Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: mgputer Build ****Now With Pics****

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default mgputer Build Updated 6/19/12

Well in the next couple days I should have all of my parts for the time being as I had to replace my water heater so that took $350 out of my creeper budget.

PICS NOW ON PAGE 2!!!

HPI Bronco body
Wraith Chassis
Losi esc and 32t motor
Losi Rock Claws(thanks 89xlpower) on losi wheels.
Creeper axles
integy driveshafts
Integy GT3B 3ch radio
Hitec HS-7954SH servo 403oz
integy 120mm crawler shocks

This should go together rather quickly once I get the parts which should all be here by Saturday. So stay tuned to see my low budget build! IT will probably be boring in comparison to the others but I will be upgrading it slowly over time. Should be able to afford my TTC Tuber chassis in a few weeks. Going to use a wraith chassis for the time being. Will post pics when I get all the parts.

Last edited by mgputer; 06-19-2012 at 02:13 PM.
mgputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: mgputer Build

Oh can someone give me the link to setting up for pic posting?
Old 05-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgputer View Post
Oh can someone give me the link to setting up for pic posting?
Photobucket.com...once your pics are uploaded there select the "full size" [IMG] tags and them copy and paste the link into any thread post text line...
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

thats always fun waiting for parts to arrive lol
89lxmorepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Photobucket.com...once your pics are uploaded there select the "full size" [IMG] tags and them copy and paste the link into any thread post text line...

Thanks man!

Well waiting for parts to show up has to be the most miserable and exciting experience all at the same time. Should have some today and some tomorrow and some saturday. Also to add to my list I picked up some HR chubs/knuckles and rear lock outs. Now I just need RMDW and Bob to get those axles ready to ship! Hint Hint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89lxmorepower View Post
thats always fun waiting for parts to arrive lol

I hate waiting for parts though when they show up its like xmas again like when I was 5yo lol. My bro is a big axial guy and he has been giving me crap about getting a creeper. I have to get it and show him how its done! He thinks his pretty much stock scx10 with 2.2 on it is going to beat the creep! I have 2 engine/esc sets coming for it. 1 is a rooster with a 35t and the other is losi sct xxx esc and 12t motor for foffin with paddles. OMG I CANT WAIT!!!!!!

Well I got my creeper tonight, radio, and new shocks. Got the axles and chassis put together but I am missing the bolts that hold the links to the axles and the bolts for the shocks. No biggy I guess I am not using the stock chassis anyway but I wanted to put it together so I could sit and stair at it for while! lol Have some more parts coming in tomorrow and the rest should be here monday so I can start building. If I would have had the motor and esc today I probably would have ran to the hardware store to pick up some bolts and took it for a spin. Maybe tomorrow! Camera battery is dead or I would have posted some pics. Maybe tomorrow. But at the same time do you really need to see another stock creeper? lol

Got the creeper running got the scalish cage and bronco body on looking sweet take it out for a crawl through my woods and pow goes a front axle...........snapped the shaft right off by the ball. Guess im gonna have to order some new front shafts. Now do I want to get Titanium rears and use the rears in the front or get the free ones from Venom.....decisions decisions.

Last edited by THX_138; 06-20-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Got the creeper running got the scalish cage and bronco body on looking sweet take it out for a crawl through my woods and pow goes a front axle...........snapped the shaft right off by the ball. Guess im gonna have to order some new front shafts. Now do I want to get Titanium rears and use the rears in the front or get the free ones from Venom.....decisions decisions.
why not contact Venom and get your replacement shafts then get the Ti shafts...?

Did you dress the shafts from the kit...clean them up I mean with some low grit sand paper or a light file?
Old 05-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
why not contact Venom and get your replacement shafts then get the Ti shafts...?

Did you dress the shafts from the kit...clean them up I mean with some high grit sand paper (220 or so) or a light file? They all need to be deburred from the different vendors even RC4WD's XVD's.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

X2... I had a problem with my xvd from rc4wd... I ended up running a stock venom cup on the rc4wd axle shaft... The inside of my cup on the xvd was so bad it snagged at half turn an snapped pins off... It works good now! Tho I'm sure Thomas is talking bout the ball end, I just wanted to throw this in..... I just think maybe I got a bad one, cause my left side one works awesome! Real smooth action..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Did you dress the shafts from the kit...clean them up I mean with some high grit sand paper (220 or so) or a light file? They all need to be deburred from the different vendors even RC4WD's XVD's.
Yah I cleaned them up. They turned nice. Unlike most others my pin or ball didnt break it was actually the axle snapped off. Whats wierd is I was just driving across the yard to go back out trailing and I heard a pop. Maybe a rock or something jumped in jamming it?

Also I emailed Venom about the axle. Going to get both so I have 2 spare sets for the front after I order the titanium ones. Always nice to have spares.

Do you have the lincoln lockers in stock? I picked up a locker from the local hobby shop and it was aluminum and it is getting slopped out already on the spool where the axles go in.

