Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: how's my driving??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default how's my driving??

i got some comments on my driving what do you guys think ?i have 5 video's on my channel take a look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDque...eature=related
CustomCrawlerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I think you need to contact your local Hobby Town USA and ask for Randy. He will tell you where the next Varcor event is and then you will get a solid answer to your question.
renoirbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

hobby town in Newport news,Va is a joke, that's differant topic though.. i have looked in to varcor events in the past, they have there comps hunderds of miles away,not going to drive 5-6 hours thru heavy city traffic just to find out how my driving stacks up to others. although i bet its a good time..
Old 12-31-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomCrawlerZ View Post
hobby town in Newport news,Va is a joke, that's differant topic though.. i have looked in to varcor events in the past, they have there comps hunderds of miles away,not going to drive 5-6 hours thru heavy city traffic just to find out how my driving stacks up to others. although i bet its a good time..
It's not 5-6 hours from newport news to richmond where most of the comps are at. You should come up to our next comp on the 12th i believe it's a good time.

Last edited by firekiddc02; 12-31-2009 at 05:43 PM.
firekiddc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:12 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Not trying to be mean just trying to help,you need to practice one line [shoot to kill method]if you get a bad habbit of trying something over and over and taking a ton of reverses it will not turn out good.Keep practicing but try harder your 1st attempt .
Gatekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:22 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Richmond is possible.(if i can talk the ball and chain in to it.)i will check the varcor site.. although i dont have intrest in "comping" considering i have a R.T.C. and a tubed m.r.c. that i just cant seem to keep that little bastard running... but i have been wanting to see some real rigs in action.. hell, i have never even seen a dig in person, i feel deprived
Old 12-31-2009, 06:22 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I would stop for a moment and take his ^^^ advice really seriously into consideration.
MadForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:00 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
Not trying to be mean just trying to help,you need to practice one line [shoot to kill method]if you get a bad habbit of trying something over and over and taking a ton of reverses it will not turn out good.Keep practicing but try harder your 1st attempt .
thanks for the advise..i know what your saying.. i reverse far to much
dont worry about being mean...just call it constructive criticism(don't know if i spelled that right )
Old 12-31-2009, 07:11 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

yep....only a fool would ignore gatekeeper's advise
Old 12-31-2009, 07:32 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomCrawlerZ View Post
Richmond is possible.(if i can talk the ball and chain in to it.)i will check the varcor site.. although i dont have intrest in "comping" considering i have a R.T.C. and a tubed m.r.c. that i just cant seem to keep that little bastard running... but i have been wanting to see some real rigs in action.. hell, i have never even seen a dig in person, i feel deprived
Two guys that comp with us also have RTCs and do fine. Just bring it and have fun. Everybody will help you out up there.
firekiddc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:05 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firekiddc02 View Post
Two guys that comp with us also have RTCs and do fine. Just bring it and have fun. Everybody will help you out up there.
I'm going to talk my old lady in to going tonight while she's wasted technically its not an rtc anymore its got aluminum links rooster crawler 45t combo on a 7 cell saddle pack ,rovers and 4 linked rear.. thank you Santa Claus lol
Old 01-01-2010, 10:29 AM   #12
On the lookout for Rocks

A higher end ESC with drag brake would help you out a lot. You need to learn a little more throttle control and not always "all out". I know that the stock ESC doesn't help much there.

Last edited by constantmotion; 01-01-2010 at 10:32 AM.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

yep, those hammers kill me and the stock e.s.c.kinda forced more reverses than i actually take . i got the rooster crawler installed now and some rovers .. when it ever dry's up down here i gonna take some "driver improvement" footage .. lol and then i cant blame my equipment... lol
Old 01-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

try some different tires some rover and sipe them!
GEARSCIENCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:14 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Also, try to work on being smoother and more progressive on the throttle. Being jumpy and quick with the throttle gets you no where but in trouble.
During a comp, I try to be fast yet controlled on the course, only slowing down for extremely technical sections. This does not mean that I rush the course, I simply make up time where I can and take time where i need it.

Forward progression is the key to rock crawling, reverses may be necessary sometimes, but a lot of times you can simply throttle and steer your way out of a bad line. Thinking about how your crawler will react to a situation is KEY. Knowing that when you put your Left front tire on top of that rock and turning Right will cause your right rear tire to grip another rock and potentially help you up a ledge or whatever.

Alot of people talk about how their crawler is consistent and predictable. This is what they mean by that. Knowing that when they do one particular thing with their crawler, they know how it will react so they know how to prepare for it and combat any negative reactions.

Keep practicing, you'll get it down.

Like Austin (Gatekeeper) said, pick the right line the first time and you'll do much better! Practice Practice Practice!!
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote