Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: new safari in with broken axle. are there upgraded axles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: new safari in with broken axle. are there upgraded axles?

The Lcc shocks are just that.. no special name.,just a 4" losi comp crawler shock.. I got a pack of 8 big bore for 55$, sold 4 for 40$.. was an ok way to go, to Get 4 shocks for 15$ never tried a stage 2 kit.. get some foams and lockers from Rmdw, some SAI tubes... Heck, all of it! LOL... Then you can use ur chassis rails mounted to the xrv2 for scale.. you won't get out crawled ever!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #62
Pebble Pounder

winneroone you wanna sell those other 4 shocks? lol. so pretty much all thermdw stuff. what do you mean xrv2? so for 70 to 80 bucks right now what sould i get to holdme over untl i can get more from rmdw?
Thumpingbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #63
Pebble Pounder

oh you mean the chassis
Old 10-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #64
Pebble Pounder

also im gettimg new smaller batteries because i realised when i was going through your thread that 4000 mah lipos are way to heave so I am going to buy 1800 mah lipos but whaat c rating should i get? i 40c enought?
Old 10-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #65
Pebble Pounder

also thanks so much winnerone23 you have been such great help and just your response time to answering questions is amazing. i wish there was a place t give you a great review on all your help.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:41 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpingbeetle View Post
winneroone you wanna sell those other 4 shocks? lol. so pretty much all thermdw stuff. what do you mean xrv2? so for 70 to 80 bucks right now what sould i get to holdme over untl i can get more from rmdw?
Love the dual disc foams in my rovers on the creeper! Other then that, all the raw aluminum on my rig is Rmdw.. I would start with foams, an the btl kit.. I guess before that, you want HR chubs, knuckles, an lockouts.. atleast the chubs an knuckles.. or if you start with lockouts an get some Rmdw stuff, you can use the spare chubs an knuckles, if you brake one till you get more money around.

If ur getting smaller Lipo, get 1300mah or smaller.. that way it fits on the btl plate from Thomas.. my Lipo keep getting smaller, I'm down to running 450mah.. my favorite for practice an run time is the 850mah 45-90c for best results, I have a couple 25-50c 850mah as well.. most say 30c or higher for best results. ALso a nice Nano-tech 1000mah 45-90c .. all my Lipo are Nano-tech..

I appreciate the thought, but helping is enough. It's what the forum is for an its how I learned when I started.. that an lots of reading!

Last edited by winnerone23; 10-07-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:29 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpingbeetle View Post
Also, I'm gettimg new smaller batteries because I realised, when I was going through your thread, that 4000 mah lipos are way to heavy. So I am going to buy 1800 mah lipos, but what C rating should I get? Is 40c enough?
What "C" to use is sorta based on the mah of the pack. The lower the mah, the higher the "C" should be. The pack "punch" is based on the mah & "C" together.

If you ran a 2000mah pack, a 30C is likely enough.
If you run a 325mah pack, 50C+ is better.

For smaller packs I usually run ThunderPower, but have heard a lot of good things on the Turnigy Nano Tech. They may be one of my next pack brands.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #68
Pebble Pounder

whats your run time on the 850 and 100mah lipos? and 40-80c should be good with a 850? im currently running 4000mah. and can run all damn day.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

MOA guys can get a 6 minute course out of a 325mah pack....that's with 2 motors.
You would get longer, sorta depends on gearing. Maybe 12 minutes or so with a single motor?
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #70
Pebble Pounder

well one motor and a 850mah should be more aaround 30min then.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Sorry bud.. I tried posting twice in the last day or two.. phone died during both! Lol...
A 850 in ur creeper should last all of half hour on then some! Went crawling yesterday an I ran 4-450mah out in two hours, Xr-10... My friend ran 2-850mah out in the same time, he started with one already used an changed one out before it was dead. So he used 3 but you get the idea... That was also in a Xr-10... I say around 45min with the creeper.. It's what I got running dig not just 4 wheel drive, added bursts an servo power used with dig...
Old 10-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #72
Pebble Pounder

OK well I ordered 2 1000mah 40c 2s figured that would be small enough to start with. And also 4 1800mah 40c 2s for my gf's rockslide super. Ill let you know how it turns out. Have a g2g next Saturday and think its a mix of trail and crawling. Can't wait. And next paycheck going to order shocks and the ckrc knuckle chubs and I think foams. And just got access to the classifieds. So know what I'm doing tonight. So went crawling today and ya really need more weight up front. Don't know how many times she rolled end over end. But not as many times and my gf. And she made it many times all the way to the bottom of the hill. Was funny. Oh and those white dot rovers made it a night and day difference. Thanks again for all the help.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #73
Pebble Pounder

So just found a place to buy wheel weights and put 6 up front and 3 in the rear. I will find out tomorrow if its too much in the back. Also I have read about the rovers to bleed them... what do they man by that, by putting a hole in the tire? If so where do I do that and doesn't that let dirt and water into the tire and get in the foam and rot it from the inside?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Take ur tire off an drill a hole in ur wheel..... I'm not a big Dan of cutting holes in tires, its ... It's not right!, for a race car or sct it let's the air out of the tire when goin fast, with a rock crawler, the air pushes in to ur wheel first.. drill holes in ur wheels... 6 an 3 will be good for what ur doin, I was 8 an 3 for a long time! Then dropped some out of the rear for crawling, with lots of setup time! As far as knuckles an chubs, I'm not sure what ckrc has, but if ur planning on moving forward with crawling, go with HR chubs an knuckles... Then if you so choose, you can run Xr-10 steering with Rmdw knuckles, when there done with testing an for sale.. my .02.. the rovers are an awesome tire! If you haven't switched foams yet, wait till ya do, its an even bigger step up, then if you get into shaving them.. look out! Crawl anything you point them at!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #75
Pebble Pounder

Dang I had the tires off last night adding the weight. Oh well I will do it tomorrow. Also I have some lcc shocks on the way now. Ya I wasn't about to put a hole in those tires.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

You will really like the Lcc shocks! Good choice... For spring less shocks, you can run the internal creeper springs inside the Lcc, with a little stretch, they work perfect!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #77
Pebble Pounder

Good I cant wait. went out today and she did really great alot betterthan last time with the extra weight in the tires. once i get those batteries in I'll velcro the battery to the frame over the servo. hopefully that will help too. also since the LCC shocks dont have a i guess you would call it a ball joint in the top how did you atttach it to your truck and not have it slide off but let it swivle still?
Old 10-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #78
Pebble Pounder

Old 10-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #80
Pebble Pounder

for some reason I can' seem to keep the front wheels on the ground when I am going up at a steeper angle the front left or front righht tire will hang in the air instead of compressing to the ground. Will those LCC shocks fix that? When it gets like that I usually flip over backwards for some reason.

Tags
axle, creeper, safari, stripped axle, venom

new safari in with broken axle. are there upgraded axles? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mounting SLW's to upgraded axle shafts! Mr Glassman Tires and Wheels 8 11-14-2009 12:17 PM
upgraded axle bearings? ittybitty Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 04-06-2009 01:29 PM