RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vermont (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vermont/)
-   -   Quechee Gorge (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vermont/267201-quechee-gorge.html)

Jus 08-30-2010 11:03 AM

Quechee Gorge

The bottom of the Quechee Gorge where it opens up is a great location for crawling.. Both scale and comp rigs.. I've been there several times with my wife.. WIth the dry summer we've had the river has got to be really low exposing even more rocks than I've seen before.

I'm thinking this might be a somewhat central location between us in the south and you guys up north.. Would anyone be interested in a GTG some weekend morning this fall???

mr.freeze 09-19-2010 06:13 PM

the gorge sounds good, it's about a hour and a half travel but it's a nice ride.

Jus 10-16-2010 04:59 PM

I guess everyone else hates the idea. :lmao:

Too late now anyway, all the rain we've had recently I can't imagine how insanely high and raging the river is running through the gorge.

Here is a teaser pic taken last year from up on the trail.. That's an awful lot of killer terrain for both scale and comp worthy crawlers going to waste. :flipoff:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...8/DSC00625.jpg

monkey biz 11-25-2010 07:58 AM

Man that place does not look fun at all :razz:....I wish we got a chance to get up that way this year hopefully next year we can that looks like a sweet spot. I think everyone's afraid of a little drive I don't mind doing it and I live near the seacoast.. Take it easy Jus

Jus 12-01-2010 12:21 PM

I also hope you guys get motivated and come up next year. It really is worth it. The cool part is plenty of clean shallow water to play in with those waterproofed rigs, without losing them down the river. :shock: "thumbsup"

Jus 04-01-2011 08:37 PM

It's early yet gotta let all the snow melt and wait for the river to calm down but anyone interested in having a GTG at the Gorge this summer? Some of you Northern guys can't be too far from there.

Hyde802 04-03-2011 07:31 PM

Im down. The george is about a 2 hr drive for me, but I love crawlin there.

Tcp57fd 03-04-2013 08:20 AM

Re: Quechee Gorge

I just started with rc crawling but keep me informed because I live in bethel and know of no one to crawl with just built my daughter a dingo so she could play with me lol she is only 5 but loves it

Tcp57fd 03-04-2013 08:21 AM

Lol didnt relize how old this post was lol

Jus 03-04-2013 02:15 PM

Welcome to the hobby! "thumbsup"

Nothing has come of it yet but the original intentions of this thread still stands. Maybe this year will be the year we can get something going there. It's a fairly central location that is worth the trip so we'll see.

Tcp57fd 03-09-2013 09:23 AM

Let me know I just finished a dingo for my daughter by she's 5 so her attention span in small lol in the process of building a custom rig for me

Jus 03-09-2013 12:58 PM

Good for you, bringing another generation into our great hobby along with you. "thumbsup"

One of my old posts had a pic that is a dead link for some reason so here is another pic of *most* of the gorge I'm talking about for anyone that hasn't been there before. Hard to judge the size of the area from the pic but it's a lot of terrain for an RC truck I can assure you. :shock:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...d/DSC00625.jpg

meatmonkey 03-10-2013 05:00 PM

That looks like a great spot. Let us know when the snows gone and pick a saturday. It's about a 2 hour trip for me, but it looks worth it.

Tcp57fd 03-11-2013 12:29 PM

Looks awesome when the snow melts I'm going to make myself a little tough truck course little of everything keep me busy lol yeah let me know about a date an we will see if we can get a group together

Jus 03-11-2013 03:10 PM

In the spring the river is so high that ALL those rocks are completely under water. From what I've seen in the past I'd give it at least a month after the snow melts to even consider it.

Jus 05-04-2013 07:31 PM

It's really dry right now and even the Connecticut river appears to be low. The gorge should be GTG as far as crawling is concerned. I haven't been there recently to confirm 100% on that though.

Anyone want to make plans for a GTG soon?

Tcp57fd 05-05-2013 06:03 PM

Yeah I would be up for it all depends on the time just let me know

Jus 05-06-2013 03:23 PM

I'm pretty flexible on the date so anyone that wants to go but can't just go any ol' time let us know when is a good weekend day to do it?

Tcp57fd 05-07-2013 05:55 AM

Saturday or Sunday is good for me once we pick a date I will know better

meatmonkey 05-08-2013 01:03 PM

I'm in GA this week, and the next sunday the 26th I believe is TTC in NH, so how about the next sat or sunday? The first weekend in June?