Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Vermont

Notices

Thread: Week of July 26th possible get together near lake George.?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2015, 10:21 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Question Week of July 26th possible get together near lake George.?

Hi guys

My wife and I are going to be up in Wells VT @ lake ST Cathrien for the week of July 26 threw August 2nd .
There is a waterfall that we found in New York on the way to Lake George . I will have to find the proper name but it is a beautiful waterfall with a very nice trail system . It is a awesome place to go crawling with scalers 2.2 pro or Shafty class trucks . It is down a dirt rd with a small parking lot on the left the trail is just up the road from the lot . The waterfall itself is below you when you approach it and then you can climb right down inside it and enjoy the view .. There are lines everywhere you look . One of you guys probably nows where I am talking about . I will find out the name and directions as we get closer to the dates. I am game to set up some gates and have a little day comp or trail run . I have not walked the whole trail but it looks like it just gets better as you go.
ctsami is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2015, 09:12 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Week of July 26th possible get together near lake George.?

Ok so I found the name and directions to this spot . It is called Shelving rock falls .

Here is what I found for directions :

Direction To the Shelving Rock Falls Trail

FROM LAND: Take exit 20 from I-87 the Adirondack Northway, Go east off the ramp to Rt. 9, go past the outlet malls and turn right on 149 follow 149 east past Rt 9L until you find Buttermilk Falls Road on your left (approx 5.7 miles), you will see the Black Rooster on your left at this intersection. The name of the road changes from Buttermilk Falls to Sly Pond Road to Shelving Rock Road. Follow the road about 11 miles until you end up at the Hog Town Parking Lot (Lots of Signs). Prior to entering the parking lot - Take the left hand turn front of the signs. Follow this road until you reach the bridge. Park either before or after the bridge.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:29 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I'm not sure if I have that weekend free (my daughter's birthday is the 27th), but if you picked that sunday the 28th, then I'll be there and likely bring a car full of Vermonters.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:17 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Hmm I might interested. Little far out to commit to anything right now. But I would love to go.
802coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:20 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

The 28th sounds like a good day to me . I would like to make a trail run down to the lake . I have not been past the waterfall but it looks very promising. If anyone has a Shafty or a pro truck . we could set up some gates at the waterfall ?
Old 07-17-2015, 12:03 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Hi guys
Its almost that time that we will be heading up from CT.
We are heading up on the 25th and i was thinking Sunday the 26th we would head to the trail /water fall
Say around 10:30ish .we can start in the parking lot just past the trail and small stream on the left .
we can drive the rc trucks down the trail to the waterfall or to the lake . i will bring my shafty and 2.2 truck if anyone would like to run some gates at the waterfall .
Old 07-23-2015, 07:42 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

We will be heading up tomorrow instead of sat . as of right now we are still going to go on sunday unless it is pooring .. A little rain and we are still going to go for it .. It is very hard to get service where we are so i will be unable to get online and see if there is anyone going to come. My phone # 860-462-7340 if i dont answer just leave a message and i will get back to you as soon as i get service .
Thx
Dan P

Week of July 26th possible get together near lake George.? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crystal Lake Comp April 26th!!!! Tgreer Arkansas 1 04-15-2014 09:57 AM
In St. George this week Getrag Utah 0 04-12-2011 10:24 PM
Comp 3# at Beaver Lake march 26th ROCKEDUP RICKY Arkansas 7 03-27-2011 04:01 PM
head count for point series comp on july 26th twistedone Michigan 7 07-25-2009 12:14 AM
ECRC July 26th comp at Southford Falls crawlinghulls Connecticut 2 07-24-2008 09:26 AM