Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: Kamikaze practicing. NO need to debate about the rules here guys.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 03:39 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
I remember when it used to be........
I'm sorry but that is just hilarious coming from the guy that grabbed his rig, a friend with a camera, and went back to film a questionalble gate attempt after the fact. You can say what you want, but I think most people it's pretty clear that this whole thread was started to create an argument.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2008, 04:59 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
I'm sorry but that is just hilarious coming from the guy that grabbed his rig, a friend with a camera, and went back to film a questionalble gate attempt after the fact. You can say what you want, but I think most people it's pretty clear that this whole thread was started to create an argument.
Actually, why don't you ask the people that where there. I just thought it was cool. Have you seen me make a stink about it?? I never thought twice about it being controversial. I have never seen a call like that as a gate.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:29 PM   #83
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Actually, why don't you ask the people that where there. I just thought it was cool. Have you seen me make a stink about it?? I never thought twice about it being controversial. I have never seen a call like that as a gate.
ok so if you where judging and this came across, would you call gate or not?
maro69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:34 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Actually, why don't you ask the people that where there.
No need.

Quote:
I just thought it was cool. Have you seen me make a stink about it??
Why? You didn't make the same move during your run, you did it afterward and filmed it.

Quote:
It helps if you do it the 1st time..............
Mabey not a stink but you are defending the legality right here below.

Quote:
It my have, but all 4 tires went through in the intended direction, the straddle rule is for when less than 4 tires go though the gate.
Not at this comp or obviously many others around.

Quote:
I never thought twice about it being controversial. I have never seen a call like that as a gate.
Really?

Quote:
Well, have I made it to rules committee again yet????
It was a cool move, no doubt. I've seen similar moves pulled off in competition without any question of a gate penalty.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:21 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by maro69camaro View Post
ok so if you where judging and this came across, would you call gate or not?
No I wouldn't. As a matter of fact I made a call similar to this when I judged 2.2 at nats.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:06 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
just for clearification this wasn't attempted in the comp, he didn't try this line in the comp. it wasn't a questionable gate attempt at the comp, it was someone showing a possible line through a gate after the comp after he thought about a different way to run the gate.

what kind of argument was it meant to start? everyone has interpretations of the rules, this just helps to clear them up.

i think this was a very useful thread.
rockbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:13 PM   #87
'08 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbound View Post

i think this was a very useful thread.
I agree but I would love a final and definitive answer. There is a good chance I am judging at Nationals, I know what I would have called in this situation but I need to know what the "official" call would be in case something like this might arise.
Just Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:26 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

You guys have never went back after the comp to try a gate that you screwed up on or a gate that everyone had trouble with?

And I seriously doubt Sven would ever start an argument on purpose........do you know him? He is one of those that I could call a penalty on and he would just let it go if I argued with him.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:26 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You can say what you want, but I think most people it's pretty clear that this whole thread was started to create an argument.
Actually, the WHOLE point of this thread was to point out what can be done with REAR DIG.

Had nothing to do with Kamikaze straddling a gate.
SVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:27 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uqxo1SKB0z8
Old 07-23-2008, 08:28 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Sure.................

Kamikaze just loves to stir the pot.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:33 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVEN View Post
Actually, the WHOLE point of this thread was to point out what can be done with REAR DIG.

Had nothing to do with Kamikaze straddling a gate.
I was there. It was a cool move. If I remember correctly....we was all just playing with toy trucks!
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:38 PM   #93
support@rc4wd.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer4Life View Post
I was there. It was a cool move. If I remember correctly....we was all just playing with toy trucks!
Thats what I remember
roborg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:48 PM   #94
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:

Thats the best part of this whole thread.....
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:56 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Dang that black guy does a good Jackson impression.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:58 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Just stick a Wire Flag in the center of the Gate. It the Wire Flag or Gate. Points.......
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:55 AM   #97
I wanna be Dave

I love how when any discussion about a rule comes up people start pulling the "we are just playing with toy trucks" card. If you want to play with a toy truck, fine go to a get together.

For others, many of the people posting in this thread, it is more than that. It is competition.

There is often a considerable amount of money on the line, not to mention sponsors that drivers are expected to do well in front of. That being the case, it is no longer just playing with toy trucks, it is a real competition. Can you have a competition without rules? Do gray area rules slow the process and create conflict? Sure do, I have seen it more than a few times.

This video did indeed show a loophole in the rules. One that needs to be closed in my own, and at least a few others opinions that have posted here.
If it is not, the possibility exists for conflict during a comp. There are people asking for specific clarification of a rule so that they themselves can judge people accurately.

OK fine, you guys did not post this to bring this loophole to light. Regardless it did, and now we have to deal with it.

If you guys were just screwing around and showing what dig can do. Why didn't you try it a few more times until the gate was indeed cleared without questiuon of the straddle penalty? Jeff is a good enough driver that I'm sure he could have done it.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #98
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

If you guys were just screwing around and showing what dig can do. Why didn't you try it a few more times until the gate was indeed cleared without questiuon of the straddle penalty? Jeff is a good enough driver that I'm sure he could have done it.

Because we were just messing around, it was not something we were really paying attention to. It was not even noticeable with the naked eye, only when re-played on video (didn't see it again until it was posted here). Which I am sure is the case with many other sports.

Do we need to have instant replay for our judges? I sure hope not, cause it would be a major pain in the butt.
SVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:04 PM   #99
Quarry Creeper

IMO this is another "loophole" rule that needs to be adressed, soon!! As long as the out come of this thread is rule clarification,........ great! .......That was definitely a great show of line choice and driving skills on Jeff's part!........ The fact that this is now "history",...... hopefully...... makes us move forward towards "preventing" this from being used in an actual comp! .........I personally would be "PISSED" if I lost, to the exact same move in a comp!.............
axelsnapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:52 AM   #100
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelsnapr View Post
IMO this is another "loophole" rule that needs to be adressed, soon!! As long as the out come of this thread is rule clarification,........ great! .......That was definitely a great show of line choice and driving skills on Jeff's part!........ The fact that this is now "history",...... hopefully...... makes us move forward towards "preventing" this from being used in an actual comp! .........I personally would be "PISSED" if I lost, to the exact same move in a comp!.............
HOOOORAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Da Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote