Notices

Thread: Quechee Gorge GTG May 26th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Default Quechee Gorge GTG May 26th

CANCELED due to flooding...

Last edited by Jus; 05-25-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #2

Default Re: Quechee Gorge GTG May 26th

I would love to be there, however, I work at IBM, and at night. I would be getting home about 8 am that day. I would like to be able to get together, but need a bit more advance notice. I live in Highgate, a fair distance away from Quechee, so the more advance notice the better, will be a long day for me.

What Machines do you have? I have a Wraith and a SCX-10 Jeep Rubicon.
DarenFranks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I should be good just need to check with the wife I will have an scx10
Tcp57fd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenFranks View Post
I would love to be there, however, I work at IBM, and at night. I would be getting home about 8 am that day. I would like to be able to get together, but need a bit more advance notice. I live in Highgate, a fair distance away from Quechee, so the more advance notice the better, will be a long day for me.

What Machines do you have? I have a Wraith and a SCX-10 Jeep Rubicon.
The year is young. Hopefully we can plan more GTG's this year. Vermont is such a great state for scale RC it's a shame there aren't many of us around.

I have a wraith built for crawling and hardcore trail running. Also have a stock TF2 and 3 scx-10's. A heavily modified Honcho built for crawling and trail running, a nearly stock Dingo for easier hiking trails and an OG scx-10 that has been to hell and back and is semi-retired at this point.

I have seen a pic you posted here with your rigs. The Jeep looks badass with the boggers on it.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I am planning on it. Of course, gotta check with the wife, but I am positive I will make it (she's cool).

I was planning on bringing my wraith based buggy (the gorge looks nice and technical). I will probably also throw the Twin Hammers in the back of the jeep as well, just in case.

I vote earlier the better. 9 - 10am would be perfect.
tedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

I'm good to go new to the crawling trailing thing so you guys can bring what ever you want and I will see if I keep up lol although from testing my custom chassis Is pretty versitle 9am is great
Old 05-17-2013, 06:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post

I have seen a pic you posted here with your rigs. The Jeep looks badass with the boggers on it.
I have changed those tires out, have the Hummer wheels and some older RC4WD tires on it. I know its sacrilegious to put hummer stuff on a Jeep, but they look great and function very well!
Attached Images

DarenFranks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Wife said it was cool!

Can we do 9:30am? I am driving from Winooski, so it's an 1.5 hour drive for me (leaving at 8 is way more doable, then leaving at 7:30). Even though, I will probably be up at 5:30am with my 21 month old...

Ted
Old 05-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

930 works for me really anytime I'm only 30min away
Old 05-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I'll be there about 9:30 or so with an SCX, AX-10, and creeper.

I got lucky you picked today, cause I already told the significant other that I was going to play TTC, and since that got moved to June 6th it works out well.

For those of us that have never been to the gorge, is it correct that there is an approximately 1/2 mile hike to the gorge itself from the parking area?

Can the prime crawling area be seen from the roadway?
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #11
Jus
I wanna be Dave

You were one of the people showing interest in the gtg and I knew you were planning on the ttc and when it got moved to June I figured hey perfect time to squeeze in our own play time right in state. Hah.

There is roughly a half mile hike along side the gorge to get to the bottom where it opens up and that is where the slice of crawling heaven is located. You cannot see that area from the road.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #12
Jus
I wanna be Dave

My wife and I were at the gorge yesterday. Water was a little high but still plenty of terrain. Hopefully the water level drops some more by next week. It's pretty extreme for the TF2 but it surprised me several times... Needs steel bumpers before I take it there again.. I can't believe I didn't break the plastic ones off.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Rain, rain stay away so the crawlers can play!

It's lightening and thundering up here with occasional downpour. Hows it looking down south?

I also had another Lipo die today, so I'm down to 1 4000mah and one 2200mah packs. Should be enough for a couple hours or crawling.

Sweet looking Toyota. I am looking forward to seeing one of those in person.

See you all Sunday morning.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:10 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

Thunder storms last night and yesterday will drive by gorge and look today good news is the ground is pretty dry so hope is sucks up most of the rain. I'm done to two 5000 lipo myself servo died last night had to put in my back up and I broke my esc last night too had to steal the one out of the dingo. I hope my luck changes lol
Old 05-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #15
Jus
I wanna be Dave

The water level is worrying me with the rain expected this week. Sunday still looks good on the forecast but that's not helpful if all the rocks are under water.

Tcp57fd - Friday would be a good day to check the water level if it's not a big deal for you.

You guys gotta treat your equipment better or you'll have nothing to crawl with on sunday.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

Lol cheap servos esc was my fault. Just bad luck I will check the gorge on Friday for an update early this week it looked good but there was like 20 people down there if its the spit I'm thinking. You can just see it from the rode if ur headed east right
Old 05-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #17
Jus
I wanna be Dave

I haven't been on the bridge on foot in a long time but I didn't think you could see the end of the gorge. You might be able to. Even just checking out the dam and how raging (if at all) the water is would give an indication of how screwed we might be.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

You can just see the start of the rocks if you coming from Woodstock I will go by the dam volume it easier
Old 05-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #19
Jus
I wanna be Dave

So if we get flooded out this weekend shall we reschedule(i'd like to do that regardless as Quechee is a great spot) or would you guys be up for something a little different on the same day?

Ever heard of Mt Ascutney? There is an auto road(cost $3 per person to drive up) that goes almost to the summit and there are hiking trails all over the top. Makes for very fun scale driving. It ranges from easy to extreme to need a winch to make it through.

It's a bit further for you guys up north but if you think RC follow the leader scale driving sounds like fun it could be sweet with several people. The start of the summit road is about 5 minutes from Exit 8 off I-91.

It's the type of thing where batteries come into consideration though as I've averaged 2-3 miles of driving up there just messing around.

I'm still crossing my fingers that the gorge won't get flooded out...
Old 05-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #20
RCC Addict

I'm still kinda hoping for quechee. Looks awesome! I am hoping its not to flooded, the levels are still low (compared to other years).

Just let me know!
Ted

Quechee Gorge GTG May 26th - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quechee Gorge Jus Vermont 32 05-16-2013 05:06 PM
GTG Sunday 26th Falls Park M_ENERGY South Carolina 73 02-29-2012 09:28 PM
Scaler GTG Belton 12th or 26th? STANG KILLA SS Texas 14 02-09-2011 03:41 AM
S.W.R.R.C. GTG @ transmountain Sept 26th teamvaladezhobb New Mexico 6 09-20-2010 09:37 AM
PEDERNALES - GTG - Camping Trip - Sept. 26th -27th ripper7777777 Texas 8 09-09-2009 11:15 AM