Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: mgputer Build ****Now With Pics****

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Re: mgputer Build ****Now With Pics****

personly i would go with a tekin. i run currently a novak rooster with an external 3s lipo cut off, but im going to be switching to an fxr pro in my crawler and touring car and going to a tekin rs pro in my sc truck. novak is a very reliable esc company as i have been running my rooster on 3s for a year now and ive had the rooster for about 3 years total and havent had a problem with them.

althou there motors are a different story. ive had nothing but problems with there motors wether it is brushless or brushed. i smoked and burnt up a 5.5t brushless in one 5 minute race and my 55t novak motor has given me nothing but problems since i got it.
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2012, 05:34 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomcrawlerdud View Post
personly i would go with a tekin. i run currently a novak rooster with an external 3s lipo cut off, but im going to be switching to an fxr pro in my crawler and touring car and going to a tekin rs pro in my sc truck. novak is a very reliable esc company as i have been running my rooster on 3s for a year now and ive had the rooster for about 3 years total and havent had a problem with them.

althou there motors are a different story. ive had nothing but problems with there motors wether it is brushless or brushed. i smoked and burnt up a 5.5t brushless in one 5 minute race and my 55t novak motor has given me nothing but problems since i got it.

Was your 55T the Terra claw or a Rockstar? Those Terra Claw look pretty cheap. So far based on reviews that I have seen from other sites and this one it seems that the Tekin is the way to go. Thought about going with a castle and go brushless for something different. I dunno guess I will do some more research.
mgputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #63
RCC Addict

i think it was the rockstar motor. brushless would be very neat but if u go brushless that would deffintly be something to go with novak for. sense novak is the only company out there that makes motors like 18.5t or a 21.5t brushless motor where everyone else stops at a 17.5t motor
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Well I decided as soon as I get a few things sold I am going to pick up the HH ESC and motor. HH can run a larger variety of motors then the others and also it can run up to 4s power. Not that I ever would but just having the option is always nice.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

I'm digging your truck. Has that built-from-four-scrapped-trucks appeal.

Your best bet is to get the HH BRXL with motor combo.

I had to have mine waterproofed for playing submarine. It's nice knowing your ESC will take way more power and volts then you'll ever need.

How hard was it to integrate the Wraith cage with the Creeper trans/skid?
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:05 AM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
I'm digging your truck. Has that built-from-four-scrapped-trucks appeal.

Your best bet is to get the HH BRXL with motor combo.

I had to have mine waterproofed for playing submarine. It's nice knowing your ESC will take way more power and volts then you'll ever need.

How hard was it to integrate the Wraith cage with the Creeper trans/skid?
Pretty easy. The reason I used creeper axles/etc on a wraith cage is first the wraith cage cost me $20 and secondly because I cant afford a custom tube chassis. Also I wanted to make a scalish looking bronco and wraith axles are just to long. Had to make some spacers out of delrin to go between the wraith cage and the creeper skid. I used the entire chassis of the creeper so I could use the creeper link mounts. As soon as I get my new esc and lipos I am going to move the battery to the front and cut the creeper chassis just above the link mounts and put a spacer between the 2 chassis halves so it doesnt twist. Then I will have room to make an interior or I might see if I can get the wraith one to fit with some modification. There was a bit more modification done too but I forget atm.

Last edited by mgputer; 05-31-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:40 AM   #67
RCC Addict

How's the terrain up there in Merill? Got any hot spots for trail runs/crawling? Us Fox Valley guys are always looking for new frontiers . Post up some outdoor pics when you can. Without checking Mapquest, I'm not sure how far away you are but you never know...a roadtrip out that way could happen.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:39 AM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 View Post
How's the terrain up there in Merill? Got any hot spots for trail runs/crawling? Us Fox Valley guys are always looking for new frontiers . Post up some outdoor pics when you can. Without checking Mapquest, I'm not sure how far away you are but you never know...a roadtrip out that way could happen.

Fox Valley If I remember correctly is near appleton? If so I am about an 1:45 from you. I am new to the area so I dont know alot of hot spots but I know around the river and flowage are always full of rocks. Also the parks are always nice. With merrill being the city of parks there are tons. I think we have like 10 parks in merrill. Everything from ghetto parks to nice ones. I think there is a club in Wausau but I go over towards my stompin grounds to crawl most of the time or in my back yard as my house has trees on all sides. One of my favorite places is over around medford as there is a good number of farmers with rock piles around that are always nice. I have yet to find what I would consider a crawlers hotspot but if I do I will be sure to let you know.

Most of my crawling is a near by gravel pit and the woods around my house with my kids.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:04 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

I know it maybe past due but I have had a rooster, have a CC Sidewinder act in my rally car, now, was in my creeper. Also have a Sidewinder in my moa, which will come out if I find another fx-r. An I have a fx-r in my Creeper. Now .. an one in my scx-10 xj.. there running 3s always an powering integument motors, creeper, moa, an my xj.. zero problems great drag brake an small a$$ footprint. I wont change or go another direction. Maybe someday a HH handwound for comps but as for now, no issues with the 4 integument motors I run. With two sold to friends an one in a box for a backup/spare.. my 0.02
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

FXR was my first choice until I checked out the HH. I think I will eventually get both as the FXR would be better for a comp crawler as it is so small. On my scaler doesnt matter to much I have a good amount of room under the hood.

