Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Vermont

Notices

Thread: King of the Lighthouse - Presented by Boston Crawlers - Oct 18th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2014, 12:28 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default King of the Lighthouse - Presented by Boston Crawlers - Oct 18th

Boston Crawlers is happy to announce our 5th annual king of the hammers style event.

This is a rock race designed around the legendary King of the Hammers ultra4 race. It will be held at Chandler Hovey Park in Marblehead, MA (GPS to 5 Follet St). Registration will begin at 11:30 with the race beginning at high Noon. Feel free to show up early and get some time in on the other rocks in the park

This event is open to all competitors, 2.2, scalers, and misc. Past events have had included rigs from 2.2 comp rigs, wraiths, capable 1.9 scalers, to custom one-off rock race machines. Just be sure your rig complies the requirements found below and most importantly have fun with it.

This years race will be different than all past years. This year will be a lap style rock race. Drivers will stand on the grass while they race their trucks up and over the rock, onto the grass through some fast sections, back onto the rock etc. There will be a fair amount of fast stuff vs. technical crawling.

There will be some other tricks that we will announce at the drivers meeting, but there will be no need to run over the rocks this year, and very little running in general. There will be several trucks on the course and a few course marshals to help right rigs.

Thanks to Castle Creations, RCP Crawlers, and Axial we will have some prizes for the top finishers.

This event is Rain or Shine (with the exception of Extreme weather) please plan and dress accordingly.

I am really excited about this years event. The new style and this location will be great. As always Boston Crawlers events are Free. Come and make your claim on the BC Hammers Trophy!

The rules are posted below but the highlights are:

- This is an unlimited event. Wheeled vehicles with a track width no greater than 16"
- Terrain will be varied, over rock, and grass.
- Vehicles should be capable of crawling. A capable 1.9 scaler can make a run at it on this course.
- No pre-running will be allowed the day of the event (unless you manage to get there before us ), but the course will be open for participants to walk before registration.

BC’s King of the Crawlers 2013
OFFICIAL RULES! (there are a few but it is Lots of Fun)

Vehicle specifications:

Maximum of 16" track width
No gas or nitro power. Electric only
Must be wheel/tire powered. No tank treads, robot legs, hovercraft, etc.
Any suspension, chassis,body, drivetrain, wheel/tire combo can be used.
Any driver using a non spread spectrum radio/receiver has to list their frequency when registering.

All repairs must be completed by the driver on course i.e. no returning to starting pit.

Driving rules:

This is purely based on time unlike a 2.2 crawler competition.
Reversing does not accrue any points or penalties.
If a truck flips and can not right itself, a roll over can be administered by the driver or Marshal.
If a truck becomes stuck and can not right itself or be flipped the vehicle can be re-positioned, but must be placed in such a way that no forward progress is made. Example: if a truck becomes wedged between a rock, the driver can remove the truck and place it back on the course as long as it has not made forward progress.

With all drivers/vehicles on course vehicle to vehicle contact is allowed/expected.
- Slow vehicle? Give him a nudge or Drive over it.
- Truck cramping your style, rubbing is OK.

Any driver making malicious vehicle to vehicle contact or driver to driver contact will be disqualified from the race.

Please post any questions.
BC-Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2014, 09:50 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: King of the Lighthouse - Presented by Boston Crawlers - Oct 18th

Show us what you are going to be running for the event. I am hoping to have time to build up a Berg V2 Race Crawler. We will see if it comes together in time.

Also if you are planning on coming I ask you to check out RCORVA.com and register for the event there. Going forward we can get recognition for the events we are putting on and more exposure to the New England Scene.

Register On RCORVA Here
Old 10-01-2014, 10:18 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I'm in! I will be running my wraith unless I get something better by then lol. This sounds like a blast to me for sure! A race berg huh? Never seen that before but I hope you get it up and running in time.

I just put a set of Baja claws on in place of the ripsaws and a few other things have changed since those pics. Can't wait for this
Jcplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:39 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Registered. now to decide what motor to run. I think I will bolt up a vxl motor to my spare tranny so after I see the course I can decide if its wet/dry and the ratio of go fast areas to crawler areas.
Jcplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:44 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Looks good man. Dont make it to crazy fast. I have a photo of mine in the Massachusetts thread.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:44 AM   #6
RCC Addict

King of the Lighthouse is only 2 days away!

Our King Of The Hammers trophy is bigger then ever this year. We treat this puppy like the Stanley Cup so each year it gets a new base added and the previous winners name added. Come and Race Saturday for your chance to get you name added to it forever.

Link to Massachusetts post with some more conversation about the event

This year it has a new trick

Ohhh Shiny

King of the Lighthouse - Presented by Boston Crawlers - Oct 18th - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King of the Lighthouse - Presented by Boston Crawlers - Oct 18th BC-Brian Massachusetts 28 10-21-2014 02:40 PM
King of the Lighthouse - Presented by Boston Crawlers - Oct 18th BC-Brian Rhode Island 2 10-17-2014 12:45 AM
King of the Lighthouse - Presented by Boston Crawlers - Oct 18th BC-Brian Maine 2 10-17-2014 12:43 AM
King of the Lighthouse - Presented by Boston Crawlers - Oct 18th BC-Brian New Hampshire 2 10-17-2014 12:42 AM
King of the Lighthouse - Presented by Boston Crawlers - Oct 18th BC-Brian Connecticut 3 10-17-2014 12:39 AM