Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: mgputer Build ****Now With Pics****

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: mgputer Build ****Now With Pics****

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89lxmorepower View Post
Looks like a neat spot go crawling

Yah it was. Plus it has a playground and picnic areas so the fam can come and play around while daddy gets his crawl on!
mgputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #102
Rock Crawler

ya thats always good to at my local park theres a couple places to crawl only one i know of but another local i knows of another
89lxmorepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #103
Yashua

I've never ran a brushless system, will be watching to see your report on the performance differance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgputer View Post
I picked up a goat sensored brushless esc for $45 and a brushless sensored 18.5 crawler motor for $30. Finally found what I was looking for!
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #104
I wanna be Dave

According to the Novak site the 18.5t is the same as a 45t as far as torque but it has the RPM of a good 20t as it is a 2200kv. So it should be pretty sweet.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #105
Rock Crawler

Just be prepared to upgrade cause its a very powerful setup i know a few people with the 3s version there nuts power wise and speed wise it will find all weak points for you
Old 06-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #106
I wanna be Dave

I am only running 2s for that exact reason. I don't think it will be to bad as it is the crawler set up on 2s. And I have steel driveshafts and titanium axles so I should be covered I hope.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Heres the start of the new build. It has an RC4WD chassis on the creeper axles, links, trans with integy drive shafts, RMDW titanium rear axles, Venom metal diff housing front and rear, venom diff lock spools, and a Hitec 7954sh servo. Don't worry about how the shocks are set up I just have them sitting there for the pics. Will post some new pics when I get some more done.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:45 AM   #108
Rock Crawler

Looking good bud keep up good work also my buddies only on 2s and is going through gears in his axial trans
Old 06-25-2012, 04:55 AM   #109
I wanna be Dave

If he was using stock gears they fry even with the stock setup. As of lately with all of my upgrades its pretty durable. The worsed that will happen is the driveshafts or axles will break.

I am going to love the new set up. Working on it currently with the wraith cage I have to tear it apart to work on almost everything because you cant get at anything.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:10 AM   #110
I wanna be Dave

OH man, that is a sweet spot! It just reminded me of a spot bout 40 mins away from me called, the hay stacks, its bout a mile an half trail run in then all the rock you can point a rig at! Great pics! New rig looks sweet! That red on red is sick looking! This thing is goin to turn out awesome! Bring on the build pics!

Last edited by winnerone23; 06-25-2012 at 06:17 AM.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:19 AM   #111
I wanna be Dave

New build is coming along great. Pics are up. You must have missed them.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:23 AM   #112
I wanna be Dave

I think I am going to build a drop down for the trans. The drive shaft angle is a bit to much though the shocks on it now are too long so it will drop about an inch or so with different shocks. Articulation is great. I should have it up and running minus the body and what not today so I can give it a pretest to see how it works before I settle on the current setup. I need to pick up a set of 4in or shorter shocks for it. Maybe some 90mm axials.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:43 AM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Lol, I wrote that when I was a page back... Then I edited it when I realized I was on the wrong page.. Haha... Ur rear axle could deff be turned up, would help there, but yeah the shocks will help.. man, shoulda send something back with the chassis, I had 4 big bores sitting here, now I put two of them on my moa to get rid of the old ones that were on it.. lower cog with just as much articulation... The shock body is shorter an I'm running it in droop.. ur front may come down some with the weight of electronics an to level it out, may be a limiting strap... It's what I did on my xj, put the big bores on, kinda like a lift, also to take up the weight of the front bumper an electronics an battery.. then put a limiting strap on the rear for level ride height.. the articulation is full out tho! Crawls great!
Old 06-25-2012, 06:52 AM   #114
I wanna be Dave

One thing crazy is I didnt have to change the links or even drill holes for them. The stock holes in the frame were perfect. Well I had to change the bends but that was rather easy. I might change them a little bit more yet to get a bit better articulation even though it should be good the way it is. I might still use the stock creeper shocks if the body will fit with some extensions on the shock towers. The angle on the shocks is a bit goofy but if it works that way i may just leave it for now.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:27 AM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Built the new shock towers and have a runner with no body. I can't start the cage yet as I dont have the body for measurements and so forth. Put the kids hummer body on for some crawl action an it works really well. Suprising better then my previous set up. I think the reason being is that the weight in the chassis is all right at the top of the wheels so it can side hill like a mofo. Makes me think twice about putting a cage on to ruin my great cog. Plus after running this hummer body it really gave me an appreciation for a true scale rig. Though the thing crawls like a comp rig. I am glad I went with my current design as the first one would have made the chassis sit maybe an inch higher which could have really messed with the cog. I think I am going to make a roll cage, sliders, and bumpers and that will be it so I don't ruin the awesomeness. I think the current weight with the new bright body on should be the same or close to the cage bumper set up I am thinking of doing. Body should be here today as well as my goat esc. No motor until tomorrow though! Will post pics when I get the body rigged and the ready for tubes.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:53 AM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Sounds sweet! I ran a proline hummer body on my old 2.2 honcho.. love the look.. it was just a lexab body tho, so not much weight. Now its just collecting dust..lol..
Watching this build an hearing how well the chassis is working for you is great to watch! Pics, pics, pics... Lol, tic toc.. waiting (patiently)....
Old 06-27-2012, 06:00 AM   #117
I wanna be Dave

Well except for the shock towers it still looks the same until my body comes UPS today some time. Will show some pre-paint pics and pre-rollbar pics today. Maybe if I have time I will get the roll bar and bumpers finished today or early tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #118
I wanna be Dave

First boxes showed up. Got my goat and 18.5t crawler motor. The literature it came with says it is equal to a 55t motor but still 2200kv. Should be awsome!
Old 06-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #119
I wanna be Dave

Well I didn't get a sensor wire with the esc or motor sooooo I have to wait until Saturday to try it out. My LHS doesn't have one so i am ordering one from omni since I usually get stuff from them in 48hrs. I'm soooo bumbed!!
Old 06-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Here are some teaser shots. I just got done painting the body as the UPS guy was here only 30mins ago but I figured I would show an idea of what it could look like.

mgputer Build ****Now With Pics**** - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM
Practice build before I build a real crawler. jm8881 General Crawlers 46 03-13-2005 09:21 PM