Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Alloy diff cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2014, 05:19 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Alloy diff cases

Hey guys I've had a creeper of sorts for a few years now. I'm about to start building a scaler off a 1/6 ford hardbody. How many of you have tried the alloy diff cases? I have them in a set of venom axles and both front and rear have the remote diff lock kits. The truck will sit on 2.2 claws when I'm done. It won't be heavily powered, just mild.

Think the locking collar pins will hold up? 90% of the time the diffs will be open but it will get used and I don't do mud or water either.
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2014, 07:44 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Alloy diff cases

Run them in my axles, never had a problem. Definitely adds some much needed beef. Added mine from the initial build, so I cannot compare to the stock parts.

From what I remember, the locking pics were usually snapping as people were trying to shift on the fly. Stop fully, lock them in and ease into it and they shouldn't cause you any issues.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:34 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Alloy diff cases

yeah I have tried the stock plastic cases and what usually happened for me was they would elongate the holes in the plastic housing and just bend over. I hope the alloy cases help with that. I have a buddy who says he can add 3 more pics to it to make it a 6-pin locking unit but it would take him forever to get to them. This won't be doing much of anything wild ( I think ) so I hope they will be fine.
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote

Alloy diff cases - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tlt diff cases matt1305 Newbie General 5 11-12-2006 06:10 PM
tlt diff cases rocky Tamiya TLT Crawlers 1 12-25-2004 09:14 PM