at 09:58 AM.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

It started as a wraith cage. I was going to get a true tuber but I got it new for $20 so I figured WTH. I modified it a bit and it seems to work really well. I do want to make a truggy next so I need to pick up a frame.

Oh and more bad luck. Took it out for a quick 30minute run with the kids in 2wd down the trail in the woods and as I just drove it up to the house the servo stripped out. Brand new HS-7954 and it spun a hub i figured out after tearing it apart. I might be able to tack weld it but its either that or send it back for repair.

Last edited by mgputer; 05-15-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgputer View Post
It started as a wraith cage. I was going to get a true tuber but I got it new for $20 so I figured WTH. I modified it a bit and it seems to work really well. I do want to make a truggy next so I need to pick up a frame.

Oh and more bad luck. Took it out for a quick 30minute run with the kids in 2wd down the trail in the woods and as I just drove it up to the house the servo stripped out. Brand new HS-7954 and it spun a hub i figured out after tearing it apart. I might be able to tack weld it but its either that or send it back for repair.
I odnt know whats going on with the 7954's...the last one I got went bad in my MOA...I installed a ds8711 and zero issues since...I still need to send my 7954 back to hitec for repair...

Did you spin a hex...the pin slot in the back of the hex or?
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
I odnt know whats going on with the 7954's...the last one I got went bad in my MOA...I installed a ds8711 and zero issues since...I still need to send my 7954 back to hitec for repair...

Did you spin a hex...the pin slot in the back of the hex or?
There is a small gear and a big gear in the servo hooked together with a hub. That is what is slipping. I think I could put a spot of welled on the back side and it will be ok but its a gamble because if I break it I cant send it back but I dont want to wait because the last hitec servo I sent in for my plains took 2months to get back.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #33
Yashua

I would shoot Hitec an e mail and explain the problem, they may just send you the gear. They did this for me one time .

Quote:
There is a small gear and a big gear in the servo hooked together with a hub. That is what is slipping. I think I could put a spot of welled on the back side and it will be ok but its a gamble because if I break it I cant send it back but I dont want to wait because the last hitec servo I sent in for my plains took 2months to get back.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
I would shoot Hitec an e mail and explain the problem, they may just send you the gear. They did this for me one time .
Thanks bob I'll have to try that. My replacement metal diff housing and axles should be here in the next couple days plus the new titanium axles. I am hoping I can drive it like I stole it after I get those parts in it. I may just order a JR servo. I have always hated hitec but everyone recommended them so I got it being a bit cheaper then the JR. Live and learn I guess.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
How long did it take them to get back to you? Has been 24hrs now and still nothing. Venom got back to me within a few hours. And they are sending me 2 sets of axles incase I did get a bad set. I guess all the companies cant be as good as venom lol.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Well Hitec just got back to me. They are send a new gear. Hopefully it lasts this time. Since I dont have to return the servo I am going to try to spot weld the back side of the gear so I can go trailing this weekend.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #37
Yashua

There ya go , and a couple days is a good response time I would think. Ya never know unless you try. I'm sure your gear is'nt the only one that has done that.
I'de be real careful with tacking the gear, make sure nothing builds up and wears on any part of the housing.

Quote:
Well Hitec just got back to me. They are send a new gear. Hopefully it lasts this time. Since I dont have to return the servo I am going to try to spot weld the back side of the gear so I can go trailing this weekend.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
There ya go , and a couple days is a good response time I would think. Ya never know unless you try. I'm sure your gear is'nt the only one that has done that.
I'de be real careful with tacking the gear, make sure nothing builds up and wears on any part of the housing.

Yah I got it done and it worked well. I just put tacks all the way around then ground it back down to the right height with the dremmel. I used my brothers 110v Mig and he had the really small wire I forget the size but it worked good. I also made sure to only do small short tacks so it didnt get to hot and warp. Penetration was good also so it should be good. I'll try it out tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Was out driving around after I welded the servo gear having a good time when my daughter decides to run it over with her power wheel ford f150. So now I need to get some wheels. I straightened them the best I could but they still wobble. Everything else is ok though luckily. Hoping to fin a cheap set of stock creeper wheels if anyone has some send me a pm
Old 05-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #40
Rock Crawler

Ouch i like my losi wheels there nice and pretty durable plus the hexes are much nicer fit than creeper wheels
89lxmorepower is offline   Reply With Quote

mgputer Build ****Now With Pics**** - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM
Practice build before I build a real crawler. jm8881 General Crawlers 46 03-13-2005 09:21 PM