Old 06-11-2020, 06:27 PM   #1

Default Anyone still crawling in VT

Looking for some scalers to ride with anyone out there interested? Southern Vt
Cmays is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2020, 04:05 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Anyone still crawling in VT

I’m way up by Canada. Idk if your on FB or not but people go to wallingford? Quite a bit. Check out vt crawler and northeast rc’s if you are on Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
802coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:14 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I'm in NH, but I hang out with the VT crawler guys from FB a lot. Wallingford is a fun place, I'll be going there again soon. Headed over to Cascade Falls (Mt Ascutney) tomorrow if your interested. There's a post in VT crawler about it.
andymac0035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 06:25 AM   #4

Hey thanks for the info. No I dont do social media so makes it hard meeting up with folks. Im only about 40 minutes from wallingford. Wear abouts those fellows crawl White Rocks?
Old 06-13-2020, 07:05 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

There's actually a bunch of us vermonters playing with toy trucks, we're just a bit spread out and disorganized. I'm in west topsham and have a hunch of stone walls to play on. There pretty tricky for the most part, but drivable with anything more capable than a class 1 type of truck and enough patience. Anyone is welcome on any weekend to come play toy trucks. Send me a pm for details.

RCEC usually hosts an event almost every month, but the stupid covid has ruined that lately. Make sure you make time in August to attend shred the ledge at field and forest in NH. It's easily the most difficult event on the east coast and takes several hours to complete. Toy trucking on some of the most difficult 1:1 terrain there is. There's usually 60+ people there and it's just a great family friendly atmosphere where noone is really trying to win, everyone is just trying to help one another finish. Hopefully see you there, if not sooner.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 10:09 AM   #6

That sounds like great stuff. I have a river spot with some ledge more as it gets dryer threw summer. Thought about going up and checking out Dorsett caves where full scalers go. Also have a co worker I just got hooked so we would be up for a crawl session. Not against driving for good crawling
Old 06-13-2020, 05:30 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I’m gonna try to have more of a presence here in the forum now. FB is just getting annoying lately. Still use it cause of the business (Green Mountain RC) but I can try to relay info here in the regional sections on when and where events are.

RCEC does have a website. See it’s still 2019 schedule but that could be due to Covid. I know ledgestock in NH (what meatmonkey was referring too) is still on for this year. I’ll start a thread on it here tonight actually.

https://rcecmedia.wordpress.com/events/

Also in cholchester Mikes auto was running cars and coffee type event once a month. Bring a rig, might have the crawler course on the trailer out to use. Coffee, donuts. More off a hangout and get people together.

The group that supports Mikes a lot is Chittenden County Crawlers based out of Westford VT they held a winter series indoor comp last winter. This year me and mikes are helping to bring a weekend type event either in Westford or Montgomery...maybe both.

Another northern group is 518 Crawlers out of Champlain NY. 10 mins from the Alburgh/rouses point bridge. They have a indoor facility and just acquired some acreage for outdoor stuff. I’ve been working with them and Greg from Lake City Hobbies in Plattsburgh to have some events to promote the hobby. I’m actually heading to 518 next weekend to check out some of the outdoor stuff and brainstorm ideas up.

802coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 06:41 PM   #8

Thanks for all the helpful info fellows. Look forward to doing some crawling and meeting new people.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:13 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymac0035 View Post
I'm in NH, but I hang out with the VT crawler guys from FB a lot. Wallingford is a fun place, I'll be going there again soon. Headed over to Cascade Falls (Mt Ascutney) tomorrow if your interested. There's a post in VT crawler about it.

i live like a mile from mt ascutney, would like to know of some good spots if people go there!

LJ802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:32 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Just take the toll road to the top and pick a direction, there all pretty good.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Anyone still crawling in VT - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rock crawling vet, new to rc crawling. LowLock Newbie General 3 02-23-2011 07:53 AM
New to RC crawling old to real crawling need help Longgun101 Newbie General 9 11-11-2009 07:05 AM
anyone crawling near vegas going to be crawling on monday or tuesday? KILLER KRAWLER Nevada 4 08-09-2009 08:07 PM