Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Vermont

Notices

Thread: Hobby/RC Shops in vt?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Hobby/RC Shops in vt?

Looking for local places to get parts rather than the on the internets. So far, the only one I found was the Coin and Hobby on main street in Barree. Picked up a steering servo from them. Tried to go to the one in Lebanon NH, but apparently they closed.

Where else is a good place to go?
Hyde802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
BJK

Coins and Rob-Me's sucks they never have anything in stock no crawler stuff and prices are kind of high. I think there is a place in Rutland but have never been there. I just stick with CKRC.
BJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:10 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Rutland is kinda of a haul for me. Ckrc is where I have been getting my stuff from.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:39 PM   #4
Jus
I wanna be Dave

I've been to the place in rutland, can't remember the name.. Has a lot of mainstream Traxxas and HPI R/C's.. He'd never heard of a rock crawler the last time I was there. Prices very high on vehicles but does appear to have large inventory of parts.

I swear I just went by the one in Lebanon a month ago or so.. Are you aware that they moved to a new location? I believe it was last year.. They are now in the little plaza across from the Powerhouse Mall.

Last edited by Jus; 10-16-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I didnt know they moved... I was in leb today too. Ill look for it next time im there. Thanks!
Old 10-31-2010, 06:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde802 View Post
Looking for local places to get parts rather than the on the internets. So far, the only one I found was the Coin and Hobby on main street in Barree. Picked up a steering servo from them. Tried to go to the one in Lebanon NH, but apparently they closed.

Where else is a good place to go?
Just over the border in West Lebanon in the strip senter across from the Powerhouse Mall. They sell a lot of Traxxas and have lots of parts in stock. There's another in Claremont, NH as well.

Carl
carlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #7

I know this is a little late but i just wanted to say watch what you buy from the one in leb. sone items are sold for a good prce but some he overcharges mega. I have not been in there for a little while but they have little to no knowlege of crawlers. they are great with the items they sell and are very knowlegable in the traxxas department, but it stops there. atleast that has been my experience with them.
Lothar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

They opened another in Claremont? Thought they moved to west leb in the mid 90's. They did just move in the past couple of years again, closer to the plazas. Mikes in rutlans seems to have whatver is popular or horizon sotcks. Coins And hobbies didnt seem bad when I went ther ein Dec, but no crawler stuff, St J used to be awesome till Ray got out and sold it to a helicopter guy. I have been Going to Rt106 in Pembroke Nh or Hobbytown in Manchster, and they is one in Nashua which has been around forever and has a good inventory. Just my 2 cents.
sickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #9
BJK

so is RC toy box in ST Jay open again? If so is it in the same place?
BJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:02 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

No, not for a couple years now. After The guy who bought it killed it, it took the oval guys a while to get a track again, but everone else was left hangin.
sickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:15 PM   #11
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Not that he ever had much to begin with but apparently the guy in Claremont NH is getting out of RC.

So is there actually a decent hobby shop in all of VT?

At this point I need to drive to Pembroke, NH to find a good shop. Kinda sad. Good group of guys down there that have an informal rock crawling club that I've been going to GTGs for a couple years. It'd be quite a trip for most of you northern VT guys though.

Oh I almost forgot to mention I was just at the shop in Lebanon last weekend and he's growing ever so slowly.. Said he's been selling some Axial products but still doesn't stock any parts.

Last edited by Jus; 03-22-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Was in southern VT for a wedding a few weeks ago and stopped at Mikes Hobbies in Rutland.

Nice guy, large shop, good selection of HPI and Traxxas vehicles and parts. No crawler anything though, bummer. Lots of trains, static models, slot cars and even Boyscout and Girlscout items.

Picked up a body and some odds and ends for reasonable prices. He was willing to dicker on a few items, like this Lexus hat my GF had to have. He had an HPI 5B on display that I practically drooled over.

Too bad it isn't closer or I could cut down on the internet purchases.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #13
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
Was in southern VT for a wedding a few weeks ago and stopped at Mikes Hobbies in Rutland.

Nice guy, large shop, good selection of HPI and Traxxas vehicles and parts. No crawler anything though, bummer. Lots of trains, static models, slot cars and even Boyscout and Girlscout items.

Picked up a body and some odds and ends for reasonable prices. He was willing to dicker on a few items, like this Lexus hat my GF had to have. He had an HPI 5B on display that I practically drooled over.

Too bad it isn't closer or I could cut down on the internet purchases.
He still doesn't have anything to do with crawlers? Figures. I guess I haven't missed anything by not going there in a long time.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Hobby/RC Shops in vt?

The guy at Mike's- maybe Mike?- I dunno, gives me the creeps. I went in there and asked if he carried any replacement motors and he stared at me very strangely for a long time before telling me they didn't. Then he followed me around the store. Strange. I'm over 40 and a former cop- not like I'm some punk he's thinking would pocket some stuff. Big money for anything there- I don't think MSRP on everything is a viable business model for stores with the internet available and the Chinese companies selling direct.
The place in Claremont is no longer. The guy there was strange too- maybe I'm just too sensitive about people creeping me out. He tried to turn anything I said into an arguement. "Do you plan to stock the venom creeper" was all I said and he rattled on for 35 minutes, ending on political rhetoric.
The place in Leb- never open when I'm in town. Short hours are a bad idea for a hobby shop. The one time I got in there, they didn't have anything of interest. A hand full of kits, mostly outdated and expensive.
I considered doing R/C out of my business, but I'd get tired of people whining about prices and buying straight from China anyway. :( There's no money in R/C shops unless you are large and in a metro area.
MuddyOval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #15
Jus
I wanna be Dave

That's funny.. Last time I was in there (Rutland) he practically ignored me the whole time until I approached the counter and asked him a question.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:21 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Has the hobby shop situation in our small state improved at all in the last several years? I know Mike's Auto in Colchester is decent, but there never open when I find myself that far from home.

Place in Rutland is closed, Coins and hobbies stocks like 3 axial parts and some Traxxas basher parts which doesn't do me much good.

Any other hobby shops hiding in VT?

Is there any in the west Lebanon area? Google gives conflicting info.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote