Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: Kamikaze practicing. NO need to debate about the rules here guys.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
Agreed, for us too.

Gate straddle is gate starddle no matter what the angle.
X2. Our club would have called it a gate as well.

The whole outside/inside talk is BS. If the diff. pumpkin/axle crosses over a gate marker while the wheels are touching the ground then it's a straddle, regardless of the position of the actual truck. What if there had been a small cone instead of a tennis ball, then his rear axle would have hit it, would it not? Just my .02.

Regardless, nice skills Kamikaze.
'04 Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2008, 03:10 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations View Post
No CJ, we do not call that since your tires are not straddling the gate and your axle is not over the marker either. We are not even discussing that, so please quit just trying to stir more rules BS

:?

dude relax!! i am not trying to stir up any bullshit! why you jumping on me? This didn't even happen in the comp. i am merily asking a question to help myself further understand. when someone says there is an imaginary line going to the moon, in one instant but not the other.

i have found myself mis understanding rules alot coming from 1:1 were the rules are similar but way off. i just want to understand!

sorry for any inconvenience!!
rockbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:28 PM   #63
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
I don't want to sterilze this sport from all fun, creativity, and imagination.

As long as its within the rules;)
I wish someone would sterilze your mouth cause you talk to much. :-P

Last edited by PROTOTYPE; 07-22-2008 at 08:16 PM.
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:46 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

considering jeff did that after 10-15 beers i'd give it to him, lol
tat2INDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:59 AM   #65
I wanna be Dave

I always thought if all 4 tires pass through the gate the Dir. they are suppost to go With out hitting them. It's all good.

What if your driving through the gate on an Off Camber Course. As you get the front end through our rearend slides out and makes your Front and rear tire split the one cone. You don't hit it and are able to Front burn your way out. I've seen these done before without being called. Its the same thing Kam. Did just happens to be one front tire and one rear tire. Instead of both Rear tires.
Attached Images

run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:39 AM   #66
RCC Addict

All 4 tire/wheels went throught the gate in the intended direction as stated in the rules. 'GATE CLEARED'.

Is it a 'gate' when you methodicaly clear a gate when you do it in reverse? NO.
Then going through that same gate sideways should not be called a gate either. NO tire/wheel touched the gate at any time......
(yeah, I thought this up all by myself)
Da Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:38 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
I always thought if all 4 tires pass through the gate the Dir. they are suppost to go With out hitting them. It's all good.

What if your driving through the gate on an Off Camber Course. As you get the front end through our rearend slides out and makes your Front and rear tire split the one cone. You don't hit it and are able to Front burn your way out. I've seen these done before without being called. Its the same thing Kam. Did just happens to be one front tire and one rear tire. Instead of both Rear tires.
What you are describing is a different animal. the problem that exists with jeffs run is that his axle went over the gate making it a straddle. in your description no axle broke the plane. just imaginary line from front wheel to back wheel or body like i was describing earlier.

with the axle of the truck weather it be front or rear going over a cone and not hitting it makes it a straddle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hermit View Post
All 4 tire/wheels went throught the gate in the intended direction as stated in the rules. 'GATE CLEARED'.

Is it a 'gate' when you methodicaly clear a gate when you do it in reverse? NO.
Then going through that same gate sideways should not be called a gate either. NO tire/wheel touched the gate at any time......
(yeah, I thought this up all by myself)
again same thing. if his rear axle would not have gone over the gate it would have been a clean gate forward reverse sideways or even upside down. it doesn't matter.

IMO i believe that the problem with this instance is that his rear axle went over the gate.

After watching this clip several more times and looking at some pics other people froze i do agree this should have been called a gate IF infact it was done in a comp.

it would be the same as someone pulling up to a gate forward but going to far and crossing the plane of the gate with their front axle then backing up. they still broke the plane with their axle and would be given a gate pen. Tires can pass a gate but not an axle.

