Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: drive pinion help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 09:49 PM   #1

Default drive pinion help

hi guys yesterday the rear bevel gear drive pinion striped a couple of teeth never had this problem on a previous creeper i owned.

the problem is that parts are getting hard to find and the few that they are still around are getting expensive.

what is the best way to fix this problem please? does the drive pinions of another rig fit the venom creeper axles?

Atomik Diff Ring and Pinion for Venom Creeper and Safari RC Rock Crawlers | eBay

25$ for shipping only!
xadowbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2014, 11:15 PM   #2

Default Re: drive pinion help

wow 30 views and not even a **** was given on that day :(
Old 01-17-2014, 07:05 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I could be that nodoby has a answer. The creeper is DCd and parts are not as plentiful as they once were.
smokinloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:49 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I may have an option. I had a stock used axial pinion gear, its 13t just like the venom is. I put it into a venom housing and reused all the old venom stuff. To make it work all I had to do was remove the gear from the shaft and file the backside bearing lip off. It all went together and spun at that point, it did feel a bit tight so with some more filing I'm sure it would work fine. I did not use it as my venom pinions have not broken due to the fact that they are 1st gen gears. 2nd gen pinions are junk.

Give the axial pinion a try, they are cheap and you can usually find them on here. If you don't have tools to work on it in this was, I can dig my stuff out of my box-o-parts and perhaps send it to you.
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:55 PM   #5

Do you think the ax 10 one will do ? They seem to be of a round shape but i will give it a try. Thanks i think i will get a pair of ax 10 axles and fit them to the creeper. My only concern thex might be narrow.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:04 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Yeah I think the ax10 stock pinions are the same, just take your time and fit them so they spin right. Yeah the scx axles are a bit narrower. You can put some wideners on them but I'm not a fan of doing that. I have an ax10 I crawl with and it's stock width and does great. If you keep your eyes peeled for venom axles, you want the ones that were made before they started using the red keepers on the axles, those have the better pinion gears.
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:12 PM   #7

thanks for the help. my friend has a a spear axial pinion he says its 13t

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

i will go a take a closer look thanks again.

drive pinion help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Helical ring and pinion gears sets with an offset pinion? Calderwood General Crawlers 6 09-14-2013 09:06 PM
Pinion/drive line angle ? OfnaJoe Axial SCX-10 7 01-14-2012 10:44 AM
AX10 MIP C Drive dig drive shafts in stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 1 12-03-2009 10:50 PM