Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: Japan low slung YSS crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #81
JK1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
I am thinking of this: http://cart.crawling-mania.com/ca42/71/p-r65-s/

Just curious what controls the up and down motion? I am new at this! They have not got back to me yet......But it does say there working on an english site also
Is this chassis comp-legal

J
JK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2009, 10:43 AM   #82
Rock Crawler

I have no idea how I missed this. So killer that you are getting one Kenny! Im curious to see the price on it. I think this rig could have a real advantage on certain terrains... Mmmmm..
atekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #83
Quarry Creeper

I forgot where I saw the price, but it was a ridiculous one for just a chassis! You could get a Losi 2.2 Crawler kit for less. I still want one though...
Mudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:36 PM   #84
Who's your Daddy-0!

Well guys, I had communication going with the company that makes the Clinger. I was told that I could be a dealer for the kit by them. We came to a agreement on the kit prices and how many I needed to order up front. I agreed and said let's move forward

After countless emails to them trying to place the order we had discussed and agreed upon I can not get a response now? I have a entire folder of emails with them now. I was told that I needed to be patient with them and that is exactly what I have done along with being very polite.

So after 3 weeks of unanswered emails I politely told them that I had no interest in carrying the Clinger Kit now. If communication is this hard and takes this long, how hard is it going to be for me to get replacement parts if needed? For what they cost I would expect more from them than what I have received.

With that said, hit Saver up! I know that he will be or has already got some kits in But he is in Australia I think so shipping will suck a little:-( But support him, he is a great vendor and takes care of his customers!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:29 PM   #85
Rock Crawler

Well that sucks. Wonder what their deal is? If the $350 I saw listed some where else is right then I should think they would be happy to have all of the distributors they can get. :dunno:
RivBlueNoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:06 PM   #86
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivBlueNoma View Post
Well that sucks. Wonder what their deal is? If the $350 I saw listed some where else is right then I should think they would be happy to have all of the distributors they can get. :dunno:
Wish I knew? In the beginning the emails were in broken English. As they went on they got better. The last one I got from them was almost 3 weeks ago asking for my fax #, phone #, and address so they could send a invoice. I never received anything? I have a phone # for them but no one there speaks English to talk with.

I tried guys I promise. I was going to order 10 kits first and 20 on the second order and see if any of the other vendors would want to carry them......I had PM's from 20+ people that were ready to send payment for one.

There is a English site up for them now. You can order from them as well. Shipping again will cost ya though. If I could have got them I could have saved you some good $......
Old 09-10-2009, 11:14 PM   #87
Rock Crawler

We know you tried Kenny. Chalk it up to people being squirrels I guess.

Too bad. Would have been cool to see one in person just to see up close how it really works. The pics Ive seen always show things at bad angles.
Maybe somebody will snag one and show us with good pics.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #88
www.team3sixrc.com

Kenny, i got the same thing from them. I even used babble to translate and communicate with them but I might had said something wrong and it got mixed up in trnaslation. The emails stopped 2 weeks ago for me and the deal was to order 15 units and they wanted an overnight payment or paypal payment right away. I asked the price and necver received anything afterthat
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:23 PM   #89
Who's your Daddy-0!

I guess it's for the better anyways. From what Harley and Jason have said that kind of crawler doesn't really cut it over here. I think for most of us we were just going to get one to have something new and different to mess with. Get a closer look at how it works and maybe see if any of it could be used over here.......

I'm sure we will see a build on here soon and get a review and answers that we were looking for

Kinda makes you scratch your head when someone doesn't want to take $3K+ from ya though?
Old 09-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #90
www.team3sixrc.com

yeah, I said the same thing. I told them i wanted 1 unit to check it over and do a review on. maybe thats what stopped them right there. might be looking for fast cash or something. but I am trying to find an overseas connection form some vendors I deal with and ask if they can aquire one for me. If its something that can be slight altered to make it legal. whats to stop anyone from running them.

if i recall, we all altered something or another to even make crawlers.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:29 PM   #91
Quarry Creeper

Sorry to hear all didn't go to plan, I had a similiar problem with another company here. After all the talk and agreements everything turned out to be not what it seemed.
This said don't give up just yet, they may get back to you.

Word today from Active Hobby is the Clinger has been delayed....again and they are not sure when it will be available :?

I am considering canceling the pre order I have been offering due to the constant delays.
genki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #92
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
I guess it's for the better anyways. From what Harley and Jason have said that kind of crawler doesn't really cut it over here. I think for most of us we were just going to get one to have something new and different to mess with. Get a closer look at how it works and maybe see if any of it could be used over here.......

I'm sure we will see a build on here soon and get a review and answers that we were looking for

Kinda makes you scratch your head when someone doesn't want to take $3K+ from ya though?
I dont take Harleys word on anything. Whats he know, hes only leading the local points series.

Definitely something fishy about a company not wanting a $3k+ order. Guess business is good.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:53 PM   #93
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by genki View Post
Sorry to hear all didn't go to plan, I had a similiar problem with another company here. After all the talk and agreements everything turned out to be not what it seemed.
This said don't give up just yet, they may get back to you.

Word today from Active Hobby is the Clinger has been delayed....again and they are not sure when it will be available :?

I am considering canceling the pre order I have been offering due to the constant delays.
Sorry to hear that! Glad to hear it's not just me though. They told me the kit was good to go. They were supposed to send me a invoice! Glad I didn't pay anything then!
Old 09-11-2009, 12:02 AM   #94
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Sorry to hear that! Glad to hear it's not just me though. They told me the kit was good to go. They were supposed to send me a invoice! Glad I didn't pay anything then!
Yeah, I had my business partner give them a call today and he was not exactly happy with their reply of not knowing when it will be released.

Will see if anything changes.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:35 AM   #95
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by genki View Post
Yeah, I had my business partner give them a call today and he was not exactly happy with their reply of not knowing when it will be released.

Will see if anything changes.
Keep me updated. If anything I'll get one from you if you ever get them in and do a build over here state side for the guys to see.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:57 AM   #96
Quarry Creeper

Will keep you updated but I am not holding my breath for a release date!
Old 09-15-2009, 02:51 AM   #97
Who's your Daddy-0!

So after a month with with hearing nothing from them I get this today......

"Clinger is behind with release.
If an arrival schedule is decided, I inform you by an email."

Imagine that......

Old 09-15-2009, 09:59 AM   #98
RCC Addict

Quote:
So after a month with with hearing nothing from them I get this today......

"Clinger is behind with release.
If an arrival schedule is decided, I inform you by an email."

Imagine that......

Sounds like a lost cause, Kenny...
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #99
I wanna be Dave

perhaps I did not see the technical climbs. All I have seen in down hill and very easy crawling

What's all the hype about ?
toy4crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:33 PM   #100
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4crawlin View Post
perhaps I did not see the technical climbs. All I have seen in down hill and very easy crawling

What's all the hype about ?
I think it's more about just having something different and seeing what we can do with it. The link setup and chassis are unique to say the least.