Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: mgputer Build ****Now With Pics****

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: mgputer Build ****Now With Pics****

X2 on wanting the irons taller.. they work great! Just short for a comp crawler.. good looking scale tire though... Although they make 1.9's just as tall.. they are looking good on ur rig tho. Maybe try some CI dual foams to keep them from wading up or sticking to much.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Yah I am using memory foam at the moment. I need to get a different set of foams here soon I think. My 2.2 are only 4.8in tall so thats like .6 taller then a 1.9. You would think there would be more of a difference. I love them otherwise though.

We went crawling today. I have most of my family hooked on the crawlers. Everyone wants to buy one. My other bro bought one today and his 2 girls both want one. Soon just from my family we will have an entire club just from my family lol.

I got some pics but they are not great as they are from my sons Ipod but better then nothing.

Last edited by mgputer; 06-22-2012 at 07:39 PM.
mgputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, I agree on the height.. my 1.9's are 4.5 tall(pitbulls) an the 1.9 two faces are like 4.84 I think I heard subaruboy say at the comp.. if they made a 5.5" tall iron I would run them!

That's sweet bout ur family.. my wife just started running one an is talking bout wanting one now! Sweet! More to buy an build...
Old 06-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Hell yah. Get the fam involved and you can have fun all the time without getting in trouble because they understand the sickness.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:30 AM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Nice spot ya got there, looks like a good mix of crawling an trail running... My wife understands my sickness, she also realizes it keeps me away from my other sicknesses.. lol, it also keeps me home when I'm not crawling..I do like the idea of her running with me tho, she does enjoy the comps. So she's good with my sickness.. building my son a mrc an he has a mini summit to run trail with me.. when its not broke.. lol, we take it to the skate park an dfo jumps with it as well.. that's when I get the rally car out an rip it up!
Old 06-23-2012, 04:39 AM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Yah broken is a word I hear like hourly. My 4yo and 15yo are really hard on stuff and everytime I just start to have fun its "DAD IT WONT GO!!!" LOL

Pics are from a park about 1 mile from my house. They have a hiking trail with rocks along side the trails here and there. We were doing some hill climbs a little to close to the river but luckily no one went for a swim as I still havent waterproofed them yet. I have them splash resistant so trail small puddles don't hurt but a submersion would be fried ESC and recievers.

Last edited by mgputer; 06-23-2012 at 04:55 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:01 AM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Lol, its a word I hear goin out on the rocks an trail with grown men! Everything good to crawl or trail has water next to it around here, its were all the best rock is! Plus the added rush of falling in or making a crawl without falling in.... My xj has water resistants ... Creeper doesn't..
Old 06-23-2012, 07:16 AM   #88
I wanna be Dave

I plan one replacing my ESC here soon with one that will run 3S if I can find one reasonable. Though I may run this ESC in my sons so maybe I should just get it over with LOL. Then I will waterproof the new one so I can run the scale TTC comps they have around here. I watched one here a few weeks ago and I think I could do pretty good based on the rigs and drivers I saw there. I won't be guaranteed a top place but I shouldnt have to worry about coming in last.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Watch the for sale section.. always great deals on there.. hoping I have a fx-r show up today I got off there for 45$! Also hoping a chassis my wife shipped, shows up today.... ;)
Old 06-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Watch the for sale section.. always great deals on there.. hoping I have a fx-r show up today I got off there for 45$! Also hoping a chassis my wife shipped, shows up today.... ;)

I have been watching but every time I look they are sold. I have myself in line on one right now so if he doesnt sell it its mine but I am not holding my breath. a MMP for $50 is to good of a deal to pass up.

Yah I am hoping it shows today. Won't be able to start the build probably as I am helping my son with a semi scale rig with a new bright jeep body and some home made chassis rails and his Maxstone 10 axles and trans. Should be pretty sweet. I am also waiting for some other parts to show that probably won't be here until monday.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Working on editing up a video from yesterday too. If I can get it to look half way decent I will post a link.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #92
I wanna be Dave

That the one without a fan... I saw that, it is a good price! I'm a fx-r guy all the way.. I'm takin my second sidewinder out to put another fx-r in... The creeper came with one an the moa showed up with one, I've had cc, novak, an Tekin.. I have noticed improvement right off the bat with the fx-r.. I have a mamba micro pro in my mrc, just wish I had a brushed motor for it.. its not sensored an the brushless likes to cog...
Old 06-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Yah I like the FXR but you usually don't see them in the classifieds. For what they go for when they are on there I should just buy a new one. I can get one from Holmes Hobbies for $109 shipped with a HD 35t for another $50.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

You don't look at the for sale section much then.. average, I say is 60$ for a fx-r.. you can pick up a 35t for 20-25.. that puts you at 85$ for a combo... I just got my fx-r off the sale section for 45$ an a integy 35t, nip, for less then 20$.... Combo 65$.... Performance... Priceless... Look, watch, an make offers...
Old 06-24-2012, 05:25 AM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Nah what it is is all the ones that are still available are expensive and the other ones are already sold to lucky dogs like you!! LOL

We went to Dells of Eau Claire yesterday which is like 25mi from my house. So awsome! I will post some pics of the crawl in a bit but here are some of the area. I didnt get alot of crawl pics though because the battery went dead in the camera 30minutes after we got there! These are the pics a guy in the WI forum sent me when he told me about the place. I couldn't believe there was a place this awesome this close.

Last edited by mgputer; 06-24-2012 at 06:24 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:34 AM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Heres the pics of the dells. We didnt get the best ones as my battery went dead. These were at the top when we first came in. This is a great place as there is challenge levels from stock scx10 level to full mod moas would find challenging. Was a blast. We were here for like 8 hours and we only stopped because it was to dark to drive anymore. It was also hard to get pics because of the 3 grad parties and a wedding that were going on in the park. So many people you were trying to avoid as many people as obstacles. Good thing though is we had a huge group of people following us around and getting info on where to buy one for themselves. Always good to be nice to onlookers as the more people that enjoy the hobby the better it becomes!

Next time we go we will have most of the guys from the WI forum going too they way it sounds if we can get it set up. Should be a dozen or so of us there. Should be a great time!!

Last edited by mgputer; 06-24-2012 at 06:40 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #97
Rock Crawler

Looks like a neat spot go crawling
89lxmorepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #98
RCC Addict

Great lookin' bunch of rigs, and an awesome location too! We really need to set sumthin' up for a group run there. We usually spend all our time there on the rocky areas in those pics. If you cross over the footbridge, I'm told there are some other great spots too. I have a feeling that you'll be heading there alot .
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #99
I wanna be Dave

I picked up a goat sensored brushless esc for $45 and a brushless sensored 18.5 crawler motor for $30. Finally found what I was looking for!
Old 06-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #100
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 View Post
Great lookin' bunch of rigs, and an awesome location too! We really need to set sumthin' up for a group run there. We usually spend all our time there on the rocky areas in those pics. If you cross over the footbridge, I'm told there are some other great spots too. I have a feeling that you'll be heading there alot .

Yah we will be there quite often. Was quite suprised how cool it was. I will definately get ahold of you next run and maybe we could get a bunch of guys up there.

mgputer Build ****Now With Pics**** - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM
Practice build before I build a real crawler. jm8881 General Crawlers 46 03-13-2005 09:21 PM