Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: My creeper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 07:07 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

Default Re: My creeper

I did some more chassis mods so I whited out the windows. Its kinda ghetto but it works. This video is all 3S with a 45A Tazer ESC and a 2800KV Tazer motor using the stock venom pinion and tires.

3S Brushless Venom Creeper - YouTube
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2013, 07:25 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

I am building a new crawler/FOFF rig right now. Specs are Twin Hammers Transmission, MMP, CC3800KV motor, 2S and 3S battery, Axial SCX axles, 4WS and some parts from a creeper like the lower links/rod ends and shocks. When I get this done I won't be running the Creeper like I do now. I am thinking of a monster truck basher play thing. Perhaps even open diffs for easy turning and jumping and bouncing. I also saw a Maximum Destruction body at the LHS that I may put on it. I don't care about interiors or any of that. If I do this I will need a set of Diff gears, not a ring and pinion, just the open gears inside the diff case. Anybody got a good set or two?
Old 03-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #43
RCC Addict

i actually just bought a complete rig with several sets of diff gears, all new. I don't think the truck was ever ran even once. let me figure out what i got and we can do a deal.
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #44
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docwolf View Post
i actually just bought a complete rig with several sets of diff gears, all new. I don't think the truck was ever ran even once. let me figure out what i got and we can do a deal.
sounds good I appreciate it. PM me with what you have and are willing to part with.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

Finally had to swap out the front axle pinion. Chewed it up pretty well. Also changed out the rear pinion bearings. The junfac shafts don't slide in and out very smooth and I feel they push and pull on the pinion under load. The front Gmade shaft is holding up so I may pick up one for the rear and see how it does there.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #46
RCC Addict

I wondered about those plastic shafts, the g-mades i got are the carbons, steel construction with a "D" shaped shaft. move pretty nice.
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

The front has a gmade plastic unjointed one and its living fine. The rear is the same carbon ones like you have but mine doesn't like to extend or collapse while twisting, even by hand it feels grabby. I do think it contributed to the rear pinion bearings but then again I have been hard on that rear axle so who knows really. That "D" in the carbon shaft is only about 1/4" deep on the shaft, the rest is hollow on mine.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

sounds good. Perhaps it can also be posted in the tips and tricks thread as well.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

O.K here's part #s for the berg long dog bone axle shafts #FR-02(they come in pairs)
The dog bone cup#AX30366(that's a axial#they are the same as the bergs but stronger)
The shims are from HotRacing #W5x (you'll probly need 2 pkg)

I didn't take any pics when I did Rodeo's axle it was before my build this isn't a drop in and go project.You'll have to cut the berg shafts to the rite length and regrind the flat sides to fit into the locker, the dog bone end needs to be centerd to whare the sterring knuckle screws to the axle housing.The stock venom bearing work with the new parts.
ratterd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Thank you. This will happen on mine once I tear what I have up. I have taken it back to a 45T brushed motor to use a a crawler again. I don't need the speed anymore.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:07 AM   #51
Rock Crawler

its been a while since I have posted a Creeper Video.

Venom creeper - YouTube
Old 05-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

No video in this update but I do wanna say the creeper did awesome this past weekend. I attended a scale challenge and even though it doesn't yet meet the scale requirements they let me run for fun. That was a good choice for them as the creeper kicked but!! I was running a 45t Novak motor and a 4S battery the whole time. I only went over once and it was flawless almost everywhere! I think I may make it scale somehow so I can compete for points.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #53
Rock Crawler

Well guys. So far my creeper has been a stock 55t motored crawler, a brushless beast hill runner and is back to a faster crawler with a 45t Novak motor and up to a 4S battery. Now it will become a scaler. But not just any scaler. I bought an Emax body as its close enough to work for my scale build up. The side plates and trans location will remain. Other then that it will be built with bumpers and sliders. It won't be pretty under the body. But it should perform as well if not better then the axial guys I run with. I'll post pics of my progression beginning next week.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

You are absolutely right about the slip spline on the Junfac shaft not moving easily when under torque. This wreaks havoc on the pinion and trans output bearings as the suspension travels.

They seem all nice and smooth, till you put a few hours on them.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

Yep. I am still having to use them in my other vehicle. I am running the plastic Gmade R1 stick shafts in the creeper now. They are holding up fine believe it or not.

I am making some progress on my scale creeper. Pics will be posted later.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

pics. I found all my gears were messed up from sand so a new set is on order. These gears are about a year old and have seen some serious brushless abuse so they have served well.
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

I have to open up the wheel wells a bit and it will retain the 4WS. The electronics will remain the Novak 45T with a 19t pinion, MMP, Futaba 3pm-x, 3S and 4S battery. I may buy a savox servo for it as well. Thinking the 1230 would be fine up front. Then the rear would get the lesser 300+ oz/in servo.

Battery will fit under the hood, all electronics will be under the bed. This will leave the cab area open for any interior I could imagine.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:01 AM   #58
Rock Crawler

so far its looking good. obviously still not done with the body. The Emax body came with traxxas window decals, I dont want traxxas written on it so I put them inside and when I'm done with the white backing paint I'll peel them off and should have nice clear windows. In these pics the protective film is still on the outside of the body.
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2013, 07:05 AM   #59
Rock Crawler

Gonna build a Venom Based Monster truck next. The only thing venom will be the trans and side plates and I'll build off there with a similar chassis, AR60 steering axles at both ends and some old Clodbuster wheels and tires. Would there be an issue if I started a new thread in here on this? Or is there a better place for it? I plan to use a MaxD body on it.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:43 AM   #60
Rock Stacker

Looks nice..

From my Galaxy S4
chris78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote

My creeper - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
venom creeper build.....crusher's creeper crusher Venom Creeper 43 07-10-2012 05:12 AM
how do you like your creeper? looking at one m1009cucv Venom Creeper 4 05-22-2011 09:20 PM
just got a new creeper cguit Venom Creeper 7 05-20-2011 10:44 PM
Creeper Crawler conversion Safari Creeper Grumpster1980 Venom Creeper 25 02-24-2011 07:57 AM
Creeper vs AX-10 JustinThyme Venom Creeper 8 01-20-2011 06:55 PM