Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: Crawl Or Die 2009

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Crawl Or Die 2009

Check out a preview of the full length DVD due out in 2009!!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=42546647

I'd love some feedback...what you'd like to see...what terrain...comps...extreme climbs....we are shooting now and want your input!!
Dr. Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2008, 04:12 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Neat. You have some good editing skills. You should travel to one comp from each of the major clubs / associations in TN/ GA/ AL and shoot it for your video.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

A combination of 2.2 National major events. Scale events like the Scale Nationals. Interviews of the all top people in both competitions. Good music but not dominating.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:25 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

great footage so far man! being the scaler fan i am, i would love to see some awesome scale footage, you know, the have to look 3 times to figure out its not 1:1 kinda thing! of course i enjoy watchin the comp rigs too so... only thing i would change is the music, i'm down for some hardcore stuff, but i know some people may not be, so something that is a little less distractive would probably make it more entertaining. just suggestions though. but u do have good editing skills keep it coming!
rednekcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Kool vid dude,love the music also!.
vipxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:20 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the feedback fellas!! I will take all the advice and put it to good use!! Keep it comin...we wanna hear more!
Old 09-10-2008, 10:07 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

btw, ever thought about filming at Wheelin in the Country in summertown or Wooley's Off Road, they're the places we usually wheel our 1:1's and four wheelers, you'll have all the obstacles the 1:1's have. just a thought. i took my scout scaler last time i went but it poured the entire time we were there and my elec.s aren't waterproof so no footage
Old 09-10-2008, 10:22 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednekcrwlr View Post
btw, ever thought about filming at Wheelin in the Country in summertown or Wooley's Off Road, they're the places we usually wheel our 1:1's and four wheelers, you'll have all the obstacles the 1:1's have. just a thought. i took my scout scaler last time i went but it poured the entire time we were there and my elec.s aren't waterproof so no footage
Sure haven't...where is this at?
Old 09-10-2008, 10:34 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Wheelin in the Country is in Summertown, outside Columbia, Tn (not sure) and Woolys is maybe a 20 minute ride from there. heres the link to wheelin's directions page. http://www.wheelininthecountry.com/directions.html

and here is woolys website, click on location to get directions
http://www.woolysoffroad.com/

wheelin has more sandy kind of soil, and woolys is more sticky mud kinda soil. both places have bookoos of rocks. extreme 4x4 tests there rigs at both these places

oh and wheelin is 700+ acres, woolys 500+ acres
Old 09-10-2008, 10:43 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednekcrwlr View Post
Wheelin in the Country is in Summertown, outside Columbia, Tn (not sure) and Woolys is maybe a 20 minute ride from there. heres the link to wheelin's directions page. http://www.wheelininthecountry.com/directions.html

and here is woolys website, click on location to get directions
http://www.woolysoffroad.com/

wheelin has more sandy kind of soil, and woolys is more sticky mud kinda soil. both places have bookoos of rocks. extreme 4x4 tests there rigs at both these places

oh and wheelin is 700+ acres, woolys 500+ acres
Holy crap...I'll deff be filming there. Do you guys wanna plan a GTG soon and get some RC footage!
Old 09-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

i would be game, if i had enough notice since its a pretty good little drive for me. i kinda know darren, the owner of wheelin, i usually spend some time chatin with him everytime we're there, so i may be able to talk him into lettin us us the park for little or no cost, or maybe not i dont know. worth a shot though. i dont know the guy that owns woolys at all though, but he maybe willing for the publicity?
Old 09-11-2008, 06:03 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Whats youre setup? Nice video
Haziza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:22 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haziza View Post
Whats youre setup? Nice video
AX10
Novak Crawler
Novak 55
Spektrum High Torque Servo
Custom Suspension
Nashkill 4 Link

Pretty basic stuff!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Close-up "stop-motion" type clips are awsome.

Sick footage and a spot on soundtrack!
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:08 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane_744 View Post
Close-up "stop-motion" type clips are awsome.

Sick footage and a spot on soundtrack!
Thanks bro! Appreciate the feedback!
Old 09-13-2008, 06:39 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

just a thought, look at the view counts for other videos on the site, if they have thousands of views, watch them and try and see if there is a common thread with them.
look at all facets music,camera angles,editing.
last but not least, give your brothers and sisters at RCC first dibs, I'm in for a copy.
make it good and don't make sucky sequels.
me, I go more for the scaler vids

Last edited by flatfender; 09-13-2008 at 06:50 PM.
flatfender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:23 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Nice! Aesome vid. The slow-mo rollover down the concrete embankment was killer. Like a first-person view. Sweet.

BTW, What song is that, and who is it by? I usually keep up on metal but there are so many bands that have popped up in the last few years it's hard to keep track of them all.
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:27 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

You plan to sell this? Have you gone through the process for using and selling the music in the video legally?

If you plan to market this stuff.... get away form the teeny-booper website of myspace. Get your own website. They are cheap. That is if you really want to sell it.

I could only handle about 30 seconds of it. I HATE metal. If you like it great, but most of the masses don't care for it, or understand it. You have to sell it to everyone, not the 30 people that care for that music.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:00 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
You plan to sell this? Have you gone through the process for using and selling the music in the video legally?

If you plan to market this stuff.... get away form the teeny-booper website of myspace. Get your own website. They are cheap. That is if you really want to sell it.

I could only handle about 30 seconds of it. I HATE metal. If you like it great, but most of the masses don't care for it, or understand it. You have to sell it to everyone, not the 30 people that care for that music.
That is just a preview, thrown together to show some potential shots and to dig up some interest. The actual video is a lot different and a lot more "user friendly". All of the music in the actual video will be done by local artists and thus the rights and respective royalties will be taken care of. Myspace is one of the three main demographics that we will eventually market to, leaving one of the worlds largest e-based networking communities untouched would be dumb on our part. We will be hitting print, on-line communities as well as events prior to its release and have a web site under way as we speak. Thank you for your input, we appreciate it all!
Old 09-15-2008, 05:55 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Have you seen Tamiya101.com and how they do theirs? I find there videos as some of the best/most fun videos to watch. They spend months and months making a video. They have also gone through all the issues for using music and what not. Great guys too.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote