Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: My Aussie MRC in the backyard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Homeschool mods climbing Mt Brickmore

Hey guys, I joined RCCrawler.com and The Crawl Pit recently, after hearing about the MRC - a little truck in my price range! Woo!

I've only had my MRC for a couple of weeks. Having relocated the stock battery to the front and then upgrading the weak nylon servo to a HS-645MG, I then wanted more weight for the front so made my own 2900mAh battery pack (from 6x AA NiMH cells). This did wonders for its handling, not to mention how much longer it runs for now between charges

I'm getting addicted to seeing this little beastie become increasingly able, so naturally there will be more mods to come! I'd love to buy some tyres for it (FlatIrons have my eye), but for AUD$80 for 4 tyres I think I'll have to wait a while and save up!

I'm going to invert the shocks soon (looks easy enough), but I remain baffled at how to do the droop setup. Better get searching on the forums to work it out! In the meantime, I hope you enjoy my vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6pyl6RzREU

Just some backyard action on a modest pile of bricks and concrete. (The onboard cam is the one I use on my motorcycle usually - check out my channel for ride footage: http://www.youtube.com/user/cragv

Cheers guys, see you round the boards

(Edited ages later after stumbling across the thread again and finding a bunch of broken links and formatting! D'oh!)

Last edited by cragv; 07-22-2012 at 07:14 AM.
cragv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

So while we're resurrecting this old thread, why not complete it with an update - timely, given I'm just about to start a new Trekker build and have recently returned to the site now as a bit more of a 'regular'!

Meet my MRC Pro which was built entirely from parts:

(Losi MRC w/GC3 chassis, Mongoose ESC & motor, MRC Pro running gear, 15kg servo & metal linkages, 2S + 3S LiPO, waterproofed & many other goodies).

There's a vid or two of it in action on my YouTube channel; link in previous post. I've really been enjoying getting into this forum properly this week so will look forward to making my build thread for my Trekker whenever it arrives. Cheers!

Last edited by cragv; 07-22-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

This little truck is no more! It's donated both kidneys to a one- tenth scale conversion, which is a work in progress: