Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Parts availability

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 03:34 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Parts availability

Parts seem to be getting harder and harder to get hold of. I'm living in Ireland so all my junk has to be shipped in and the Atomic shop on eBay wants $30 shipping for a diff!

HELP! Please.
Maxx_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Parts availability

you want diffs or lockers?? I got at least 2 full sets of brand new diffs that I will never use, if that is what you are after I could hook you up.
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Yeah ring & pinion, I'll take both if your price is right (pm me?). Have you any spare shafts (long and short) laying around? Might as well get them while they're still available.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
RCC Addict

wait, what exactly do you need? ring and pinion are different than the Diff housing and spider gears. all I can let go of are the diff housings (part that the rings mounts too and what carries the bearings) and spiders (gears inside the housing). I can't let go of the ring and pinions or any of my shafts ( at least not till we have a better option for shafts).
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Fair enough thanks anyway. Hope they become generally available again soon.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #6

I have a complete roller that I never use. Bought it from a friend, drove it twice and there it sits. If you're interested make me a offer.
Dezert Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezert Concepts View Post
I have a complete roller that I never use. Bought it from a friend, drove it twice and there it sits. If you're interested make me a offer.
Only interested in cvd shafts and ring/pinion sets at the moment, but if your price is good there'll be no harm in having it all. Shipping to Ireland though!
Old 06-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I have found some stuff that I think could be made to work in the creeper axles. I recently put an Axial stock 13t axle pinion in a creeper housing on a creeper ring gear and it worked. I had to take a file and remove a small ridge on the pinion to allow it to go further forward away from the ring gear but it worked. As our parts get harder to find we have to find replacements. I also recently ordered a set of Blitz wraith axles. I'm not 100% sure but they perhaps are large enough in shaft diameter to be cut down and used in our creeper axles. 4.2mm I think, thats about .8mm smaller then what we have now so its kinda iffy. The blitz axles are on ebay for about $14-15 USD each side. An SCX inner axle fits just fine into the housing to replace our short side. I have only messed with this on a bench at this point but it seems these parts can be made to work. Also keep an eye out in the classifieds section here as I just scored a set of creeper axles, both sides new for $15 shipped. I'm sure axial stock pinions are a dime a dozen. $10 new from an online store.
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote

Parts availability - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parts availability turboed13b Tamiya XC/CC01 6 03-20-2013 05:23 AM
Parts Availability stewbaru EnRoute Berg 10 08-29-2012 11:15 AM
Last minute parts availability? BlueMonster Competitions 12 05-12-2008 12:17 AM
Twin Force Parts Availability! speedknot Kyosho Crawlers 20 12-06-2005 06:27 PM
replacement Parts availability ????? T-Man General Crawlers 2 08-12-2005 10:44 AM