Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: My creeper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: My creeper

I like all my G-made stuff.........
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Where would I find gmade stuff for the creeper? Went to the site but no luck on creeper stuff.
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #23

I got some gmade spacers from ckrc. But they came in a junfac bag. So if you are looking for wheel spacers or hex in largers I would junfac.com. Hope this helps.
P3nland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

what would be the need for wheel spacers and/or larger hex's?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #25
RCC Addict

i mean as far as universal parts, shocks, wheels, drive lines and so forth. nothing specific to any particular make or model.

on the hexs - 12mm out side is standard, i think the shafts are larger on the creep, 6mm hole?? maybe?? And I would venture a guess that 8mm thick is about all you can do without running out of thread and having to do a widener kit.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Ok well I don't currently have plans to widen anything yet. I also plan on keeping the stock tires as I feel any added traction would just lead up to more broken parts.

I mocked up the stretched rear axle last night and it looked like a limo. So I have a new game plan. I am going to stretch the back out and shorten the front up some. It will still have a little stretch but only about 1/4" total if that.

Here is a pic of the new links I made today. Using all the creeper ends. The side plates were drilled for a new battery tray mounting position. The top links reference a stock upper link. Those are the front and rear uppers. The front uppers are stock length but rears are stretched out. If I have measured correctly I will be using the innermost top link hole on both ends of the side plates.

The bottom links are in reference to a stock lower link. The upper is a little shorter, the rear is quite a bit longer.

To test I am using an old severely beaten up stock front shaft I shortened up a bit. Those are paper clips in that thing holding it together. LoL

Still don't really know how I'm going to mount the rear shocks just yet but ill figure something out.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #27

the way the spacers work is it replaces your hex and spaces out the wheel basically..but how you secure the wheel to the axle is by a barrel nut that screws onto the existing axle shaft(i think that is what you were curious about). the reason why someone would want the hex enlargers would be to fit some larger rims/wheels.
P3nland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:42 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3nland View Post
the way the spacers work is it replaces your hex and spaces out the wheel basically..but how you secure the wheel to the axle is by a barrel nut that screws onto the existing axle shaft(i think that is what you were curious about). the reason why someone would want the hex enlargers would be to fit some larger rims/wheels.
Thanks for filling me in on that. I don't see any larger tires for this as I feel all they will do is break more stuff.

I got my stretch on last night. I'll post up a pic later. It's not close to being done just yet as I have to re-hole the body as well as replace the side plates and battery mount. It will be ready by the weekend though.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

I still have shock work as well as battery tray work to do but it will look similar to this when done.

The battery will fit into here. This is a venom 5000 mah 3S battery

Old 02-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

I'm uploading a video of my creeper as I type this. Its got the 2800 Tazer Motor and the Tazer ESC. It can crawl/bounce with the 2S battery. It can bounce/race with the 3S battery. I broke the rear pinion right at the start. I replaced the pinion with one out of my old creeper and the old gear is a much better gear then the junk I got with this kit. The junk front one is holding on for now. This thing will turn cyclones very easily and I think its more of a FOFF vehicle with the 3S in it. I also broke an old driveshaft I patched together for the front.

What does the last 2 F's stand for in FOFF?
Formula Offroad ??

I will say this. Its fast...
Old 02-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Formula off, its just shortened, not an anagram.

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express
Old 02-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

here is my brushless video. My editting skills aren't all that good but the video shows whats needed.

Venom Creeper Brushless LIPO - YouTube
Old 02-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

Well I have spun off my 3rd front driveshaft. The rear has a nice twist in the splines.
The venom pinion shaft and all is 5mm correct?

https://www.ckrccrawlers.com/j90022-...on-p-4707.html

How do you all like these? I will order two sets as I am planning a FOFF/Crawler build so they need to be able to take some abuse.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

They will do you just fine! I haven't ever used them but run mips on mine.. nothing like the confidence of a metal drive shaft..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #35
Rock Crawler

I ordered 1 set. I wanna see how they live in what I have now. After they have been run a bit I should be getting close to building the new truck.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Well, I took mine out broke the front shaft again. So I ran in 2wd. I beat on it quite hard with the 3S battery and all. It lived! I am actually impressed that it lived really. Jumping, bouncing, and lots of wheel spin trying to climb stuff. 2800KV motor too.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

So I had a Gmade driveshaft. I cut it down and put it in place. This shaft is designed to be used on pinion shafts with the hole in them. The creeper outputs and axle inputs don't have this hole. I used set screws. It actually held up. I made it back to work and decided to try to help it a little so I made these rings that should help hold the set screws in place. If this shaft lives past the next ride, I will be happy. The rear is now a junfac and it held up just fine.

I used an old bronze bushing to make this. I looked for some steel but didn't have any. I figured this was better then nothing.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

well that front shaft survived a 2S and 3S beating tonight. I think it will stay. I'm also impressed I didn't blow one of the axles out. I was jumping and bouncing under full throttle too. I am running the stock tires, they spin more then they bite so that may be why the stuff is living.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocaged View Post
well that front shaft survived a 2S and 3S beating tonight. I think it will stay. I'm also impressed I didn't blow one of the axles out. I was jumping and bouncing under full throttle too. I am running the stock tires, they spin more then they bite so that may be why the stuff is living.

i ran those tires and wheels with no foams in the snow the other day on my Bronco, worked pretty good.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #40
Rock Crawler

On the snow I can say yeahthey should work well, they also float well in sand too. I'm gonna call the 2 hills "bounty" hills. Although I did make them with the 2S battery it was just barely with 6-8 attempts. On 3S I did it in less attempts. I barrel rolled it, endoed it, and crashed it a bunch LOL. I will shoot some video of these climbs this weekend and should have a video up by sunday evening. I would say the climbs are about 10ft from bottom to top with leaves and loose dirt/sand as well as a few small ledges in them. I'll do my best to record it so the steepness is shown. I love full throttle assaults on hills!

My creeper - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
venom creeper build.....crusher's creeper crusher Venom Creeper 43 07-10-2012 05:12 AM
how do you like your creeper? looking at one m1009cucv Venom Creeper 4 05-22-2011 09:20 PM
just got a new creeper cguit Venom Creeper 7 05-20-2011 10:44 PM
Creeper Crawler conversion Safari Creeper Grumpster1980 Venom Creeper 25 02-24-2011 07:57 AM
Creeper vs AX-10 JustinThyme Venom Creeper 8 01-20-2011 06:55 PM