Did some crawling today(real crawling not just the back yard) but I forgot to bring the camera........was a good time and didnt break anything. I need to pick up a different set of shocks though. The venom ones stick so bad its annoying. If they get within a 1/4in from full travel the bind unless I hit a good bump. Also I think I want a set with a couple different sets of springs as the rear is a bit too stiff but I have the front pretty good. I have most of the weight in the front so thats what the deal is there I think.

So I cut the stock chassis up and put some spacers I made out of delrin tube to hold it from flexing. I also put the battery in the front and I have a new body coming but it is special order bronco body until he gets it out into production so it will be 2-3 weeks until he gets it to me. I am going to get a 2ah lipo here soon as well from HK as the 5ah I have in there currently is just a hair big. I have so much weight in the front now I may have to add some to the back for now until I get a lighter pack. I also decided to make a chassis mounted servo with panhard. I also picked up some 3/16in tube. I don't have enough to make my own chassis yet as I now spent all my cash again but I will soon even though I thought about selling the wraith cage to buy the rest but then I can't go crawlin until its done soooo I dunno we will see. I will have some pics posted later of my mods.

Last edited by THX_138; 06-20-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #71
Rock Crawler

It looks good i like the use of the wraith chasis with stock creeper parts looks like it will perform decent
89lxmorepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Yah it does really well. I changed the tires to the ones I got from winner because they arent on the banlist for class 3. I am going to order a set of proline superswampers or rock lox soon though. Maybe my Fathers Day present?

Dove tailed the front of the bronco body and made the hood open yesterday. Went crawlin yesterday afternoon with my 13yo and 15yo and I need to change it up a bit. After I put everything in the front the backend is way to light. I really dont want to add more weight to balance it so I think I am going to pull the wheel weights out in the front. Any drop downs the front is so heavy it catapults the rear as soon as the front drops down. Will post some more pics here soon.

Can't wait for my new body. This one is really getting beat up. But at the same time it kinda adds character too lol. Also one of these days I am going to remember to bring the camera for some action pics. Also because I can't afford another truck I may build another chassis and build a tuber 34 ford truggy that also bolts on to the mod creeper chassis for some variance. Plus I just love old fords.....

Last edited by THX_138; 06-20-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #73
I wanna be Dave

So I let my 15yo drive my truck for a couple hours yestarday while I was grocery shopping and he wasnt watching the wheels as I told him too because they like to come loose even with lock tight on them and now my front left stock wheel is stripped out. He also broke my last stock drive shaft so I am going to put on the integy steel driveshafts. They are a new style similiar to the RC4WD punishers but alot cheaper. Bad part is they are for the AX10 so I need to trim them a hair. I heated up the Losi wheels I had on it since they were bent and got them pretty straight. I also took the weight out of the fronts so now my weight bias is back to 60/40 and crawls much better. Think I am going to upgrade my shocks to some 4in length ones or build some droop blocks on the shock mounts to lower it a hair.

Got some pics from yestarday messing around at my parents farm. We had a great time, going through 4 5000mah packs. Pics are from my bros phone so not perfect but still get the idea. First real run on the integy driveshafts and they hold up well. I ran it really hard the whole day without any issues. Also put stock creeper shocks on that I got from 89xlmorepower and they work really good and suprisingly from the posts I have seen they do not leak. Rebound is a bit slow but otherwise real nice shocks.

One of my sons Maxstone my bro was driving at the time.

Just got a package from the mail lady! Got my new 2.2 Flat Irons on axial wheels for $30 shipped, can't beat that deal! They look really sweet on there and wow are they soft. Should make my truck crawl about anything! I will have some new pics here soon with them on it.

Last edited by THX_138; 06-20-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

Looks like a fun day bud and glad you like the shocks they arent fancy but they work lol and hurry up with new pics lol
Old 06-19-2012, 05:02 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89lxmorepower View Post
Looks like a fun day bud and glad you like the shocks they arent fancy but they work lol and hurry up with new pics lol

pics!!!!

Old 06-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #76
Rock Crawler

They look good and for the price you cant beat it
Old 06-20-2012, 05:29 AM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89lxmorepower View Post
They look good and for the price you cant beat it
Yah they work really well also. Was really suprised how soft they are compared to the older compound Flat Irons.

I am going to start my build change here as soon as I get the chassis from Troy.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Went crawling again today and I broke a tooth off the pinion on the rear diff. It locked up and I opened it up and I dont see anything in there that could have broke it so guess it was just from abuse. Tires work really well. If they were a bit taller i would love them. Even on wet rocks it would pull itself right up. Only thing I dont like is being so sticky they tend to bind a bit easier.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:43 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Sounds like you get relearn your rig all over again lol ever changes the way it crawls
Old 06-22-2012, 12:00 AM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Yah the good thing is though the benefits outway the negative so thats all good. I threw the diff back together and crawled for an hour and it doesnt skip or anything so I think I am going to run it that way until it breaks.

mgputer Build ****Now With Pics**** - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM
Practice build before I build a real crawler. jm8881 General Crawlers 46 03-13-2005 09:21 PM