Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Vermont

Notices

Thread: Coins and Hobbies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Coins and Hobbies

Does anyone Know if Coins and Hobbies in Barre carry axial parts? I haven't been there in years and that was before I was into crawling to boot. Or is there a hobby shop anywhere in northern Vermont that carries axial parts or crawler parts in general? I would like to support local business if i can.

Thanks
Ken
opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2014, 06:19 PM   #2

Default Re: Coins and Hobbies

I know he has some kits/rtrs but not sure what he has for parts. Give him a call
BIKETROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:18 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks. I might just run down one of these days just to see whats there.

Thanks
Ken
Old 08-27-2014, 03:15 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I was just in there yesterday picking up a mini-servo to use as a shift servo for my Twin Hammers kit. He just recently started carrying Axial RTR's. I haven't seen any parts stocked yet. Only really carries parts for Traxxas stuff.

If you need stock replacement parts, I might have some. Between the fleet of 5 axial rigs I have quite a few spare parts laying around. What kind of parts do you need?
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:22 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
I was just in there yesterday picking up a mini-servo to use as a shift servo for my Twin Hammers kit. He just recently started carrying Axial RTR's. I haven't seen any parts stocked yet. Only really carries parts for Traxxas stuff.

If you need stock replacement parts, I might have some. Between the fleet of 5 axial rigs I have quite a few spare parts laying around. What kind of parts do you need?
Thanks for the heads up. I need one C hub for my ax10/honch. (I have to switch it Back and forth right now depending witch one I want to run. lol)

Hows the twin Hammer? I really want to get one or a yeti for my next rc once life slows back down and straightens out. But I'm not setup for lipo so I'm leaning towards the twin Hammer rtr as of now.

Thanks
Ken

Last edited by opie; 08-27-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:10 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I had thought that I gave away my last pair of C-hubs to a deserving kid at the East Coast Scale challenge a couple weeks ago, but low an behold I was digging through parts boxes last night and found another pair!

If you want them bad enough to come find me in central Vermont, then send me a PM and we can meet up, and maybe play with toy trucks?

Overall the Twin Hammers is great, I'm really glad I waited for the kit as it is a rather complex vehicle by design. Lots of the fasteners are very torque sensitive, meaning it would be easy to bind up the suspension with just a couple slightly overtightened bolts. I certainly wouldn't trust a kid in Taiwan to assemble it correctly. My only complaint is the slop in the sliding steering rack, which I was expecting. Next paycheck I'll be getting a St Erie steering kit to make the truck very close to perfect in my eyes.

After checking out the Yeti threads and all the Ready To Rebuild comments, I'm glad I didn't fall for Axial's marketing campaign. I even got to fondle Harley's Yeti at East Coast Scale challenge and wasn't really impressed. I feel that the Twin hammers is a better overall design, and a much better deal.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
I had thought that I gave away my last pair of C-hubs to a deserving kid at the East Coast Scale challenge a couple weeks ago, but low an behold I was digging through parts boxes last night and found another pair!

If you want them bad enough to come find me in central Vermont, then send me a PM and we can meet up, and maybe play with toy trucks?

Overall the Twin Hammers is great, I'm really glad I waited for the kit as it is a rather complex vehicle by design. Lots of the fasteners are very torque sensitive, meaning it would be easy to bind up the suspension with just a couple slightly overtightened bolts. I certainly wouldn't trust a kid in Taiwan to assemble it correctly. My only complaint is the slop in the sliding steering rack, which I was expecting. Next paycheck I'll be getting a St Erie steering kit to make the truck very close to perfect in my eyes.

After checking out the Yeti threads and all the Ready To Rebuild comments, I'm glad I didn't fall for Axial's marketing campaign. I even got to fondle Harley's Yeti at East Coast Scale challenge and wasn't really impressed. I feel that the Twin hammers is a better overall design, and a much better deal.
Thank You. But I'm really considering the xr mod for my ax 10. And putting that c hub on my honcho. I would love to do the MT Mansfield meet you were talking about but I'm to busy with my house to play with my RCs much. But one day I would like to. I really wanted to make TTC in Montpelier but just didn't have time.

Thanks for the heads up on the yeti. I like the size of the twin hammer better too. Now I"m torn between the rtr and the kit. I would like to consider Lipo and that would be a good way to go with the RTR. Are you running Lipo? I'm still running standard NiMh batteries.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:18 PM   #8
Jus
I wanna be Dave

I have a RTR Twin Hammer I'm pretty sure I'm going to sell. I've got the front locker in. Have the GCM front plate/vertical shock towers and the GCM rear 4 link truss on it.

It's a fun rig but I once again learned that I like going slow, and the twin hammer really makes you want to go fast...

Let me know if you're interested. I'd love to sell it face to face if possible. So much easier.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote

Coins and Hobbies - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coins! OTHGbronco82 Chit Chat 2 08-01-2012 06:15 PM
Old coins hende Chit Chat 2 07-27-2012 09:38 AM
help with foreign coins please hotrodsonoma Chit Chat 13 08-19-2011 03:15 PM
Obama coins slobin3d Chit Chat 24 01-08-2009 10:04 PM