RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Venom Creeper (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/venom-creeper/)
-   -   Venom Creeper advice needed (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/venom-creeper/542291-venom-creeper-advice-needed.html)

TrailSnail 08-09-2015 08:01 PM

Venom Creeper advice needed

I recently picked up a new venom creeper kit along with some other items in a trade. It looks like these are no longer sold, so I would appreciate any feedback on what an appropriate value for a NIB venom creeper kit is. I wasn't able to find much information online, so I thought some folks here could provide some guidance. Thanks for any help!

Nzmaximus 08-09-2015 10:25 PM

Re: Venom Creeper advice needed

Between me and my dad, we have 5 + another for spares, and they were all around $200 (used) to be honest id hold onto it for a bit, the value seems to be going up for creepers now that parts are becoming hard to find.

TrailSnail 08-09-2015 11:34 PM

Thanks for the info, I know zero about these. It seems like a nice kit but there doesn't seem to many around. If I decide to sell it, I didn't want to ask a ridiculous price or give it away either. When did they stop selling these?

Underground 08-09-2015 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrailSnail (Post 5277130)
Thanks for the info, I know zero about these. It seems like a nice kit but there doesn't seem to many around. If I decide to sell it, I didn't want to ask a ridiculous price or give it away either. When did they stop selling these?

Looks like they were disco'ed in 2011.

TrailSnail 08-09-2015 11:58 PM

I'm surprised I ended up with an unbuilt kit if it's been that long. I guess we all have some projects we never get around to! Glad to see it's not just me...

Underground 08-10-2015 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrailSnail (Post 5277141)
I'm surprised I ended up with an unbuilt kit if it's been that long. I guess we all have some projects we never get around to! Glad to see it's not just me...

I left the hobby after selling my XR10....when I came back (early this year) I was surprised to see the venom, Losi and axial crawlers went the way of the dinosaurs.

TrailSnail 08-10-2015 12:37 AM

I have an ax10 I don't really use and don't see many of those even, you're right.

C*H*U*D 06-02-2016 03:22 PM

I bought my Creeper kit when they hit $99. I figured for that price I couldn't go wrong since I already had a cheap radio sitting around collecting dust.

It's a fun truck to drive, but don't expect it to become a high dollar investment. They faded away for a reason.

makya 12-24-2016 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C*H*U*D (Post 5512555)
I bought my Creeper kit when they hit $99. I figured for that price I couldn't go wrong since I already had a cheap radio sitting around collecting dust.

It's a fun truck to drive, but don't expect it to become a high dollar investment. They faded away for a reason.

I have a few creepers too, and I've hoarded some parts over the years.

When I spoke to Venom (Atomik) about finding the manufacturer to see if it was made under any other names or if they still had any backstock, I was told that the building that the manufacturer was in had burned down, and they went out of business, so there won't be any more parts.

Nzmaximus 01-02-2017 07:32 PM

At one point venom announced that a creeper 2 was in development, which obviously didnt happen. The manufacturer going out of business would explain it.

lordraptor1 10-29-2017 01:54 AM

i just gave $80 for a nib unassembled one 2 weeks ago, it is now built and waiting on the first to get here so i can order electronics, batts, and paint :D