Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: TCS Edge AX10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default TCS Edge AX10

EDIT: I think my video is encoded improperly with the wrong aspect ratio, but it's still viewable. Will sort it out later.

I had money burning a hole in my pocket, so I picked up an OG TCS Edge tube/hybrid chassis from the local Hobbytown.

I've been playing with it using an AX10 ARTR as a base and using the TCS Edge hardwar kit with the droop internal springs.

Conclusion: I was quite a bit frustrated at first, but after adding heavier shock oil, and playing with link angles and placement, I can finally drive it over this pile of debris I had lying around in my backyard.

from Rene Noble on Vimeo.

K.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

looks like you got some stiff tires but i love the car it looks sick
07Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Not bad at all! I miss my Edge. It's a fun chassis, and can seriously take a beating. Nice work.
Mayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I think I'll eventually grow a brain and just get some Panther Leopards that were sitting at the hobbyshop for an additional $5.00 off per pair. I like the idea of the hybrid tube/tvp chassis and how everything just bolts on. I think I may skip the idea of turning this into a rock racer with shorter links and maybe just bolt on the mythical Axial motorized axles that are supposed to be announced in 5 days.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:58 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I love the looks on the crawler, sooner or later I am going to get a tuber as well. Very nice video.... what do you use for editing???
norbyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:28 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbyx View Post
I love the looks on the crawler, sooner or later I am going to get a tuber as well. Very nice video.... what do you use for editing???
Hey, thanks! I have been playing with just pre-loaded computer software, this one was made with Windows Movie Maker. I've also messed around on iMovie a bit. You should really check my other video for some nicer edits both on the video clips and on the sound
Old 05-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

You really should try the same semi-droop shock setup that I had in my Edge. I have the 3Racing shocks, with pen springs internally, under the piston, and cut 2 of the supplied internal springs in half, and put the half spring on top of the piston. About 1/4" of fuel tube outside, for a bump stop. This setup works very well. I was running them full droop, but they were too long, which caused all sorts of issues. These shocks were only about $40, and well worth it. I'm still using the same shock, with the same configuration in my current setup, an SWX, and it still works fantastic.

Last edited by Mayze; 05-05-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Mayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:20 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I'm actually flipping a coin right now between some RC4WD Comp shocks or the GMADE G-Transition shocks. We'll see what happens though as the countdown clock ticks on Axial's new way to get money out of my pocket