Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: Losi MRC 1.9 Competition Crawler X-TREME CRAWLER!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Talking Losi MRC 1.9 Competition Crawler X-TREME CRAWLER!

Got a new vid up my losi mini 1.9 competion crawler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNYGXIPf1Nc

sorry i dont know how to embed, well i do but it wont let me lol thanks for stopping by
shadowrejects is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

great job and nice crawler . I actually like the roll cage and I usually don't. I have a couple suggestions that I think your crawler would greatly benefit from.
Looks like you have too much torque twist . put a fuel tube bump stop on the bottom of your shock perch in the left rear shock to stop some of the travel. next put an internal spring inside the right front shock so it pulls that side down slightly . then ether get bead locks and new tires, or weight the hell out of your fronts and reglue. 4link also helps with torque twist ,you can make one from the stock lower links and just get new bent lower links . judging by your video it looks like doing just a few of these mods would make that thing really come alive . and dont worry about loosing alittle articulation it looks like you got more than enough
droopmodmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:15 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

I agree with above...you gotta do something about the TT! It made me laugh because mine used to do it too.

Not sure if you plan to compete, but you will need some sides on that tuber if you do.
mascman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:43 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascman View Post
I agree with above...you gotta do something about the TT! It made me laugh because mine used to do it too.

Not sure if you plan to compete, but you will need some sides on that tuber if you do.

yea the TT is crazy because the shocks i got pop out of place every 5 minutes because the cap gets loose but i fixed it lol, well kinda haha thanks bro
Old 04-28-2010, 03:47 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopmodmrc View Post
great job and nice crawler . I actually like the roll cage and I usually don't. I have a couple suggestions that I think your crawler would greatly benefit from.
Looks like you have too much torque twist . put a fuel tube bump stop on the bottom of your shock perch in the left rear shock to stop some of the travel. next put an internal spring inside the right front shock so it pulls that side down slightly . then ether get bead locks and new tires, or weight the hell out of your fronts and reglue. 4link also helps with torque twist ,you can make one from the stock lower links and just get new bent lower links . judging by your video it looks like doing just a few of these mods would make that thing really come alive . and dont worry about loosing alittle articulation it looks like you got more than enough

thanks bro and yea ive been dying for a 4 link but im extremely crazy about the articulation haha i think articulation is a key to a good rock crawler the TT is almost gone tho because i got threaded shocks so i make them soft so now its somewhat a drooper (which i dont like, becuase it highcenters alot) but it works out now!! and i changed the rear left shock where the truck leans, i made it s a tad bit stiffer to help it no twist, but yea bro thanks for the tips once i get metal shafts i will get bent links, because the bent links will cause the shafts to rub and im afraid ill loose a pin or even snap a shaft haha thanks tho!! and the roll cage is the integy roll cage LOL (one of their really good items!! it holds up to ALOT of stress, i stuck my 20lbs weight on it and no bend at all!!) haha thanks man
Old 04-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

The stiff spring will help slightly but what really works is a limiter in left rear and internal spring in the right front shock , with the 4 link it ends torque twist in its tracks. As for the shaft rub and pin fall out do the usual mod , heat shrink tube over the shafts where the pins and u-joints are. what you really get out of stopping the torque twist is much steeper climbs. but if you like articulation then leave it alone . to each his own
droopmodmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:09 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopmodmrc View Post
The stiff spring will help slightly but what really works is a limiter in left rear and internal spring in the right front shock , with the 4 link it ends torque twist in its tracks. As for the shaft rub and pin fall out do the usual mod , heat shrink tube over the shafts where the pins and u-joints are. what you really get out of stopping the torque twist is much steeper climbs. but if you like articulation then leave it alone . to each his own
hmm i might do that thanks bro!!