Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: mgputer Build ****Now With Pics****

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: mgputer Build ****Now With Pics****

Yah the hexes fit really nice. I am going to try heating them to see if that softens them up just enough to get them to go straight.
mgputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

How are you goin to heat them? Boiling water? May have stock wheels to get rid of as well... Pm me if so
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
How are you goin to heat them? Boiling water? May have stock wheels to get rid of as well... Pm me if so

I have a heat gun for airplane covering. Temp goes up to 450. Should be enough to warp them I hope. OR ill just get your wheels. Either way its good.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Just got my new axles and servo gear in the mail. They both do not even look close to the original. For the axles the colors and quality is way better and the servo gear at first I thought they sent me the wrong one it looks so different. I guess thats a good thing. Means they are constantly updating to get better quality, or send the people who bitch the good stuff so we shut up.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #45
Yashua

Glad to hear ya got the axle shafts , and that was pretty fast for the servo gear too. Build driver .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgputer View Post
Just got my new axles and servo gear in the mail. They both do not even look close to the original. For the axles the colors and quality is way better and the servo gear at first I thought they sent me the wrong one it looks so different. I guess thats a good thing. Means they are constantly updating to get better quality, or send the people who bitch the good stuff so we shut up.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Wish I coulda got ur wheels out today.. busy, busy.. kids ball an bday... They will be goin out Mon morning.. can't wait to here how the new parts work out.. ur hoping its the good stuff an They didn't pick seconds out of the bin an send them...
Jk...
Old 05-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Not going to change the rear axles, as I havent gotten the titanium ones yet. Did a little to it but until tuesday I will not have much time to get it together anyway.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Went crawling with my son today. We had a great time even though my wheels wobble lol. I need to find different shocks though. The ones I have are way to stiff. I have a set of venom brand shocks(not for creeper just venom brand) and they are similiar in toughness so Maybe I am going to have to cut some springs.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #49
Pebble Pounder

These are the ones I put on my Creeper. They may not be your first choice but for the price you can't go wrong.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Venom-Threaded-Aluminum-Shocks-AX10-Scorpion-4PC-4020-/360343795799?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&ha sh=item53e629f857
remmuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmuh View Post
These are the ones I put on my Creeper. They may not be your first choice but for the price you can't go wrong.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Venom-Threaded-Aluminum-Shocks-AX10-Scorpion-4PC-4020-/360343795799?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&ha sh=item53e629f857

Yah these are the ones I have. I had integy on but I put these on and they are way better then the integy. Adjust them a bit and I think they will work well. Only thing I dont like is they are a bit long.

Last edited by mgputer; 05-22-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:34 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Went crawling with the new shocks and damn is it nice in comparison. Integy might be ok scaler shocks as I see alot using them but I want a scaler that can crawl well as well so I am going to put them on classifieds or ebay I think.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

Pm me how much you were thinking asking for them i might be interested i need stiffer shocks for my pig
89lxmorepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Thumbs up Re: mgputer Build ****Now With Pics****

Here are some pics from me and my son messing around Jumping the ramp. No action shots. Just some posers as my 4yo doesnt take pics to well lol.

As you can see I have added some decals and moved the esc under the hood. Going to move the battery next and make a opening hood so I can get at the battery.

Last edited by mgputer; 05-25-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

looks clean i like it!
jojo303d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo303d View Post
looks clean i like it!
Thanks! Still more to come. Interior and more scalish tires like TSL Super Swampers or Boggers. Or maybe some RC4WD Pitbulls.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #56
Rock Crawler

Looking good
89lxmorepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89lxmorepower View Post
Looking good

Thanks man.

I got my titanium axles on today from CREEPERBOB and they are tough as hell. I'd recommend everyone with a creeper should get them!!! I was out Jumping the skateboard ramp catching like 6 foot of air and landed on one wheel in the back a few times and it is still straight and not broken. Great job on the axles Bob!!!

I got some used wheels and tires from Winnerone23 and I am going to polish them up and remove the anodizing then put them on. Will be black inside with polished rings. Should look sexy I think!

Now I need to save some pennies and sell a few things on ebay to get some front and rear trusses from Thomas and I think the BTL kit and a BEC and maybe some foams. and maybe some beef tubes.......so many things to get. So much fun!!

Last edited by mgputer; 05-25-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #58
Yashua

Thanks Matt for the good words, and I'm glad you liked the axles, I never thought about 6 foot jumps, good testing , I know my rig has takin' some pretty tall and hard falls and has survived well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgputer View Post
Thanks man.

I got my titanium axles on today from CREEPERBOB and they are tough as hell. I'd recommend everyone with a creeper should get them!!! I was out Jumping the skateboard ramp catching like 6 foot of air and landed on one wheel in the back a few times and it is still straight and not broken. Great job on the axles Bob!!!

I got some used wheels and tires from Winnerone23 and I am going to polish them up and remove the anodizing then put them on. Will be black inside with polished rings. Should look sexy I think!

Now I need to save some pennies and sell a few things on ebay to get some front and rear trusses from Thomas and I think the BTL kit and a BEC and maybe some foams. and maybe some beef tubes.......so many things to get. So much fun!!
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Awesome deal on the wheels getting there! I'll be looking forward to seeing them in the pics.. rig looks sweet! Ti axles sound like the way to go, I just won't be doin 6 foot jumps with mine.. unless its down off the side of a rock ledge! Which I tend to crawl more often then I should.. I have two sets of spare axles tho so I don't worry bout breaking stuff...
Old 05-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Awesome deal on the wheels getting there! I'll be looking forward to seeing them in the pics.. rig looks sweet! Ti axles sound like the way to go, I just won't be doin 6 foot jumps with mine.. unless its down off the side of a rock ledge! Which I tend to crawl more often then I should.. I have two sets of spare axles tho so I don't worry bout breaking stuff...

Yah I usually don't do that kind of jump but my bro was over with his revo and I had to show off a bit lol. After I got my spare set from Venom I now have 3 spare sets so I am not really afraid either! After I get my trusses and beef tubes maybe I will try a 4800kv brushless and a 12ft jump? lol

Put my 27t in today and went crawling with my 13yo this mornin. What fun. 27t is ok but I wish I had a 35t and a 3s esc. We are going to go over by my mothers place this afternoon probably so we can climb her rock pile. Will bring the camera and see if I can get any action shots.

Trying to figure out which ESC and motor combo to get next. I want one that will run 3s on a 35t motor. So far the best I could afford would be the FXR with the HD 35t for $130 or the Novak Eiger with Rockstar 35t for $120. They seem similiar as far as stats. The only thing I am curious about is reliability. Seems Novak is less reliable then Tekin. Is this true? Which ESC/Motor combo would you get?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by THX_138; 06-20-2012 at 03:17 PM.

mgputer Build ****Now With Pics**** - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM
Practice build before I build a real crawler. jm8881 General Crawlers 46 03-13-2005 09:21 PM