Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: Venom Creeper Wheeling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 08:16 AM   #1

Default Venom Creeper Wheeling

Hi guys,

Just a forewarning, this isnt anything too hardcore, but I have been sick of just indoor crawling due to rain. So last Saturday I just went to the Elementary School behind my house where there is a rock wall. There are two parts to the video. Hope you enjoy them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptYrs...eature=channel Pt. 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWQN9...eature=channel Pt. 2
CreepyCrawler016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2010, 12:11 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Nice videos and nice music
WK-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:04 PM   #3

Thank you, I appreciate it alot. We are always our own worst critic.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Nice!
d34thw1sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

nice video what song is playing in the first one
nathand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:57 AM   #6

Nathand - the first song is called Jesus Christ by Brand New

Thanks for the compliments.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:04 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

looking good i cant wait until the snow melts here.
greaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:16 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

awsome hope your venom is working out for you have you done any mods? its got tons of potential but liked the vid thanks for bing another creeper
solowluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:54 AM   #9

Hi Thanks for the responses. As for Mod's not too much yet, these vidoes were like the first week I have owned the creeper. I do have HB Rovers, White in front, Blue in back. But I need to get dual compound inserts for the front. The stock inserts are too soft and have flat spots when just driving. Other than that I have my own wheel weight system. About .8 lbs in front and .45 in the rear. I have FLM lockers, must have. Of course three position Dig, another must have. I am running a Tekin hand wound 55t motor with an FXR ESC. I have a Castle BEC powering my 333oz Hobbico Servo, and a 2cell 5400MAH battery for long run-times. Also I have the Tekin Hotwire which I havent even plugged in and updated yet, so that is going to happen this weekend along with a new video. As you probably noticed in these vids I had alot of torque twist. Due to that I just changed out last night my shock weight to about 60 and it has increased dramatically. I am working on developing my own Stage II kit so I can work out a mount for the dig servo, also I want to keep my big 5400MAH but just move it down some when i get rid of the battery tray. Once I move the shocks with the Stage II Kit and get 70mm uppers, I'm pretty sure I will have almost zero torque twist and performance should be phenomenal. I wanted to run it stock and make changes one at a time so i can really see what changes have a positive effect, and also how much of a difference it creates. That is why the stock tires were gone after the first two days. haha. Not that its a mod, it actually is a very bad addition, but in this video I am actually usian the steering knuckle from an Axial. Due to the aluminum inner C's being on back order since forever I havent made my order for the aluminum C's and knuckles. I have already replaced like 3 inner C's and so far only broke 1 knuckle. The plastic Inner C's and Knuckles arent bad to replace or buy, but up here in WA pretty much no LHS's carry Creeper Parts, so I have to improvise if i want to be wheeling without waiting for shipping. I did have to make my own mini Tie-Rod in order to keep the the wheel straight due to the Axial Knuckle being about 1/4 inch to narrow, so without my custom tie-rod the wheels would be like this: / | But I have some spare parts on order right now so they will be replaced shortly. This is my first ever RC car, not to mention crawler so i am very impressed so far with the performance. I turned to this since I wasnt able to make too much progress on my real crawler in a while and I needed to scratch my wheeling itch, so i started this mini project. So far I'm hooked! Three weeks ago I didnt even know RC Crawling even existed. Its AWESOME.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:12 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Your music is such a reflection of the damp and dreary PNW weather and feel. The music made the video. Great work. Great feel. I really, really, really like this video,,,,,and oddly it makes me kinda wanna move back to Bellingham. Weird
rngrchad is offline   Reply With Quote