Last edited by mgputer; 05-13-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
X2... I had a problem with my xvd from rc4wd... I ended up running a stock venom cup on the rc4wd axle shaft... The inside of my cup on the xvd was so bad it snagged at half turn an snapped pins off... It works good now! Tho I'm sure Thomas is talking bout the ball end, I just wanted to throw this in..... I just think maybe I got a bad one, cause my left side one works awesome! Real smooth action..

I cleaned the ball and had the pin retainers on. I think it bound by a small rock or something cause I was just driving across smooth grass when it broke. I may get a set of axial axle shafts. Supposedly from a pm I got you can make them work by cutting them to length and then regrinding the ends so they fit into the diff. But are axial axles and tougher? I have seen peeps break them too.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:38 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I haven broken any axles, yet... Just bent, broke, an sheered off pins.... Haven had any problems with my axial axles.. I run it hard an on 3s with a 35t integy, 15/87 gearing, with no mercy.. I run it like its a crawler an have it setup Like one! creeper, 3s with a 45t integy, 15/45 gearing, with no mercy... Pins have been the only problem.. other then popping rear drive shafts..
Old 05-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
I haven broken any axles, yet... Just bent, broke, an sheered off pins.... Haven had any problems with my axial axles.. I run it hard an on 3s with a 35t integy, 15/87 gearing, with no mercy.. I run it like its a crawler an have it setup Like one! creeper, 3s with a 45t integy, 15/45 gearing, with no mercy... Pins have been the only problem.. other then popping rear drive shafts..
I think the theory that there has been a recent release of bad axles is true. It broke so easy if I would have been crawling it probably would have insta broke. I have been driving around in 2wd and just pounding on it an the rears havent broke yet. I put my 12t and losi esc in it after the axle broke so I could have fun in 2wd. Have been pulling wheelies donuts the works. I think I just got a defective one.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

On another note I can see why peeps dont run the integy shocks. So stiff its crazy. I pulled them apart and the oil must have been 50w. Just so thick. I also cut a few coils of the springs and stretched them a bit and changed the oil to 25w. Much better but I think I am still going to order a set of losi shocks with white springs. Then use these integy with my lowering kit for Foff.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yah I cleaned them up. They turned nice. Unlike most others my pin or ball didnt break it was actually the axle snapped off. Whats wierd is I was just driving across the yard to go back out trailing and I heard a pop. Maybe a rock or something jumped in jamming it?

Also I emailed Venom about the axle. Going to get both so I have 2 spare sets for the front after I order the titanium ones. Always nice to have spares.

Do you have the lincoln lockers in stock? I picked up a locker from the local hobby shop and it was aluminum and it is getting slopped out already on the spool where the axles go in.
My Lincoln Lockers are made to order like a lot of my parts...I try not to go around bashing other manufacturer's parts but lockers should not be made out of aluminum. My LL's dont get sloppy. And you cant beat a lifetime guarantee.

You might be able to cut and grind Axial shafts down to fit...but due to something I have going on at RMDW...Id say wait a couple of weeks to see what happens. The Paradox line for the Creeper is about to explode.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
My Lincoln Lockers are made to order like a lot of my parts...I try not to go around bashing other manufacturer's parts but lockers should not be made out of aluminum. My LL's dont get sloppy. And you cant beat a lifetime guarantee.

You might be able to cut and grind Axial shafts down to fit...but due to something I have going on at RMDW...Id say wait a couple of weeks to see what happens. The Paradox line for the Creeper is about to explode.

Sweet. I will just get the stock ones from venom for now then. And wait to order your locker til I see the new cool stuff.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Sweet. I will just get the stock ones from venom for now then. And wait to order your locker til I see the new cool stuff.
Well I dont mean to wait for the locker/s I mean dont waste your time on axle mods to retro fit parts as something bigger is coming...I would get the locker/s and Ti shafts now and then decide on the other goodies later.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Well I dont mean to wait for the locker/s I mean dont waste your time on axle mods to retro fit parts as something bigger is coming...I would get the locker/s and Ti shafts now and then decide on the other goodies later.

I just figured I would make it one order to save on shipping but I guess it would depend on how long til the new goodies are ready. Either way I would have to wait like a week to order since I spent all my "hobby money" as the wife calls it for the week. Thanks for the teaser about the goodies. Nothing better then more cool parts
Old 05-14-2012, 06:40 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

I have alot to do to it yet but here it is in its current form. Found a hard body bronco shell I want to use and need my scale tires and rims yet plus interior and loads of other stuff. Also going to modify the cage so it angles down in the back so it is like my dads was.

Here are some pics finally!

Last edited by mgputer; 05-14-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: mgputer Build ****Now With Pics****

Good lookin rig! It's a great mix match of crawler, body an cage. I do like the idea for the rolled down cage in the back... Can't wait to see it, keep up the work. Glad to see pics up!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Default Re: mgputer Build ****Now With Pics****

Looking good bud glad to see those tires put to use lol i had em for months and never did nothing with em.
89lxmorepower is offline   Reply With Quote

mgputer Build ****Now With Pics**** - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM
Practice build before I build a real crawler. jm8881 General Crawlers 46 03-13-2005 09:21 PM