Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: 2.2 Comp Action - Hobbytown USA Westminster Colorado

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 08:34 PM   #1

Default 2.2 Comp Action - Hobbytown USA Westminster Colorado

Long vid, various 2.2 Comp action on single course, hit 'HQ' for better quality...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFZHSBf5b2A

More vids in profile, enjoy!
kgreggbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

All those fantastic rock formations formed naturally in Colorado, and you have to comp on busted up concrete?
syber70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:30 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by syber70 View Post
All those fantastic rock formations formed naturally in Colorado, and you have to comp on busted up concrete?
Cold as hell this time of year. You wanna try go for it. This is a nice place that all the Denverite can play in a controlled scene.

I just can't believe they are letting Kris judge. lol
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:02 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

cool vid looks lie you guys had fun
ryan48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by syber70 View Post

Who said anything about 'you have to...'?

No one 'had to' do anything.
kgreggbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:29 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Now, don't get all angry on me...

I lived in Colorado for 16 years, and I miss it dearly... here in Florida, about all we can comp on is busted up concrete. I just found it ironic, that out there, you would set up a section of busted up concrete to run on, when the rest of us out here would die to be able to run the rock formations that you have occuring in nature out there.
syber70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Most of are comps are ran in "natural" rock. Just depends, there are a ton of fun places to crawl here in CO.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #8
No idea what I'm doing

I've only spectated at one comp, but this video makes me wonder.....should judges be allowed to comment and give advice on how a competitor runs his/her line? I know people get excited watching, and everyone likes to be a backseat driver, but I would think the only job of a judge is to evaluate and score the run, not advise. Am I wrong?
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:45 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I've only spectated at one comp, but this video makes me wonder.....should judges be allowed to comment and give advice on how a competitor runs his/her line? I know people get excited watching, and everyone likes to be a backseat driver, but I would think the only job of a judge is to evaluate and score the run, not advise. Am I wrong?
I think it depends on the situation, a little advice here and there cant hurt, but if they are basicly telling me or someone else how to run the course every step of the way then i think that is pushing it.

I also think that if a judge helps one person but not another due to rivalry or he/she is an ass (rcracer11- if any one here knows what happened) its wrong, if you help one person you are obligated to help everyone after that.
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:30 PM   #10
Holdin my 40oz.

This is the judge in that video and in response to the comments you heard me giving, I only gave them to the drivers that I felt could benefit from the advice as we had quite a few newer drivers at that comp. I think it's one of the great things about our local crawling group, we try to help out the newbs to keep them positive. I know it really helped me an still does to this day so i am just paying it forward so to speak. Oh, and as for rivalry, we don't seem to ahve a lot of that BS around these here parts. We all would like to win but are happy for "the other guy" when we don't. I think......

Last edited by Ralphy; 03-20-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Ralphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:34 PM   #11
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikax10 View Post
This is the judge in that video and in response to the comments you heard me giving, I only gave them to the drivers that I felt could benefit from the advice as we had quite a few newer drivers at that comp. I think it's one of the great things about our local crawling group, we try to help out the newbs to keep them positive. I know it really helped me an still does to this day so i am just paying it forward so to speak. Oh, and as for rivalry, we don't seem to ahve a lot of that BS around these here parts. We all would like to win but are happy for "the other guy" when we don't. I think......
Very well put i couldnt agree more sounded like you was doing a awesome job to me
vdubman is offline   Reply With Quote