Last edited by rockbound; 07-23-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:52 AM   #68
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:

Green=Gatemarker
Red=Outside Gatemarker
White=Between Gatemarkers
Blue=Front of Gatemarkers
Yellow=Back of Gatemarkers

I personally like the thinking it took to figure it out. I don't want to sterilze this sport from all fun, creativity, and imagination.

As long as its within the rules;)
This zone definition is your opinion Fishy, that's not in the rules.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:09 AM   #69
support@rc4wd.com

Name:  betweengates.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  71.1 KB

Wouldnt this be a better interpretation ?
roborg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:14 AM   #70
PapaGriz Yo

Isn't "outside" everywhere?
If you go outside of your house, can't you be in front of the house, next to the house, behind the house, or on top of the house, and still be "outside of the house"?
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:29 AM   #71
Rock Crawler

Semantics: The study of the meaning of words.

• 7.3.2 - If a wheel touches any object outside of a gate as the other wheel from the same axel passes
through a gate it is considered a straddle, a Gate Marker penalty is assessed.

Semantics is all this is. We know when we read this rule that the word "wheel" also implies the tire. In the same way we know that if the axle crosses over the gate with both tires touching the ground you have just "staddled" a gate. It makes no difference what direction it happens or in what zone your tires are in.

How do we know that? Simple, it would have to be specified in the rules. Which it is not.

Clean up the wording and "fix" the rule if need be, but don't argue that its not a gate penalty (it has to be called a penalty or you can drive perpindicularly over any set of gates , roll back over a previously cleared gate , and any number of any other situations that have always been penalties and should remain that way).
grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:42 AM   #72
RCC Addict

Nice driving BTW, KAMAKAZI.

That looked way COOL...Put your chest out, head up, and say...I am proud of what I did.
Da Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:57 AM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by grover View Post
Clean up the wording and "fix" the rule if need be, but don't argue that its not a gate penalty (it has to be called a penalty or you can drive perpindicularly over any set of gates , roll back over a previously cleared gate , and any number of any other situations that have always been penalties and should remain that way).
Eggsachary...
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:21 AM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Ever since last year...I go by whats actually written in the rules.

If the Judges at Nationals didn't call a reposition on a driver because it didn't say anything about using your foot then I am not going call it diffrently than its written.

If the rule needs to be re-written or clairfied thats cool. My arguement was never what thought the rule should be.....only what it says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4
Isn't "outside" everywhere?
If you go outside of your house, can't you be in front of the house, next to the house, behind the house, or on top of the house, and still be "outside of the house"?
True....but in this case outside has to be limited some how or no matter where drove it would be a penelty
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:42 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave

this really is confusing, i just keep reading the rules and looking at the pics, and the way the rules are written there is definitely some gray area with the fact that the other tire has to be passing through the gate AT THE SAME TIME.

with the way the rule is written you can straddle gates all over the place and not legally be called a gate if your other tire isn't in the gate.

i think this needs looked into further.
?
Old 07-23-2008, 12:13 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Green=Gatemarker
Red=Outside Gatemarker
White=Between Gatemarkers
Blue=Front of Gatemarkers
Yellow=Back of Gatemarkers
Can we do this in shades of gray for us color blind folk.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:16 PM   #77
Quarry Creeper

Anytime people start breaking out their paint programs, you know that it is going to be one heck of a good thread.

Great driving Jeff. The vid left me grinning.

I am inspired to set up a similar gate at home and practice the heck out of it. That's what this hobby is all about right? Having fun with our trucks?
Phatmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:22 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

ok i fill as if one axle drives over or breaks center line of gate marker in any way shape or form, its done gate peanlty move on. we all know there is a grey area lets not abuse it and keep it clean..
maro69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by maro69camaro View Post
ok i fill as if one axle drives over or breaks center line of gate marker in any way shape or form, its done gate peanlty move on. we all know there is a grey area lets not abuse it and keep it clean..
i couldn't agree more!
Old 07-23-2008, 03:22 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatmac View Post
That's what this hobby is all about right? Having fun with our trucks?
I remember when it used to be........
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote